Ch. 22

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant
"Baekhyun, what's wrong?" 
 
"Soojung... she got Chanyeol." 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widen, it's not like it can be any bigger. "What do you mean she got Chanyeol? You mean as in date? Is that why Chany-"
 
"She kidnapped Chanyeol. I don't know how, but for sure, she didn't do it alone. I'm positive there's someone else behind this." Baekhyun bit his lips worriedly. 
 
"Oh god, this is bad. This is really bad. This is bad." Kyungsoo started to panic and quickly dialled Jongin's number. 
 
"Yeah baby?" 
 
"Chanyeol was kidnapped!" 
 
"What?!" Baekhyun heard Jongin on the other line. 
 
Baekhyun bit his lower lips harder he swear it's gonna bleed. Minseok was still processing everything before blinking his eyes rapidly. "What are we gonna do now?" 
 
The in-between aged shrugged and muttered, "Maybe Chanyeol's playing a prank on me just so I'll come home. I won't fall for it, I swear." 
 
Kyungsoo looked really worried, "What if it's not a prank?" 
 
"Trust me, Kyungsoo. It is." Baekhyun confidently stated but deep down inside, he was worrying as well.
 
 
 
-
 
 
 
Baekhyun woke up on a Thursday and he went out of the bedroom to see a Minseok cleaning the house. Minseok saw Baekhyun and smiled while Baekhyun gave him a questioning look. 
 
"Jongdae's coming back today." 
 
That means, it's been a week since he stayed over at Minseok and Jongdae's. That's quite long. And it also means, it's been 6 days after that kidnap thing about Chanyeol. 
 
Kyungsoo does drop by everyday just to check on Baekhyun, if he's doing fine or not. Also, Jongin's busy with a dance competition so Kyungsoo gets lonely somehow. 
 
Baekhyun went to the bathroom for a quick shower before coming out with a pair of dark jeans and white tee. (which actually belonged to Chanyeol(hey, Baekhyun does miss Chanyeol okay.)) 
 
"Baek, there's fried rice in the kitchen if you're hungry." Minseok gave him a warm smile and Baekhyun smiled back before heading to the kitchen to get his breakfast. 
 
As he was stuffing some fried rice into his mouth, he's phone vibrated and he tapped four numbers to unlock the device before reading the message, 
 
'Baekhyun. Chanyeol's dying, I tell you.' 
 
What? Who was this? Was it Soojung? He texted back, 
 
'Who are you?'
 
Within a minute, a reply came and it got Baekhyun startled, 
 
'Why don't you come over and save your prince charming to see who I am.' 
 
Baekhyun sigh, why is this happening to him? He was about to slip the device back into his pocket when it vibrated again.
 
Looking at the phone, he saw a picture of Chanyeol. His face was bruised, blood on the corner of his lips and it was staining his shirt as both his hands were tied together. 
 
There was broken chair everywhere and Baekhyun finally knew, this wasn't a prank. This is real. Whoever Soojung hired to kidnap Chanyeol must've been really good. 
 
Along with the picture, came the text, 
 
'Isn't your husband handsome like this?' 
 
Baekhyun furiously typed back, 
 
'Hands off my husband. What do you want? I'll grant your wish just please don't hurt my husband.' 
 
He waited, and waited for atleast 5 minutes, and there was no reply. Minseok, who noticed Baekhyun's worried expression walked over and asked, "What's wrong?" 
 
Baekhyun didn't answer, Minseok saw the picture of Chanyeol on Baekhyun's phone before his eyes widening round, "What is this?!" 
 
"The kidnap thing... It was real." 
 
Minseok's broom dropped to the ground and Baekhyun placed his head down on the table, "Minseok, this is bad. I don't want Chanyeol to get hurt."
 
The elder of the two was about to respond when the phone vibrated again, 
 
'If you want to save your husband, come to the old warehouse behind COEX at 4pm. Alone. Or else, your husband dies.' 
 
Baekhyun's finger started to tremble, "Minseok hyung, I can't do this alone."
 
Minseok nodded, "We need backup, you know?" 
 
Baekhyun typed a simple, 'Okay.' before sending the message and placing it down on the counter. 
 
"Anyone to ring for help?" Minseok mentioned. 
 
"Maybe Kyungsoo and Jongin could help but just the two of them won't do. Uhm, wait, Sehun's in town!" 
 
"Who's...?"
 
"Oh, he's an old friend. Sehun and his chinese fiancee, Luhan. I bet they can help somehow."
 
"Ring them then." 
 
 
-
 
 
"Joonmyun hyung, Yixing's cousin is a police officer, right?" 
 
