Ch. 8

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant
Chanyeol came back to work and glanced at his watch. It was almost 3 yet there was no sign of Baekhyun. Chanyeol gritted his teeth. He doesn't know whether to be angry at the elder or stay calm. His heart, though, tells him to keep calm beause hearts knows the best. 
 
Coming home in the evening, he's expecting to see Baekhyun in the living room, watching his favorite cartoon Scoobydoo while sitting with his knees to his chest. He let out a sigh when what he expected didn't happen. 
 
Few minutes went on when his phone rand along with the shrill of vibration and he fished out the device out of his pocket to an unknown number. "Hello?" 
 
"Hello. May I speak to Park Chanyeol?" 
 
"This is Park Chanyeol speaking. May I know who is this?" 
 
"Hello. This is Doctor Lee from Dong-A University Medical Centre. Are you the husband of Byun Baekhyun?"
 
Chanyeol froze. D-Doctor? 
 
"Y-yes. I am. May I know what happened?" 
 
"I'm sorry to inform you late Mr. Park but Mr. Byun was hit by a car. He's currently at the hospital, resting yet still unconcious. His right leg is broken so we're asking for your permission to undergo a surgery so th--"
 
"Just do whatever it takes doctor. Please. Just do it. Save my husband. I beg you, please." 
 
Woah. Woah. Woah. This isn't Chanyeol. Chanyeol never begs. People beg to him but he never begs. This is the first time in his life, begging for something or more even, someone. 
 
After the call ended, Chanyeol rushed to take a shower before slipping on a wife beater along with a jacket and a pair of black jeans. Picking up his phone, wallet and car keys, he rushed out of the house and drove to the hospital not forgetting to bring a few pairs of Baekhyun's clothes. 
 
-
 
As soon as he arrived at the hospital, he went straight to the information counter, asking regarding to patients who were in an accident several hours ago which the nurse pointed out as the 5th floor. Without second thoughs, the tall man ran into the elevator and pressed 5th floor. 
 
Tapping his foot impatiently, he tried to think of something else. Like apple pie or lasagna, or even Cookies'n'Creams or maybe... Wait. Hold on a minute there. Those are all Baekhyun's favorite food. He shut his eyes, trying to calm his thoughts. 
 
When he arrived at the 5th floor, he dashed out of the elevator and went to the counter, "Which room is Byun Baekhyun in?" 
 
The nurse looked up at him, "Mr. Byun is still under surgery. He's still in the operation room at the end of the hall." 
 
Nodding and thanking the nurse, Chanyeol ran towards the mentioned hallway when he spotted Kyungsoo sitting on one of the seats with his face in his hands and Jongin rubbing his back while whispering words of comfort to calm him down. And then there was Joonmyun. 
 
Walking over to them, Kyungsoo seems like he noticed Chanyeol so he looked up before standing up and glaring at the tall man. 
 
"You! What are you doing here?! What do you want?!" Kyungsoo yelled, tears streaming down from his round eyes. 
 
"How could you even dare to show that pathetic face of yous after what you've done?! Are you happy now? Happy enough?!" The round eyed man asked, face as red as he couldn't control his anger. 
 
Jongin gently tugged Kyungsoo's arms, pulling him back to his seat, trying to calm his boyfriend while Joonmyun was on the phone at the end of the hall. Of course, Joonmyun was always discreet when it comes to phone calls, especially the ones which were really private. 
 
Joonmyun yet failed to be discreet when Chanyeol, Jongin and Kyungsoo heard him muttering some words slong with lines of 'I'll be home soon' and 'love you too.' 
 
Walking back towards them, Jongin looked up, "Yixing?" 
 
"Yeah." 
 
-
 
4 hours gone by. It's 11pm. They sat patiently, waiting for Baekhyun to be done with the surgery. After what looks like a century, the nurse, clad in white, came out with a smile on her face and speaking out the words Chanyeol had been waiting to hear. 
 
"Mr. Byun is alright. His leg is fine, but for now, he maybe has to go to physical therapies. May I speak to anyone related?" 
 
Chanyeol was expecting Joonmyun to go, but looking over at Joonmyun, he was staring at Chanyeol before muttering a silent, 'go'. The tall man shifted his gaze towards Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo knows exactly what he wanted, nodded. Chanyeol stood up to the nurse. 
 
"I'm his husband." 
 
-
 
"Chanyeol, wanna go get some supper?" Joonmyun invited, Jongin and Kyungsoo were looking at him. 
 
"Maybe not. You guys can go. I'll look after Baekhyun. Incase he wakes up." 
 
The statement made Kyungsoo smile because he knew, Chanyeol cared. Though it was a forced wedding, the fact that Chanyeol cares was really nice. 
 
Leaving the room with a simple, 'we'll be back in a few. call us if anything goes wrong.', the three male left Chanyeol to take care of Baekhyun. 
 
Chanyeol then sat by the side of the bed, looking at Baekhyun and his features. He gently brushed Baekhyun's bangs to the side and examined the elder's features. 
 
So ing gorgeous. 
 
"Take care next time will you? You almost got me a heart attack." Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun's ears, as if he heard. A tear rolled down the younger's cheeks. 
 
He took hold of Baekhyun's hand and kissed it gently.
 
-
 
"Chanyeol-ah." 
 
Poke. 
 
"Chanyeol-ah."
 
