Chapter 9: Mrs Kim's Dessert House

Reuniting Blues (Monday Couple Fanfiction)
Ji Hyo got up from her ringing alarm clock.
 
Her hand slammed hard on the 'snooze' button and she threw her thick blanket off her. She sat down, cross-legged on her soft round bed, still in mong~ state, she rubbed her eyes, did a little stretching and stood up, walking leisurely to her bathroom. She brushed her teeth, washed her face and changed into sleek white pants and a Cotton On casual T-shirt.
 
She grabbed a piece of bread, biting it with her teeth, using a black hairband to tie her hair into a tight and tidy bun. After wolfing down the bread, she was wide awake, not in mong~ state, but full of enthusiasm.
 
She jumped about, happy to go back to one of her childhood play areas, and of course, hoping to see her long lost childhood playmate. Ji Hyo then calmed herself, pacing to get her already packed sling bag and opened her front door.
 
"This is so going to be a great day!" Ji Hyo screamed at the top of her lungs, and immediately shrunk back, hoping that no one heard her at 6:30 in the morning.
*********************************************************************************
Kang Gary had no idea why he had woken up this late in the morning. He had drank neither wine nor beer, but he woke up at 9? That was seriously over the limit. Plus, he had lots of drafts to finish writing despite Ji Hyo helping him the other day.
 
"Ah! Good morn, Hee Gun! Why you sleep so late today? You had a call just now," Gil muttered as he crunched on an apple.
 
"Who called? " Gary stumbled, as he hurried to his IPhone, which was placed by the dining table.
 
"Your aunt at Jamsil. Something about your old friend there and that you go there asap," Gil shrugged, taking another bite of the rosy fruit.
 
"Old friend? When did she call?" Gary questioned hurriedly, changing out of his shirt and pants to jeans and a smart T-shirt.
 
"Um...just now," Gil says as he casually threw the fruit up, grabbing it at the last second.
 
"When is just now?" Gary shouted, now ing the situation's urgency.
 
"Half an hour before," Gil gulped down a bite of the apple, making his Adam's Apple to be enlarged.
 
"Half an hour? gosh! You should have woke me up!" Gary exclaimed annoyingly, grabbing his thin leather jacket.
 
"Well, you were sleeping so soundly...I didn't want to wake you..." Gil chewed the rest of the apple up, suddenly turning to a pitiful dongsaeng.
 
"Ah...Haish...Nevermind. I'm going off now! Anyeong!" Gary calm down, shrugging, he took a pair of sunglasses and waved goodbye as he ran down his yard and to his black car.
*********************************************************************************
Song Ji Hyo was really nervous.
 
As she looked from her dimly covered Coach sunglasses, she scanned the area, looking for familiar faces. She was afraid that some people may recognize her and she wouldn't be able to have a quiet day at her old play place. Luckily, no one did, which could've been a disappointment at other days, but to her, it was perfect.
 
"Anyeong! Welcome to Kim's Dessert House!" An employee welcomed her as she stepped into the wooden plated shop, which was the identical to the place she always went before.
 
"Um...I'm looking for Mrs Kim," Ji Hyo mumbled, careful not to let the employee know who she was by her voice.
 
"Oh! Mrs Kim? Oh, wait a moment!" The employee looked suspiciously at her, backing away tithe kitchen of the Dessert Place.
 
Ji Hyo waited nervously for Mrs Kim whom she had not met for  twenty-four years. She fidgeted nervously with the straps of her bag as she thought:
 
Will she not recognize me? Oh will I not recognize her? If both of us changed a lot... How will we be able to reconcile? 
 
"I heard someone was looking for me!" A voice echoed from the kitchen and a plump, curly-haired ahjumma walked out of the doors.
 
Fresh smells of almond and a variety of delicious aromas filled the air of the Dessert House and almost everyone in the crowded shop sighed, inducing in the contagious smells.
 
"AnyeongHaseyo!I'm Chun Sung Im!" Ji Hyo burst out, hoping that Mrs Kim, who had not changed at all, would still remember her name.
 
"Sung Im? Imie?" Mrs Kim gasped, as she strolled to Ji Hyo, tightly hugging her.
 
"Yea! I'm Imie! My mom and you were friends, remember?" Ji Hyo embraced Mrs Kim back, smiling widely that she had recognized her.
 
"Omo! You've grown so tall! And you are..."Mrs Kim says as she slowly took off Ji Hyo's sunglasses, which did not make Ji Hyo to hesitate.
 
Mrs Kim completely took off Ji Hyo's sunglasses, revealing her milky-white texture and stunningly beautiful face.
 
"Omo! Aren't you Song Ji Hyo? I thought I read your real name wrongly, but you really is her?" Mrs Kim exclaimed in awe, making most of the customers to turn and see Ji Hyo.
 
"Yeah...um...where is Gunie Oppa?" Ji Hyo flinched as the customers started taking photos and decided to change the subject.
 
"Oh, he's a famous rapper now! Haven't you seen him?" Mrs Kim answers excitedly. "And don't worry, I will tell these nosy parkers not to post you online!" And almost immediately, all the diners went back to their meal.
 
"Um..nope...I was hoping to see him at your store, so I always went to your other branch," Ji Hyo says.
 
"Oh! Don't worry! I can call him now to get him here to meet you!" Mrs Kim said, dragging Ji Hyo over to the telephone which was sitting on the cashier.
 
"Okay..." Ji Hyo blushed as she heard that her Gunie Oppa will be coming to see her.
 
"By the way, why didn't you meet Hee Gun at the entertainment industry before?" Mrs Kim asked as she dialed the number to call her nephew.
 
"Um...I don't really mix with other singers except for those I act in dramas with or are with me on Running Man," Ji Hyo says, rather disappointed at her own observation skills.
 
"Oh...sorry, as ahjumma don't really have the time to watch TV... But who are the ones you know?" Mrs Kim asks, as she placed the phone by her right ear.
 
"Ah, kwenchana! Um... The ones I know, rappers? Um... Gary Oppa, Ha Ha Oppa, Gil Oppa, JK Oppa, Skull Oppa...and um...Mirae Unnie..." Ji Hyo listed the ones she was more familiar with, going into blank mode as she struggled to list more.
 
"Ah! Hee Gun is in the list! Think hard! Imie!" Mrs Kim smiled encouragingly, as a voice clicked at the speaker.
 
"Oh...in the list?" Ji Hyo went into Mong state again.
 
"Ah! Seong Joon ah! Is Hee Gun there? Oh he's still sleeping? Oh tell him to come here asap as his old friend is here!" And with that, she hang up.
 
"Seong Joon?...Gil?...That means it's..." Ji Hyo's eyes widened as she concluded her answer.
 
"Kudae, Imie. Your Hee Gun Oppa is Kang Gary."
*********************************************************************************
Everyone! Thanks for all your support! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! This fast update is because I will be rather busy next week and that I may not be able to update as quickly. But still stay tune! I may have surprises!
 
Hope all Monday Shippers liked this! ^^
 
- Sjhdanielle (Song Ji Hyo Doodles)
P.S. Comments, upvotes and subscribes are most appreciated~