"Yes Baekhyun, why?" 
 
"Can I meet you? I have a big problem now." 
 
 
-
 
 
Chanyeol was struggling. The bruises on his face were painful really, and he really can't do anything when both his hands and legs are tied together. 
 
Soojung came in the warehouse, "Hey baby~ You must've been hungry hm? It's been 6 days since you've eaten. Let me feed you alright?" 
 
The female pulled out a container of noodles and when she tried to feed Chanyeol, Chanyeol shoved her away with his legs. It's hard because it's tied but he did manage to do it. 
 
"Why are you so ing stubborn huh? What's so great about Baekhyun huh? He can't even give you a child." Soojung spat. 
 
"As if I want a baby with a like you!" Chanyeol snapped. 
 
A fist landed on his face again and Chanyeol closed his eyes to ease the pain. "Call my girlfriend a again, and I'll make sure you die before your husband even arrives." The male groaned. 
 
"Wufan, it's okay. He's a wimp anyways." Soojung tiptoed and Wufan pressed his lips onto Soojung's passionately. 
 
Wufan and Soojung left the warehouse. Chanyeol stayed with a few of Wufan's fighters to guard him. 
 
 
-
 
 
Jongin. Kyungsoo. Luhan. Sehun. Minseok. Joonmyun. Yixing. Zitao. 
 
Don't wonder why Zitao's there. He's a really close friend to Yixing. True, Zitao stole Wufan away from Baekhyun but Baekhyun doesn't care now and Zitao told Baekhyun that Wufan found someone new and Zitao himself is dating someone new too.
 
So they invited Zitao's korean boyfriend, Donghae, to join the team. 
 
"Hey everyone!" Jongdae came into the apartment and Minseok ran towards him, hugging as if there was no tomorrow. 
 
"I missed you so much!" Minseok stated, "I miss you more, Mandoo." Jongdae kissed Minseok's forehead and stared at everyone, "What's happening?" 
 
The rest shifted their gaze towards Baekhyun and Jongdae looked at Baekhyun, waiting for an explanation. 
 
"Chanyeol... he... got kidnapped." 
 
Jongdae's eyes widened. "What?! When?!" 
 
"Days ago." Kyungsoo replied. 
 
"So while I was away in China taking care of Chanyeol and Baekhyun's divorcement papers and wedding reception bookings, he got kidnapped and no one even bothered calling to inform me?" 
 
Baekhyun's eyes widened, "Wait, what wedding reception?" 
 
"Didn't you know? Chanyeol was gonna ask you for a divorce because he doesn't like the fact that both of you got married because of the media and shizzles so he wanted a divorce and propose to you again for a proper wedding and love life."
 
Baekhyun's tears were very uncontrollable right now. 
 
"Wait, let me guess, you overheard him that night with Tiff, didn't you?" 
 
Baekhyun nodded. 
 
"See! That's what eavesdroppers get when they don't eavesdrop till the end. Gosh Byunbaek." 
 
"We can ring Tiff and her husband?" Minseok suggested as an addition to the backup plan. 
 
"I heard Siwon is really great in martial arts." Zitao stated. 
 
Everyone agreed to call Tiffany.
 
 
-
 
 
3:17pm.
 
They moved from Minseok's resident to the warehouse behind COEX. Luhan looked as if he was about to chew his fingers off but Sehun manage to hold Luhan's hand in time. 
 
3:29pm.
 
They arrive at the old warehouse right behind COEX. Zitao notice Wufan's car and he gasped, "T-that's Wufan's car." 
 
Everyone blinked, that mean Wufan is behind this too. 
 
3:34pm.
 
They started to make their move. Jongin, Kyungsoo, Minseok and Jongdae went to the back of the warehouse to look for door. 
 
Joonmyun, Donghae and Yixing along with 3 other cops were hiding at the end of the street inside Yixing's car. 
 
Zitao, Sehun and Siwon decided to stand nearby a bus stop, getting ready to barge in anytime they hear the signal. 
 
Tiffany and Luhan were behind the bushes right infront of the warehouse. They were somehow the signal person (I don't know what's it called) and then Baekhyun. 
 
3:51pm. 
 
Baekhyun was taking a deep breath, calming himself and praying over hundred times in his head for Chanyeol to be fine.  
 
3:59pm.
 
Baekhyun stepped in the warehouse. 
 
 

 

Gosh I find this chapter so funny, idk why.

So yeah. Here's another update. 

It's 4:53AM here now, and I can't sleep. Ugh

I'll update tomorrow, I hope. I'll try. 

 

goodmornight everyone! x

authornim