Another poke.
 
"Chanyeol." 
 
Poke. 
 
Chanyeol opened his eyes and saw Baekhyun staring at him with wide eyes. 
 
Wait. Baekhyun's staring. 
 
Quickly letting go of Baekhyun's hands, he stood up, "How long have you been awake?" 
 
"About 5 minutes.." 
 
Chanyeol realize he fell asleep while holding Baekhyun's hand and when he glanced to the chairs in the room, Kyungsoo was sleeping on Jongin's shoulder and maybe, Joonmyun went home.
 
"You're eyes are swollen, Yeollie~" 
 
Chanyeol gasped at the nickname. "What the heck. That nickname is so ugly." 
 
"Were you worried about me?" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side. He looked like a puppy. Oh god, Chanyeol thinks he could just die now.
 
"Me? Worried? No. Why should I?" Chanyeol replied. 
 
"Oh. I thought yo--" 
 
"Stop dreaming." Chanyeol again replied coldly. 
 
Baekhyun pouted, "Sorry." 
 
Chanyeol feel like he wants to hit himself. Why is he so arrogant god damn it Park Chanyeol. 
 

Should I stop here?

/gets thrown by bricks and boulders.

Okay. okay. calm down. geez. 


When the doctor announced that Baekhyun could go home, Chanyeol was happy. Baekhyun was happy too. Yet they didn't show it. Chanyeol paid for the hospital bills.

On the way to the car, Chanyeol carried all of Baekhyun's belongings and place it in the back seat. Baekhyun was limping, he had a stick to support his body weight. Chanyeol then lifted Baekhyun up bridal style and Kyungsoo helped to keep the stick at the back seat. After putting the safety belt on Baekhyun, Chanyeol smiled towards Jongin and Kyungsoo. "Come over to the house sometimes. Baekhyun's lonely, you know." 

"We will!" Kyungsoo smiled. 

After Chanyeol drove away, Kyungsoo looked at Jongin. "Don't you think they're both inlove with each other?" 

"I can see that Chanyeol is in love with Baekhyun. The way he cares so much." 

"Maybe he's like you when we first dated." Kyungsoo teased.

Jongin chuckled, "Was I even that arrogant?" 

"Mmhm." 

Jongin leans down and presses a soft kiss onto Kyungsoo's lips. "I'm not now." 

-

"Chanyeol, you don't have to do this. I can walk, really." 

"Don't use that on me. You can't even feel the ground." 

Baekhyun sigh. He let Chanyeol lifted him to his bedro-- wait, this is Chanyeol's bedroom. "Chanyeol!" 

"What is it now?" Chanyeol groaned. 

"Why am I in your room? My room's at the other end." 

"I don't want to run around the house and to your room just because you need something. So you're staying in my room." 

Excuses that Park Chanyeol makes. Sigh.

"Alright." 

Baekhyun then lay down on Chanyeol's bed and after a while, he fell asleep. Chanyeol was about to ask Baekhyun what he wanted to eat when he saw his husband sleeping. Walking over to the bed, he caressed Baekhyun's hair. "You're so lovely." 

Baekhyun then shifted a little causing Chanyeol to panic. But then the elder made some cute noises. Some what, it sounded like puppy noises. Chanyeol awed at the sight. Placing a kiss on Baekhyun's forehead, he left the room. 

-

It was almost 7pm when Baekhyun woke up. He rubbed his eyes and looked to his side to find Chanyeol asleep beside him. Baekhyun smiled and traced a finger over Chanyeol's jawline to his lips and his eyes. 

My husband's so handsome, Baekhyun thought. 

Reaching out for his stick, Baekhyun stood up gently and left the room for the kitchen. Even though his leg is like that, it won't stop him from cooking. He then started chopping the garlic and onions when he heard someone yelling his name over and over with a worried tone. 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun?! Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun let out a soft, 'here' and he saw Chanyeol's head at the kitchen door. Chanyeol had tears in his eyes and ran forward, engulfing Baekhyun in a hug. "I thought you left. I was so worried." 

Baekhyun gasped, "What?" 

Chanyeol's real personality resurfaced and he pulled away. "I mean, wake me up if you want to go down next time. What if anything bad happens? Who'll be responsible? You're parents would put the blame on me, you know!" and he went out of the kitchen. 

Baekhyun could feel his heart beat going faster. Even though Chanyeol's personality resurfaced, the first statement was stuck in his mind. 

'I was so worried.' 

Chanyeol was worried about him. 

The arrogant Park Chanyeol was worried about him. 


 

Okay. That's as long as I could go. 

I rewrote this 6 times. 

I did this the first time and then my cousin suddenly crossed the page. I did this the second time and I accidentally refreshed the page. I did this the third time yet the electricity went out. I did this the fourth time and my mum called me to dinner and I left the computer on so when I came back, my cousin was playing Counter Strike and he crossed the page. I did this the fifth time and the internet disconnected. So this is the sixth time. 

To me, this isn't that long. I'm just tired retyping over and over again so I'm sorry! 

I gained 11 subscribers, 3 upvotes and 10 comments from the previous chapter so thank you. I love you all. 

So yeah. Promote, subscriber, comment, upvote! 

More subscriber/commenters/upvoters, faster updates or multiple updates! 

See you all tomorrow! 

 

Sincerely, 

Authornim x