Ch. 10

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant

Chanyeol got up to his office and didn't find Baekhyun anywhere. He looked over to Tiffany, "Where's Baekhyun?" and Tiffany replied by shaking her head, indicates that she doesn't know. "Did you see Minseok or Jongdae?" and again, Tiffany shook her head. Chanyeol began to get worried and pulled out his phone, dialling Baekhyun's number yet he heard the familiar ringtone not far away from where he is. 

"Baekhyun forgot his phone again." He sighed. Tiffany looked over at him. "Maybe he's down at the cafeteria." 

That's all it took and Chanyeol was dashing to the cafeteria. He saw Minseok and Jongdae. And he saw Baekhyun with his face buried inside both his hands as his shoulder shook viciously. Jongdae was patting his back, trying to calm him down. Chanyeol walked over and Minseok looked up, eyeing him from head to toe. "What do you want now?" 

Baekhyun looked up and when his swollen, puffy eyes met Chanyeol's, he stood up and went away. Once again, Chanyeol lost him. 

-

Coming home in the evening, he thought of Baekhyun and how he could use some food for dinner so he went to a nearby chinese restaurant to order some take aways. 

While waiting for the food at the restaurant, he sat patiently, thinking of what is he doing. Wondering why does he feels jealous when Baekhyun was with Joonmyun. Wondering why he ends up dreaming about Baekhyun every night. Wondering why he always smiles whenever he thinks of Baekhyun. Wondering why is he so worried whenever Baekhyun is no where in his sight. It's been a 36 days since they met.

He realized that he was scared of falling in love with Baekhyun. And finally Chanyeol understands to all his wonders.

He confirms himself that he's inlove with Baekhyun. And he's gonna tell him that tonight. 

After the take aways are in his hand, he drove back home and set the food at the kitchen counter. When he went to Baekhyun's bedroom, the elder was not there. What shocked him the most, even his bags weren't there. All his clothes were fold neatly and placed into the cupboard. Chanyeol scanned the room, it was neat. And tidy. 

He shifted his gaze to the bed and saw an envelope on the bedside table. Walking over to take it, he opened it and started reading Baekhyun's neat writing.

Hi Chanyeollie! It's Baekhyun. Listen now, uhm, I saw you and Soojung today. And, I thought, maybe, you guys looked good together. So I'm just gonna go and give you some space with her. Plus, we're just acting, right? Chanyeol-ah. Listen to me. I don't know if you'll come looking for me, but please don't. I don't think I can handle this heart ache anymore. That's right. I like you Chanyeol-ah. No. I love you. At first, I thought maybe we share the same feelings. But looking over at it now, maybe it's just me. I want you to be happy with someone whom you sincerely love. I really love you, Chanyeol yet I know you don't feel the same way. Even though it's like that, I honestly never regretted meeting you. Meeting you was like, finding my happily ever after. I just love your smile and your voice and how you get worried but in the end, act as if you don't. I just simply love you that I don't mind getting hurt just to see you happy. Anyways, I hope we can be fine if we meet each other in the future. I love you, husband :') Baekhyun loves Chanyeol. I love you, Mr. Arrogant. I always will. xx

Tears were streaming down his eyes. He folded the letter and shoved it in his pocket before dashing out and driving off to Kyungsoo's place. Maybe Baekhyun's there. Just maybe. 

-

Ringing the doorbell twice, Jongin's head popped between the space of the door and the wall. "Oh, Chanyeol. Come in. Kyungsoo's in the bedroom." 

Chanyeol went into the house and Kyungsoo came out, greeting him with a smile. "What brings you here, Chanyeol?" 

"Where is he?" 

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Who?"

"Baekhyun. Where's Baekhyun? Where's my husband?" 

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo before shifting his feets into the kitchen, leaving Kyungsoo with Chanyeol in the living room. 

"Chanyeol.." 

"Kyungsoo please. I know you know where he is. Tell me please." 

"Why do you want to know?" 

Chanyeol felt tears puddle in his eyes, "Because I was an idiot. I'm stupid for not realizing it earlier, Kyungsoo." 

When he thought Kyungsoo had something to say, he stopped but Kyungsoo gestured him to go on.

"I should've realized it earlier. I should've known he was the one. I was too arrogant, Kyungsoo. If only I realized it earlier, if I know these things would happen, I would've told him that I love him and I'll neve--"

"He saw you kissing some girl." 

"Was he.. jealous?" 

Kyungsoo nodded. "He almost killed himself, you know?"

Chanyeol wanted to grab a knife and stab himself until he was unconcious or not breathing. Second option was worth it. Baekhyun was worth to die for. "I'll never hurt him again if you could just tell me where he is." 

Kyungsoo bit his lips, eyes getting watery. It was a sign that Chanyeol needs to listen carefully because he was going to tell him something that would cause destruction of the earth or explosions of the planets or more even, Chanyeol's heart. 

"Baekhyun left, Chanyeol. He left for America 6 hours ago." 


 

HAPPY CHANBAEK DAY! {The 27th of October

Sorry I'm late.

My mum stole the computer just now just so she could watch The Heirs. 

Here's another update. If you cried, I'm glad. That's what I wanted to do. 

More than 5 subscribers and comments, I'll double update tomorrow.

Upvote juseyo! If I gain a lot of upvoters, I'll triple update. 

Thanks to the new subscribers for reading.

Thanks to the old subscribers for waiting. 

Thanks to all the commenters for commenting. 

And silent commenters, comment more, will you? :) 

See you all tomorrow! 

Good night. 

 

sincerely, 

authornim x