Chapter 7: The Memories

Reuniting Blues (Monday Couple Fanfiction)

Just when Ji Hyo was bursting out in happiness from seeing Gary's totally red face, a shadow loomed over her. It's hand grasped her shoulder, while he squeaked,

 

"Hello, Sung Im sshi~…"

 

Ji Hyo, astonished from the familiar voice, turned over, only to be shocked senselessly.

 

"Oh…Hi…" Ji Hyo stuttered the words through gritted teeth.

 

Kang Gary, too, was shocked. He almost fell down his chair, which could have been a funny sight if the person in front of him was Suk Jin.

 

"Um…sorry to interrupt your couple's talk, but i just want to say a hello to my 'good' friend," The man's lips formed a smile, gesturing out a hand to Ji Hyo.

 

"Oh…um…Hi, Baek Chang Joo shii~" Ji Hyo merely mumbled out the words that was unintelligible.

 

Ji Hyo lifted her hand, to meet her ex-boyfriend, whose eyes were twinkling towards Gary.

 

Yep, it was that awkward. Gary eyes widened upon meeting the cep's gaze.

 

"Eh…Hello, Baek chang Joo shii~. Me and Ji hyo aren't having a date, just having a lunch as friends," Gary said, his own words piecing his heart.

 

As Gary wasn't good at lying, Chang Joo believed Gary, but his eyes could see through to gary's heartbroken emotion.

 

"Well, I'm only here to say hello. Well, we're still friends, aren't we? We'll contact soon," Chang Joo grinned at the both of them, before turning his back at them, walking to the stairs.

*********************************************************************************

Ji Hyo didn't know why, but Gary's words made Ji Hyo mad.

 

She felt as if like a few days back, a failure at her own relationship. Her heart utterly broke into millions, every droplet of blood splashed on her body parts like bullets, making her hurt thousands more.

 

Just having a lunch as friends


Ji Hyo held her chest tightly, as if trying to form her broken heart together. Is she in love with him thats why she's having this emotion? Ji Hyo was baffled at her own mind and heart. Nope…it can't be, right?

*********************************************************************************

Gary shifted his chair back in place, his feelings mixed.

 

Why was Ji Hyo's CEO here? Isn't he supposed to be in his office at this time?

 

Gary was also infuriated by his own word formation. He had always dreamt about having a date with Ji  Hyo, his beloved, but he had just spoken as if he didn't care.

 

Just having lunch as friends


Gary wanted to flip open his head that Patrick the starfish in SpongBob Squarepants cartoon always do, and take out his brain to take a stomp at it. He could feel his face getting hot, so he tried to control his anguish emotions. He breathed in and out a couple of times, he couldn't get all like a mad scientist in front of Ji Hyo, right?

 

When he calmed down, he saw that Ji Hyo was blushing and was clenching her chest. He felt embarrassed looking at what Ji Hyo was doing, but he had to ask as a caring oppa of here's.

 

"Ji Hyo ah~, what happened? Why are you like that?" Gary asked in a worried tone.

 

"…" Ji Hyo seemed to have blanked out and didn't reply.

 

"Ji Hyo?" Gary flitted his hand in front of Ji Hyo a couple of times before she could come to her senses.

 

"Eh? Oppa?" Ji Hyo questioned as she removed her hand and put them on her lap.

 

"I was asking what happened…you were um…kind of um…blushing and um…" Gary scratched the back of his head awkwardly and his face was beetroot red.

 

"Uh…nothing oppa," Ji Hyo replied. "I'm fine."

 

"Oh, sorry, i was kind of worried…" Gary's face flushed, but was saved by his worker, who was walking to their table with a Bulgogi burger and a can of sprite.

 

"Eh…Don't you serve your boss first?" Gary asked, obviously joking.

 

"Um…boss…Ladies first, after all," The worker said coolly and shuffled away to get his boss's lunch.

 

"Keke…Oppa, he's right! Ladies first!" Ji Hyo comments, as she chomped down her juicy and delicious looking burger.

 

"Haha…just joking. How's the burger?" Gary shrugs, as his worker arrives with his Biblimbap and Bulgogi grill.

 

"Umm! Oppa! It's DaeBak!" Ji Hyo exclaims, making a good sign with her left hand.

 

"Jjinja? Gumawo~" Gary says, then shouts to his worker. "Hey! MinWoo! Did you here? Song Ji Hyo here says that she loves the burger!"

 

The worker turns back, taken aback, but recovered almost immediately and shrugs,"I'll inform the chef."

 

"Oppa! Why did you shout?" Ji Hyo gobbles down her last bite of her burger, asking it worriedly.

