Chapter 2: A Fresh Start

Reuniting Blues (Monday Couple Fanfiction)

Song Ji Hyo picked a long-length shirt with a picture a lip on it. She put on a rosy colored lipstick and smiled when she saw her reflection on the bathroom's mirror. She tucked her hair behind her ears and saw the new her. The past few months, she had not worn lipstick as she had not needed attention from other people since she was in a relationship. Now that she was single again, she felt a new feeling rushing through her veins, a pulsing energy making her full of spirit and more daring then ever before.

 

She touched up her make-up and glanced at herself. She grinned happily at her new self. She felt happier than when she was with Chang Jo.

 

She had became seriously thin because of her crying and needed a fill up during lunch. I'll have a scrumptious lunch later with the members, I promise you, tummy! 

 

She patted her stomach and clasped the knob at her bathroom door. Ji Hyo headed out of  the bathroom and went to the kitchen. She grabbed the Bulgogi burger from the basket on the dining table. It was fattening but the thin Ji Hyo needed it. Ji Hyo munched on the burger hungrily, but not like a wolf, whereas, eating as if she was in a photo shoot or CF.

 

"BEEP...BEEP..." Ji Hyo's phone sounded for an incoming message.

 

Gary Oppa 7.05a.m. ;


Ji Hyo ah... Oppa outside ur house now. Wanna take my ride to set?


Ji Hyo was momentarily stunned to see the message. Gary never drove her to Running Man. Well...maybe once or twice in a while. But what shocked Ji Hyo was the timing of his decision to take her to the set. It was just after she broke up fresh and clean! Ji Hyo never believed in coincidences, but this was too good to be true. Ji Hyo can finally start Monday Couple officially without anything blocking. Scratching her head, she replied Gary;


To Gary Oppa;


K oppa! Meet u outside now!:))


Not waiting for Gary's reply, she moved out of her front door. Closing the door behind her, Ji Hyo walked to her garden. The door clicked, signalling the automatic lock up of her house. Ji Hyo emerged to the outside sunny landscape. Her little garden and rock floor. She noticed Gary's trailer parked beside her gates and strides there, smiling brightly. She had only one thing in her mind, which was, Gary Oppa, thank you for waiting for me

*********************************************************************************


Kang Gary looked nervously at his iPhone, waiting for Ji Hyo's reply. He was looking forward to this filming as it was a couple episode and hence, wanted it to be special. He had really taken his time to think of ideas. Finally, he thought of this idea. 


Suddenly, his phone ringed and Gary quickly unlocked his phone. all he saw was his beloved Mong Ji's reply. He turned to his right, smiling brightly as he saw Ji Hyo strolling out of her yard to his trailer. His heart was beating heavily as he saw that she was looking brighter and happier than the past few days.


"Ji Hyo ah!"Gary called as he saw Ji hyo in a 'Mong' state as she walked towards him.


"Oh! Gary oppa! Annyeonghaseyo!"Ji hyo chirped as she flipped open one side of the car door.


"How was your morning? How come Chang Jo-shii did not come?"Gary asked as he pointed at Ji Hyo's gates where no other car was found.


"Oppa! Fine... Why are you here anyway, I was wondering why would you pick me up today,"Ji Hyo replied in a mumbling tone.


"Oh...Oppa was just passing by and i saw that Chang Jo-shii was not here, so i thought of giving you a ride to the set..."Gary fiddled with the spiky part of the  back of his head.


"Arasso...Kamsahamida Oppa, i was tired this morning too. I gotta have a good rest...>yawn<"Ji Hyo thanked Gary, her cheeks turning red with embarrassment.


"Well then, have a rest! Your Gary Guard will bring you to the set!" Gary says as he pushed Ji Hyo's back a little so that Ji Hyo can lie down and sleep.


"Kamsahamida Oppa!"Ji Hyo mumbles as she closed her eyes, going into the shallow part of slumberland.


