Chapter 8: Childhood Partners

Reuniting Blues (Monday Couple Fanfiction)

"Haha...Not five(Yosot)! Eight(yogol)!" Gunie Oppa told me when I congratulated him for being five.


Song Ji Hyo always remembered her favorite childhood friend of hers, whom she always call Gunie Oppa or Hee Gun when it was on formal occasions. She was only two when she first met him and when she moved house and did not met after, she was eight.

 

The six years of friendship with him was really enjoyable. She began to like him and constantly stuck with him whenever she was at Mrs Kim, who was Hee Gun's aunt, dessert shop. Hence, she went to her branch store, which was where she and Gary were at now, hoping that her Gunie Oppa would appear someday, and she could reconcile with him, and happily ever after! She loved fairy tales and hope her's will come true.

*********************************************************************************

Kang Gary was shocked.

 

He had been such a dimwit. He had not noticed that this dessert shop was actually his aunt's store! His heart was pounding too loud for him to notice anything except for Ji Hyo and her beautiful hand around his.

 

Could she be one of the friends I've met last time at my aunt's original shop at Jamsil?


Gary thought hurriedly, cold sweat streamed down his cheeks as he thought in an anxious mode, hoping to click on some important memory. He knew that the beautiful, energetic girl of before, who always sticks with him could be a choice, but he can't be that sure.


She can't be Imie, right? Gosh! I don't even remember her real name!

*********************************************************************************

"Here's your desserts! Oh my, Ji Hyo shi~ It's been a long time since you came here!" The lady boss here placed smoking hot and delicious looking Almond paste and Peanut soup down on their table.

 

"Ah, Kudae, ahjumma...I've been busy lately." Ji Hyo sighed as she took a ceramic spoon and laid it into the creamy paste.

 

"Omo! You've gone slimmer too! If you want some more of your favorites, do tell me! You gotta fill that empty stomach of yours," The lady boss chuckled slightly and turned towards Gary.

 

"Oh, gumawo... But I just had lunch," Ji Hyo smiled, gripping tightly on the handle of the spoon as she gulped down the smooth Almond heaven.

 

"And who is this? " The lady asked, raising her eyebrows at Ji Hyo.

 

The lady boss at this branch clearly didn't recognize Gary as she wasn't the real boss of the chain of

stores. Mrs Kim was still tending her store at Jamsil like always and had assigned her confidante here to be the boss, to look after it.

 

"Ah, Anyeonghaseyo! I'm Kang Gary! You might have recognized me as Ji Hyo's Monday Boyfriend on Running Man!" Gary introduced himself and especially highlighted on the words 'Monday' and 'Boyfriend'.

 

"Oh, Jjinja? Mianhe... Ahjumma don't really have the time to watch TV," The lady boss frowned.

 

"Ah, kwenchana! He's my friend," Ji Hyo budges in to assure one of her best conversation partner.

 

" Ah, Geureokuna(Ah...I see (to a younger person)), I shall not disturb you all, enjoy your desserts!" The cool ahjumma strolled off, leaving the two, sitting in an awkward silence.

*********************************************************************************

"Um... So how's your Peanut soup?" Ji Hyo asks nervously to break their cold shoulder.

 

" It's DaeBak! How's yours?" Gary answers and questions to avoid another silence.

 

" Same as ever...The creamy taste, the crunchy almond bites and the smooth paste that soothes my throat...Heavenly!" Ji Hyo exclaims, in her dreamy state ever again.

 

" Haha...Mong Ji Hyo is here~" Gary teases as he brought another scoop of the sweet and tasty broth to his mouth.

 

"I get these moments as I'm thinking..." Ji Hyo suddenly confesses, and she immediately clasped shut.

 

Why did I say that? Ji Hyo thought, her cheeks reddening.

 

"Haha...Jjinja? What are you thinking about then?" Gary snickers, but not obnoxiously.

 

"Um...I was imagining the taste," Ji Hyo answers, heaving in relief as Gary had not noticed her blushing.

 

"No need to imagine! Just scoop it into your mouth!" Gary takes the spoon, which was lying in the hot almond paste, and scooped a spoon of paste up, putting it up in feeding position in front of Ji Hyo's mouth.

 

"Say, ah!" Gary jokes, widening his mouth as an example.

 

"Yah! I don't have to say ah-" Ji Hyo was interrupted as Gary pushed the spoon into , stopping her from speaking.

 

"Mm..." Ji Hyo closes her eyes, indulging the scrumptious dessert they were having together, only the both of them.

*********************************************************************************

Is that counted as a private meal? Ji Hyo thought as she drove her car back home, to her Ulsan house.

 

Nope, it's just a payback meal, right?

 

Ji Hyo turned the turning wheel to the right as she swerved into her private house. A black trailer was parked beside the house gates, and she immediately knew who was her visitor.

*********************************************************************************

"Unnie! Welcome back!" Ji Hyo cried as she hurried to her manager, hugging her tightly.

 

"Sung Im ah! It's good to see you, it's been sometime that I have some free periods to see you, your schedule's packed! And I need to go everywhere to look for your clients and to fix a space for your leisure and filming....ah....I haven't really rest for a few days since last Sunday," Ji Hyo's manager lamented, collapsing down on Ji Hyo's pure white beanbag, her eyes drooping.

 

"Haish...Unnie! You should rest! Ah...there goes my weekend...I'm really busy, aren't i?" Ji Hyo whined, also lying on the yellow beanbag next to the white one.

 

"Ah...Sung Im! Not to worry! You still have a Saturday for you this week! And I'm sorry that I couldn't fix a Sunday... It's for Yesse," Her manager told her, making Ji Hyo sigh in distress.

 

"Unnie, so tomorrow is my free day, right? Can I go somewhere?" Ji Hyo leaned to her manager expectantly.

 

"Yeah, but where do you what to go?" Ji Hyo's manager asked, her eyes blinking in curiosity.

 

"Kim's Dessert House, at Jamsil!" Ji Hyo answers excitedly, almost jumping in enthusiam.

 

"Why there? You can rest for a day you know..." Ji Hyo's manager questions her, pining her long fringe behind to form Ji Hyo's signature look.

 

" I just thought about a happy memory today...since I had the time, I want to revisit my past."

************************************************************************************************************

Hi! Hope you all enjoyed this~ Trying to update as fast as i can as im gonna be very busy next week! Stay tuned for chapter 9!

-Sjhdanielle (Song Ji Hyo Doodles)

P.S. comments, upvotes and subscribes are most appreciated