 

"Why? Can't i shout?" Gary looked puzzled, only to face Ji Hyo's wide eyes and her glances around their vicinity.

 

"Oppa, people might think that i might be here and they will come in here, intruding and create a scandal!" Ji Hyo answers, biting at her lower lip.

 

"But you are here!" Gary says, still oblivious to the dangerous situation.

 

"Haish! Oppa!" Ji Hyo stood up, gulping down the last drop of her Sprite and grabbed Gary's hand.

 

"Eh?" Gary stared at Ji Hyo's thin hands wrapped around his thick buffy one, redness spreading over his cheeks.

 

"Oppa! We have to go before the fans come!" Ji Hyo tightened her grip on Gary's hand and sprinted to the stairs, pulling Gary, still with his chopsticks, behind her.

 

"But i haven't paid yet!" Gary shouts behind Ji Hyo, getting her pace.

 

"Never mind, Oppa! Aren't you the boss?" Ji Hyo says as she stepped on the last flight of stairs  to the ground floor.

 

"Oh yeah!" Gary smiled, still blushing as he felt Ji Hyo's warm hand embraced in his.

*********************************************************************************

"Isn't that the Monday Couple?"

 

"Yeah! Why are they here together?"

 

"See Ji Hyo Unnie's hand around his hand?"

 

"Squeal!"

 

A few passer-bys spotted Ji Hyo and Gary, but they were much too quick for them take pictures. They just zoomed by before they could snap a few pictures to post on Facebook or Twitter to go viral.

 

Gary was suddenly reminded of the past few incidents where Ji Hyo had sped away in lightning speed and chuckled.

 

"Oppa, why are you laughing? And where's your car?" Ji Hyo asked curiously.

 

"Eh? Nothing… Ji Hyo ah~, i think you over shot…my car is at the other side," Gary says.

 

Ji Hyo stopped abruptly and turned to looked at the innocent Hee Gun.

 

"And you didn't tell me?" Ji Hyo shout-whispered.

 

"Well, you just kept dragging me…" Gary kept his answers low scale. He didn't want a fight between he and Ji Hyo…That would be bad, bad, news.

 

"It's okay…So, how about we have tea break now? I know a good dessert store nearby," Ji Hyo was distracted by her tastebuds that led her to her favourite dessert store.

 

"Jjinja? You know a store nearby? Well, you lead then~" Gary's eyes sparkled, hoping that Ji Hyo would take his hands again.

*********************************************************************************

"Oppa, did you bring your sunglasses?" Ji Hyo asked Gary as she wore her Coach sunglasses.

 

"Um…nope," Gary scratched his head, he had totally forgot to bring his sunglasses!

 

"Haish…oppa! Here~wear my cap," Ji Hyo passed over her Googims cap.

 

"Oh…gumawo," Gary put his LeeSsang cap down a bit so that it covers his eyes and put on Ji Hyo's cap, which smells of her Lavender perfume. He smelt it deeply and topped it on his LeeSsang cap.

*********************************************************************************

Ji Hyo had the almond smell in her nostrils, possessing her towards the famous dessert shop which was already in front of her.

 

"Gary oppa! Ppali!" Ji Hyo pushed open the doors, hearing 'cling' sounds of the bell placed on the glass plated door, the workers were immediately notified of new customers.

 

One look from the lady boss and she brought them to the room upstairs and took their orders in lightning speed.

 

"Ji Hyo ah~, you've been here before?" Gary asked Ji Hyo curiously.

 

"I came here as a child with my family. This was my neighbour's shop. She often invites us over for tea," Ji Hyo answers.

 

"Around this area?" Gary asked.

 

"Nope, she lives in Jamsil and i was living at another town, but she was close friends with my mother and when she opened a store there at Jamsil, she often invite us over with her other neighbours," Ji Hyo answers swiftly and grins at her past memories.

 

"Neighbour in Jamsil?" Gary asked and a faint image of a angelic girl that looked like a doll appeared in his mind.

 

"Yeah, her name was Mrs Kim," Ji Hyo murmured, her mind already filled with images of her good memories.

 

"Mrs Kim?!" Gary's eyes widened, his memories stirring.

 

"Hee Gun! Haha… You look funny in big-nose-spectacles!" The girl was putting a pair of specs on his face and he was smiling like a Bapo.


"Happy birthday! You are five, today!"

*********************************************************************************

Hi! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter! This is a start of a new memory^^ Stay tuned for more excitement! 

Hope all MC shippers liked it!><


-SJhdanielle (Song Ji Hyo Doodles)

P.S. Comments, upvotes and subscribes are deeply appreciated~