Chapter 1: The break-up

Reuniting Blues (Monday Couple Fanfiction)

Song Ji Hyo wept silently under her pillow as her phone rang in alarm. She reached out for her phone on her bedside table but to no avail. Her hands were tired from the fatigue of crying. But it was no use, it was over. She tried to keep up her strong image and breathed in deeply when she finally sat up to get her phone.

 

"Anyeong...Sung Im here,"Ji hyo mumbled into the speaker, wiping away her tears with a tissue paper and threw it into a rubbish bin where it had hundreds of them in it.

 

"Sung Im ah... Oppa here, I know you will not understand, but it really is no use. You know me and you had warned me, but i didn't listen and eventually..."A deep voice whispered through the phone, which Ji Hyo immediately knew was Baek Chang Jo.

 

"...Oppa, I understand, I wouldn't bother you again. Have a better life without me,"Ji Hyo choked back her tears, remembering the scathing memory that unleashed through her mind again.

 

She was busy with her work and Chang Jo was too, that led to many problems because Chang Jo, who was caring to Ji Hyo had signed her up to various movies, dramas to rise her popularity up. Unknowingly, that led to them having less and lesser time for both of them to meet up and talk to each other. Chang Jo had recently confessed that he found their relationship fading and there were no sparks between them, hence, both of them had agreed for breakup but it was not to be a publicised news.

 

"Mianhe...Sung Im. It had been hard on you. You have been busy with work, mianhe..."Chang Jo sighed as he apologised deeply.

 

"Alasso, Oppa. Anyeongkaseyo," Ji Hyo replied for the last time and hung up the phone.

 

Ji Hyo breathed in to soothe her emotions and tried not to tear. She picked up her phone and slid the home screen which led to her home page. His smiling face always looks up to her whenever she does that. She got to her photo gallery and picked out her family picture. She chose it as the photo of her home page. Looking at her family's smiling faces, she broke out a sigh. Stretching herself, Ji Hyo walked out of her beautiful bedroom.

 

It was a room with a wooden plated floor, queen-sized round bed, a walk-in wardrobe full of her cute caps, red carpet dresses, casual clothes and of course, numerous branded shoes. Her washroom and restroom was next door, with a jacuzzi-sized bathtub, with a sink cabinet beside her sink and toilet that was filled with cosmetics and body care products. Ji Hyo stepped into her grand bathroom, which was designed simply, with no designer, just by her. She liked it this way, where she found it comfortable, she didn't want to live in a place where it seems to be so uncomfortable or too grand for her.

 

"Unnhh..." Ji Hyo moaned as she splashed water on her frail face, which made her face look painfully thin. She had lost weight this few days too. Looking at her mong face, she splashed another handful of water at herself so that she would be much more alert.

 

It was the afternoon of a Sunday, which meant to her a resting afternoon, when it is the last chance for her to relax before going on tedious missions for Running Man the next day. She anticipated the following day as her Running Man was always so caring and there for her. She was always comfortable with them and Ji Hyo smiled when she thought of the happy moments that always surfaced in each filming of an episode.

 

Ji Hyo left the room, after wiping dry her face and hands.

 

"Unnie!"Ji Hyo cried out happily when she saw her sisterly manager at her dining table, drinking a sweet smelling drink.

 

"Oh!Sung Im!I have news for you, tomorrow, you will be having a couple's special tomorrow. I came to tell you that."Ji Hyo's manager grinned as she put down the cup of her drink.

 

"Are you sure it's only that, unnie?"Ji Hyo teased, as she walked over to pour a glass of water for herself.

 

"Yes, yes...you got me. Sung Im, gosh, by your busy schedule, i miss you,"Ji Hyo's manger nodded and continued taking teaspoon-sized sips of her drink.

 

"Haha...By the way, unnie, what is that?"Ji Hyo inhaled in the beautiful fragrance that made her moods aloft.

 

"Oh...Lemongrass tea. You want one, i got dozens of packets down in my leather bag. Sometimes, i just need some of those to keep me calm,"Ji Hyo's manager replied,pointing to her workbag while drinking her tea.

 

"Ohh! I definitely want one!"Ji Hyo grabbed her manager's bag daringly and snatched out a packet of the drink.

 

Just then, she noticed something down in her manager's side pocket. It was a letter, hand-written, with the blue ink entitled; To Sung Im .

 

"What's this?"Ji Hyo grasped the letter, her already big eyes widened to the size of a ball.