Gary turns on the engine and slowly drives the trailer out of Ji Hyo's gates and into the busy roads of the city of Ulsan. As he drove there, he stole glances of Ji Hyo from time to time. How rosy her lips are...how shiny her hair are under the bright morning sun...how milky her skin was. He grinned like an idiot as he saw how angelic she looks while she was sleeping. He pushed her hair from her beautiful face before he continues driving .


When they reach the set, Gary parks the car and turns to the snoring Ji Hyo. He didn't want to wake her up when she is sleeping so soundly, but he had no choice.


"Ji Hyo yah... Wake up...We're here"Gary soothes Ji hyo out of her slumber and eases her up.


"Oppa...i still want to sleep..."Ji Hyo moans as she flicked gary aside.


"Ow! Ji Hyo ah... Get up!"Gary hisses once more."Otherwise Oppa has to carry you ah!"


"Yess...Oppa carry me while I sleep...please oppa..."Ji Hyo whines as she slumped back down the seat.


Ji Hyo's aegyo was simply too intimidating that Gary had no choice but to back down. He slung Ji Hyo over his shoulders to piggy-back her. Gary looks back at the comfortable Ji Hyo who was cuddling softly on Gary's shoulder. He smiled as he headed to cast members.


"Ohh...Look at those two!" Ha Ha teases as he lifted his finger at the Monday Couple's way.


Gary made no response as he puts her down on PD's blanket on the floor. He makes one more try to wake her up. 


"Ji Hyo ahh... Wake up! Kim Jong Kook has his hands on your nametag!" He lies as he put his hand pretendedly on her back. 


"Yah! Jong Kookie! You want to be dead is it?" Ji Hyo startles Gary as she immediately wakes, punching his arm. 


"Ow! Ji hyo! It hurts you know!"Gary mumbles as he pulled his hand back.


"Ehh...Jong Kook hyung isn't tearing my nametag though... You lied?" Ji hyo got back to realisation. 


"Wow... Ji hyo yah... i got to watch out next time i'm near you..." Jong kook stares in awe at Ji hyo.


Ji Hyo got up from the PD's blanket. Looking in horror at where she was lying on.


"Yah! Kang Gary! You put me here?" Ji Hyo roars, producing a flying kick straight at Gary's face.


"Woah, Ji hyo ah! I only did that because there was no where for you to lie on," Gary lift both palms towards ji hyo in surrendering mode.


"Oh... Thanks oppa," Ji Hyo blushes, while thinking about her whining at Gary when she had to wake up. 


Ji Hyo was embarrassed at what she had acted and Gary was sure of it. He learnt to read faces as it was a kind of survival skill.


"Oh, I don't mind your whining. I am Commander number 2!" Gary jokes, folding his arms over his chest to act like he's proud.


Ji Hyo giggles in reply when she saw his reaction. 


"Oh, look at that. When Running Man gets an couple episode, Monday Couple gets intimate again!" Kwang Soo laughs as he saw Monday Couple's awkward conversation.


The whole Running man cast laughs and Jaesuk patted Gary on the back, whispering a quick 'good luck'. 

*********************************************************************************

Since they still had half an hour before filming, Gary invited Ji Hyo to a stroll around the area.


"Ji Hyo ah... You seem happier today. May i ask you why?" Gary asks politely like a gentlemen.


"......Oppa...I...we..."Ji Hyo stutters, as she scratches her head nervously.


"If you don't want to say it, it's perfectly fine," Gary fiddled with the back of his head again.


"No...oppa...that's not what i mean. It's just that me and Chang Jo...the reason why you didn't see him this morning...well, we've broken up,"Ji Hyo mumbles, almost like a whisper.

*********************************************************************************

Hello everyone! Hope you like this! I know it's kinda late but, this is the second chapter of Reuniting Blues! Support!

-Sjhdanielle (Song Ji Hyo doodles)

P.S. Comments, upvotes and subscribes are most appreciated~