Ch. 17

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant

Jungsoo's, Chanyeol's cousin, birthday party hits the night. Chanyeol had invited Baekhyun and scared of being left out or feeling awkward, Baekhyun bravely asked if he could bring Jongin and Kyungsoo too which Chanyeol said yes to. 

The pair arrived home from work around 6pm when the party is starting at 7:30pm. Chanyeol insisted Baekhyun to shower with him since they're in lack of time and Baekhyun was shy, but Chanyeol took non of it and pulled Baekhyun into the showers. 

Chanyeol put on a pair of white tanktop, threw a black jacket over it and plain dark blue jeans as he waited for Baekhyun to get dressed. 

Few minutes passed and Baekhyun came out with black skinnies and simple blue shirt. Chanyeol was right. Those black skinnies are sinful, curving around Baekhyun's thighs and Chanyeol just wanted to call Jungsoo, tell him that they're busy for the night and just ravish the elder right there and then. 

But no. This was Jungsoo, his cousin and his bestfriend. 

"Yeollie?" Baekhyun called out, "Are you okay?" 

Chanyeol snapped out of dream land and stood up, "You ready now? Let's go." 

In the car, Baekhyun kept playing with his phone, texting Kyungsoo asking regarding to where they are. Chanyeol's eyes glanced at Baekhyun, how the elder's lips twitched upwards and how beautiful he looks like from the side profile. 

Baekhyun looked up when he felt Chanyeol staring. "Why do you keep doing that?" 

Chanyeol's gaze turned back towards the road, "You're just beautiful. That's all." 

Baekhyun chuckled, leaning over and kissing Chanyeol's cheeks. 

As soon as they arrived at the venue, Jongin and Kyungsoo were already by the bar, drinking some liquor and Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun over to Jungsoo, "My husband." and Jungsoo smiled, hands stretching out to shake. Baekhyun smiled and shaked back. 

A few more chit chats and Baekhyun started scanning the whole room. He saw a few people he knew. There was Jongdae, Minseok, Tiffany, Siwon, Soojung, Jinri, Wufan, Jongin, Kyungsoo, Yi--

Wait.

Wait a minute.

Wufan?

As in, Wu Yifan? 

Baekhyun's eyes widen as he gripped Chanyeol's jacket. "What is it?" Chanyeol questioned and Baekhyun looked up at his husband, "I-I...." 

Chanyeol caressed his cheeks,  "Why don't you go over to Jongin and Kyungsoo, have a little chitchat?" gently pushing Baekhyun over to the pair. 

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid, useless Park Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun sat in between Kyungsoo and Minseok, (don't question how Jongdae, Minseok, Jongin and Kyungsoo knew each other. They became friends that night.) and placed his hands to cover his face. 

"Baekhyun! What are you doing?" Kyungsoo shrieked aloud along with the name and Baekhyun swear, by the space between his fingers, he saw Wufan looking over to them. 

Oh . Wufan didn't see him, did he? He didn't. He wouldn't. He--

"Baekhyun?" 

Damn that voice. Oh god that voice.

"Wufan....?" Jongin spoke, "What are you doing here?" 

"I'm here because I was invited?" 

Baekhyun kept looking down. Stupid ex-boyfriend. Why are you here ugh. 

"Baekhyun?" Wufan placed his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun's breath hitched. He slowly looked up, "Y-yes..?" 

Wufan smiled, "Hi." 

"Hi." 

The four male, (or monkey's, Baekhyun labled.) had left Baekhyun with Wufan. 

"What's wrong Baekhyun?" The taller male placed a hand on top of Baekhyun which Baekhyun quickly pulled away. "What do you want, Wufan?" 

Wufan sighed, "I want yo--" 

"Yifan gege, I'm gonna follow Yixing out to the pool for a while okay?" A male, Zitao, came and left just like that. 

Zitao. The guy Wufan cheated on him with. 

"So, you're still with Zitao..." Baekhyun bit his lips. 

"Baek, it's not like that." Wufan took hold of Baekhyun's hands and when Baekhyun tried to pull away, Wufan almost fall off his position and to the floor. 

"You cheated on me, Wufan. We were done. What do you want now?" Baekhyun spat. 

"I want you back, Baekhyun. I was stupid. I was immature. If you could only give me one more chance, I promise I would--" 

"You would what? Cheat on me again? Wufan please, I'm married. I have a life now. You could just go crawl back under the stone that once made you cheat." 

Wufan gripped Baekhyun's wrist, "Let go! It hurts, Wufan!" Baekhyun tried to wriggle himself off the other's grip. 

When he felt Wufan's lips atop his, he wanted to push away, but Wufan was too strong. He punched Wufan off, but still, Wufan was too strong. 

Soojung saw the scene and went over to Chanyeol, hooking an arm around Chanyeol's. "You let your husband go like that, and now he's making out with another guy. Isn't that adorable?" 

