Ch. 20

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant
Baekhyun didn't know what to do. Baekhyun was really startled from what he heard. Chanyeol wanted a divorce and Baekhyun was hurt by that. 
 
Did Chanyeol have someone else? Did Chanyeol not love him anymore? Did Chanyeol cheated on him? Hundreds of questions rush through his mind and he decided to just, I don't know, go? 
 
He took his backpack, stuffed some clothes and phone along with his wallet before slowly walking out of the room, creeping to the kitchen so Jongin and Kyungsoo won't see him.
 
Baekhyun opened the back door and closed it, taking a glance at his home one more time before going out to the streets through the back gate. 
 
Not knowing where to go, he fished out his phone, dialled Minseok's number. 
 
"Hello?" 
 
"Minseok?" Baekhyun asked. 
 
"Yeah? Oh if you're looking for Jongdae, his in Chine now. Your husband sent him there to do some favors."
 
Favors? Like what, get the divorcement papers ready? Baekhyun's fingers starts to tremble. 
 
"Can I come over?" Baekhyun murmured and Minseok could tell the difference in his voice, "Sure." 
 
-
 
"I'm home?" Chanyeol called out as he entered the house only to see Jongin and Kyungsoo furiously making out on the couch. He let out an awkward cough and Kyungsoo jumped off Jongin's lap.
 
"Chanyeol, hey." Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly. 
 
Chanyeol chuckled, "I've seen you two like this a lot, no need to worry about it." He scanned the living room and to the kitchen, "Where's Baekhyun?" 
 
Kyungsoo stared up at him and shrugged, "I don't really know." 
 
Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. Where was Baekhyun?
 
He ran to their bedroom before noticing Baekhyun's bag wasn't there. A few pair of Baekhyun's clothings were also gone and Baekhyun's Vans were also missing. 
 
He looked around the room before noticing a small paper by the nightstand that says a small, "I'll always love you, Yeollie." 
 
Chanyeol was shock. What did he do? 
 
He took out his phone, dialled his husband's number before pressing the phone to the shell of his ears.
 
Three beeps, followed by a woman's voice that simply says, 'The number you have dialled is out of reach.' made Chanyeol's heart pang yet he tried again.
 
After the umpteenth time trying, Chanyeol almost gave up, almost throwing the phone on the cold wooden ground yet there was a knock on the door. 
 
He quickly opened, hoping for his husband to be there with the big angelic smile of his. But sadly, some reality is cruel because it was Kyungsoo.
 
"Chanyeol, we're going back. There's food in the kitchen. See you soon." 
 
Chanyeol let them leave and the house feels so empty. He went to kitchen and saw some food on the table. He sat on the chair before picking up the spoon and tasting the kimchi soup himself.
 
It's Baekhyun's cooking. But hell, where is Baekhyun? 
 
-
 
Knock knock.
 
Minseok ran to the door and quickly opened it to find a Baekhyun with swollen, red puffy eyes. 
 
Baekhyun walked in with his bag and sat down on the couch, Minseok following after closing the door. The elder sat beside Baekhyun and pat his back, trying to show some comfort. 
 
"What happened?" 
 
Baekhyun looked up at Minseok. He wanted to say something but it's stuck down in his throat and he can't bring himself to say it at all. 
 
"Baekhyun?" 
 
"W-When is J-jongdae coming back?" 
 
Minseok pressed his lips into a thin line, "Next week. Why?" 
 
Baekhyun inhaled deeply, "Can I stay here for a while?" 
 
"Why? What happened between you and Chanyeol?" 
 
"He... I overheard him talking to Tiffany about getting a divorce and stuffs like those." 
 
Minseok's eyes grew wide. "You're kidding me."
 
Baekhyun shook his head. Minseok understood before leading Baekhyun to the guest room. "It's not that big but, yeah. I hope you'll be fine with it." 
 
"This is great, Minseok. I won't stay long. I promise." 
 
"No, no. It's alright. You can stay as long as you want." 
 
Baekhyun smiled at how great his friend is, "Hey Minseok..." 
 
Minseok was folding the blanket in the guest room so he just simply hummed in reply. 
 
"If Chanyeol calls and asks where I am, please don't tell him I'm here." 
 
"But Baek--"
 
"Please." Baekhyun pleaded. 
 
Minseok sighed and nodded, "Does Kyungsoo know about this?" 
 
Baekhyun shook his head, "I'll call him tomorrow. He's probably busy with Jongin right now." 
 
Minseok chuckled, "I understand. So Baek, I'm gonna go out now. If you're hungry, there's food in the kitchen. Make it as a home of yours." 
 
Baekhyun smiled, "Thanks Minseok. I owe you big time." 
 
The elder smiled back before going out and shutting the door gently. 
 
Baekhyun then let himself fall on the bed and closed his eyes with his hands. 
 
'I just don't like this marriage at all.'
 
'This marriage is just so pointless right now.'
 
'Maybe I should get a divorce with Baek'
 
All those keeps on replaying inside Baekhyun's mind and all he wants to do is to not think of it yet it's hard. Because it's painful. 
 
-
 
Chanyeol washed the dishes before walking to the backyard. He looked out and notice something different. 
 
Was it because Baekhyun wasn't here? Was it because Baekhyun's not here? Chanyeol doesn't understand. What did he do wrong? 
 
Locking up the back door, he walked to the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed. He took out a small box from his pocket before fiddling it with his fingers. 
 
"Baekhyun.." He murmured, tears started to form in his eyes. 
 
He brought the box up to his lips and started murmuring names of Baekhyun or Baekkie or Baby. 
 
He lay down on the bed and opened the box before taking both of the diamond band in the box and looking at the carves on the inside of each ring. 
 
A simple 'ChanBaek' was carved and he smiled at the memories of them. The day they first kissed. They day they got married. The day they confessed at the auditorium. The day they made love. 
 
He remember two years of lost without Baekhyun by his side. Baekhyun was all the way in America with Sehun and Luhan while Chanyeol was in Korea, missing his husband very much. 
 
He closed his eyes and Soojung's words popped into his mind. 
 
'I'll make sure you and that husband of yours will never live happily ever after together.' 
 
Chanyeol sighed. Life is life but life without Baekhyun if just..
 
Nothing. 
 

 I'm sorry it's short. 

I have chores to do today.

So yeah. 

And I'll try and update 21 tomorrow if I have time. Can't really promise anything big okay guys? 

Got to go. See you all later on! 

 

love,

authornim :)