 

"Oh, i didn't want to give you that. But...since you noticed it, i have no choice,"Ji Hyo's manager sighed as she drank more tea to calm herself.

 

"What is about this letter that makes you worried?"Ji Hyo asked worriedly.

 

"It's from your CEO, Baek Chang Jo,"Ji Hyo's manager squeaked.

 

Baek Chang Jo? Oh no, he's not firing me is he? Ji Hyo frowned. Numerous thoughts flitted into her head. She quickly put the teabag into the glass of warm water she had just poured for herself and stirred the contents. She seriously needed to calm down. If she was fired, she was most definitely out of this industry and all her hard work will be ruined. Her breakup will be revealed as well! Ji hyo groaned nervously as she drank the tea.

 

"Ahh...the nervous side of Ji Hyo is here, don't worry, open the envelope. Chang Jo promised you no harm. And, don't worry, i didn't look inside,"Ji Hyo's manager reassured her.

 

Ji Hyo looked at the side of the marble table which lay the envelope that seemed like a bomb to her now. She gently picked it up, revealing a letter written on notebook paper.

 

Dear Sung Im,


I am sorry that our relationship didn't last for a long time and i had not made you happy. I promise that i will not fire you because of this matter and i will still continue working on publicising you as a repay for my sin to your feelings. 


I will also not publicise our private matter and will not hold on further to your life. Be free as i think i am not the rightful man of yours.


Do not be guilty about our bad ending and move on to find another better person. I am confident you will be able to do so.


Forever your friend,


BCJ


Ji Hyo read the letter with bitter eyes, but was very delighted that it was not a letter of retrenchment. She looked back at her manager who was looking at her with her eyes twinkling. 


"Unnie, kamsahamida,"Ji Hyo went over to hug her manager unwittingly.


Her manager was like a second sister next to her other sister back home. Ji Hyo would always confide her good news and bad news to her and her manager would always comfort her, like now.


"Oh, Sung Im...It's okay, let bad things get behind you, forget about it,"Ji Hyo's manager patted Ji Hyo's back softly.


"I'm fine, unnie. Thank you for your support all this while,"Ji Hyo smiled, as she broke from the hug.


Ji Hyo actually felt good about this situation. She didn't have to worry about how to present herself, how to hide from paparazzi, how to not let news leak out, how to look pretty...etc. She was single again, in freedom. She can experience what the fact of falling in love means.


*********************************************************************************

Kang Gary was fiddling around with his phone, waiting impatiently every second for a phone call. He had looked up on every channel on his television, hoping to find something interesting to watch. All he got was the newest episode timing in the evening. 


He had just got the news of a couple episode for the next day of filming, and it gave him goosebumps. He had a chance to be with his dream girl again. Maybe even being couples again, since the episode 18 until now, he had to have a special episode that starred Monday Couple and both their feelings reunited.  He loved the episode 137 and lots more where they were on the same team and she was rather close to him. 


Just when he was thinking about Song Ji Hyo... a call surfaced and his phone rang loudly in his song, Lessang Blues.


"Anyeong! Kang Gary here!" Gary called as he picked up the phone.


"Ah! Hyung! Are you excited that tomorrow is a couple episode? I think SNSD might be coming!"Lee Kwang Soo's excited tone greeted him.


"Ah, Kwang Soo. I thought who was it! You and your fantasies again,"Gary laughed as he replied.


"Ehh...Hyung! You don't anticipate? Ah...you want Ji hyo noona!"Kwang Soo chuckled.


" What? Kwang Soo! You and your sabotages. I'll meet you tomorrow morning for Running Man meeting! Anyeong!"Gary shouted and hang up the phone. 


Gary sighed in delight as he thought about what Kwang Soo had said. 


He was absolutely delighted that Kwang Soo still remembered Monday Couple despite Ji Hyo having a boyfriend and also connecting him with her when he had said that. Gary laid down at his furry brown couch, closing his eyes, contented with the afternoon he had spent. He  reminded  himself to set the alarm clock so that he can watch the episode that evening and watch how well he had fared in the episode and scenes of Ji Hyo.

*********************************************************************************

-Hi Gals and Guys, you liked it? Hope that Monday Couple fans had enjoyed it too.

Warning: I have no means of spoiling the relationship of Baek Chang Jo and Ji Hyo. This story is purely fictional, in any point that it relates to the real fact, it is purely coincidental .

-Sjhdanielle(Song Ji Hyo Doodles)

P.S. Comments, upvotes and subscribes are most appreciated