Chanyeol whipped his head to Baekhyun and Wufan's direction and felt his heart shatter. If he said Baekhyun was making out, it was wrong. He knew Baekhyun was struggling to get off by the way his face looks and his hands were trying to push Wufan off. 

He quickly pushed Soojung off, causing the female to tumble on the ground and barged through the crowd, pushing Wufan off and down to the floor. Baekhyun blinked and Chanyeol threw a fist on Wufan's face.

"What the are you trying to do with my husband?!" Another punch.

Wufan pushed Chanyeol off and now Chanyeol was on the ground, fist landed on his face. "Your husband? He's my first love, face!" Wufan yelled. 

Chanyeol was about to protest when Zitao came running in and pulled Wufan off Chanyeol. "I'm sorry." He bowed before dragging Wufan off and Baekhyun quickly kneeled to the ground and wiped the blood off the corner of Chanyeol's lips. 

Chanyeol stood up, and pulled Baekhyun up with him, "Wait outside. We're going home. I'm gonna go to the toilet for a while, alright?" Baekhyun nodded and asked Jongin to go with him. 

Going outside, he was mesmerized by how the pool looks like. It was huge and it looks deep. He wish he could swim, but he couldn't. Because he was scared. 

He turned around and saw Soojung along with Jinri. "So, hello, Chanyeol's husband." Jinri greeted, the look of her eyes were dangerous. 

Baekhyun stared back. "So you're the huh." Another one, Victoria, added. 

"I'm not." Baekhyun spoke back causing the three ladies to chuckle. "The speaks back. Isn't that lovely." Victoria smirked. 

"What do you want Soojung?" 

Soojung made a disgusted face before speaking, "People like you are not suppose to mention my name. It makes my name ugly." Baekhyun kept quiet. It hurts to be called ugly so he kept remembering the way Chanyeol would call him beautiful.

"Soojung." Baekhyun said again. 

"Oh god. I feel ugly already." Soojung pretended to fan herself with her hands. 

"It's because you are." Baekhyun bravely stated and everything happened very quickly.

One moment, Soojung's face was on and the next thing Baekhyun could recall was she pushed him off the edge of the pool and send him tumbling into the pool. 

There was a loud scream, followed by splashing and then there's Baekhyun, flailing around in the water. This is bad. Where's Chanyeol. 

When Jongin appeared, he shrieked, "Chanyeol! HURRY UP! Baekhyun's in the pool!" 

Chanyeol realized Baekhyun was panicking badly and without a second thought, he dives in the pool to save his husband. He wraps his hands around Baekhyun's waist before pulling him back up to the edge with the help of Kyungsoo and Minseok. 

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol yelled and leaned forward, pressing his lips against his husband's and pulling away, trying to do the CPR he learnt in high school. 

Jongin was yelling some words like, 'how did this happen' and 'who's responsible for this' when they heard Soojung at the back. 

"He jumped off himself!" Soojung yelled back. 

Baekhyun coughed out an amount of water and Chanyeol was holding him to his chest before whispering stuffs to calm the elder down. "It's okay. It's me. It's Yeollie." Chanyeol pressed his nose to Baekhyun's jawline and kept whispering the same thing. 

Baekhyun was crying. Memories were flooding. On how his younger brother died because he drowned. He was scared. And Chanyeol stood up, Jungsoo wrapped Baekhyun in a towel and Chanyeol decided to bring him to the hospital.

In the car, Chanyeol didn't turn on the aircond because obviously, Baekhyun was shivering. 

Baekhyun's eyes opened and he looked over to Chanyeol, "Where are we going?" 

"Hospital." 

"Yeol." 

Chanyeol looked at him, and he melted at the sight of Baekhyun looking like a small puppy who was out in the rain.

"Let's just go home, Yeol.." Baekhyun mumbled. 

"But--"

'"I'm okay. I promise. Let's go home..." 

Chanyeol sigh and turned back to the direction of their house. 

-

Lifting Baekhyun up, he took Baekhyun to the bedroom, got him out of his clothes and into dry pyjamas. Baekhyun was tucked in bed, Chanyeol sat beside him and using his finger, he brushed off the hair on Baekhyun's forehead. 

He remembered what Soojung said. 

'He jumped off himself!' 

It's impossible. Baekhyun would never do such thing. He had a feeling Soojung did it, but he wasn't sure. Deciding to ask Baekhyun in the morning, he quickly changed his wet clothes and into pyjama pants without shirt, he dove under the blanket and pulled Baekhyun into an embrace.

Baekhyun quickly snuggled closer for heat and warmth.

Chanyeol kissed the elder's forehead.


Well?

Okay. This is somehow long.

Next chapter will be out today too! I'm just so excited in updating today. 

Btw, I'm asking for your opinion....

Please oh pleaseeeee, just help me out. 

PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS HERE 

 

 

see you guys sooner or tonight. 

xoxo,

authornim!