Chapter 18: The Chocolate

Can You Hear Me?

Eun Mi opened her locker to take her stuffs after the class ended but she was surprised to see a bar of chocolate was inside there. She took the chocolate and stared at it, wondering who the giver was. There was a card written:

Sweet chocolate for my sweetheart... <3<3<3’

But no name was stated there. She looked around to see if the giver was there somewhere, but nobody was around. ‘Who gave me this chocolate?’

“What’s wrong?” a voice came her back. She was startled that she dropped the chocolate. She turned around and it was Seohyun.

“What’s wrong? Are you looking for somebody?” Seohyun looked at the direction where Eun Mi was dazing just now. Eun Mi picked up the chocolate and shook her head.

“What’s this? A chocolate? Who gave it to you?”Seohyun asked. Eun Mi shrugged her shoulder and showed her the card.

“Whoa... is this a secret admirer? You have a secret admirer? Or is it Luhan Oppa? That’s sweet...” Seohyun . Eun Mi just laughed and walked away. Her head was still wondering who gave her the chocolate. ‘I don’t think it’s Luhan oppa. I knew his handwriting...’ she thought to herself.

“YAH KIM EUN MI!!!” someone shouted Eun Mi’s name from the distance. It was Hyuna, and her girls. They walked toward Eun Mi and Seohyun with fiery eyes. Hyuna pushed Eun Mi until she fell onto the floor hard. Seohyun ran to help her friend.

“What is your problem!?” Seohyun yelled at Hyuna. Hyuna rolled her eyes in disgust.

“Stop pretending to be innocent! What’s with the gossips of you and Luhan oppa!? I can’t believe such a mute, handicapped girl like you could be that shameless to seduce my oppa!?”

PANG!!!

Eun Mi slapped Hyuna’s face, hard. Everybody was shocked with the sudden action. Eun Mi looked daggers at her. She did not care if anyone called her mute or handicapped or whatsoever, but to accuse for seducing people was unforgivable. She still had her dignity.

Hyuna widened her eyes and touched her cheek. “How dare you to slap my face!?” She jumped and attacked Eun Mi. And so did her other friends. Seohyun went to help Eun Mi but the girls were too many. They started to pull their hair, hit them and even kicked them.

SOMEBODY HELP US!!!’  Eun Mi shouted in her head.

“WHAT’S HAPPENING HERE!?” Someone shouted to them. The girls stopped and turned around. Suho was looking at them with intense glare. Luhan was there too. The girls backed off a bit, and then they noticed that Eun Mi and Seohyun were there too. They were on the floor, in a messy state.

“Eun Mi! Seohyun!” they ran towards the girl. “Yah, are you okay?” Luhan helped Eun Mi to stand up while Suho helped Seohyun. The girls just nodded slowly. Hyuna and the gang quickly fled from the place before something bad happened to them.

“I’ll call Chen and the others. Let’s take them home...” Suho suggested.

Chen was so furious when he knew what had happened. Luckily Eun Mi and Seohyun only slightly bruised or else, Hyuna and the gang would be dead on the next day. Eun Mi begged her brother to just let it go. She did not like to make the situation worse. And so did Seohyun, even though she was very mad with what had happened.

                                                               *********************