Ch. 14

Falling In Love with Mr. Arrogant

"C-chanyeol?" 

"Baekhyun?!" 

"Y-yeah...?" 

Chanyeol was extremely happy to hear the voice of his life. It's been 2 years now, and finally they're talking to each other again. 

"Baekhyun-ah... Come home, please..." 

Chanyeol knew he needed to let him know now. 

Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat. Chanyeol sounded... sincere. 

"Please come home... I need you, Baekhyun."  

"Why Chanyeol? Why now? Two years! Two ing years I tried to forget you. I build a wall around my heart so nobody could get near me and you... You're voice broke the walls ever so easily. Why now Chanyeol?! Why now?!" 

Tears were streaming down Baekhyun's face and Chanyeol could tell he was crying by the sound of sobbing on the other line all the way in America. "I'm stupid, Baekhyun-ah. I was arrogant, I know." 

Baekhyun didn't say a thing. 

"I was afraid of falling in love again. Yet now, I realize that, you're an exception. You're all I have, Baekhyun-ah. You're all I ever wanted. I should've realized it earlier that you are the one. I should've told you earlier. I should've let you know."

It's now or never, Chanyeol tells himself.

"I should've let you know I love you, Baekhyun-ah." 

Chanyeol could hear the little gasp Baekhyun made and Baekhyun thinks he stopped breathing for a while there. 

"C-chanyeol.." 

"No! Let me finish. I know, I'm not as perfect as any of your previous boyfriends. Maybe you met someone new in America. Maybe he's better than me. Well, if he can make you happy, you can go and leave me, Baek. I just want to see you happy because your happiness is my only happiness. Your smile is also my happiness and I love you. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love you Byun Baekhyun. It's always been you." 

"I-- I'm sorry." was the only thing Baekhyun could mutter out and hung up. 

Chanyeol tried calling back, yet the line was disconnected. He felt stupid now. He lost the chance, the opportunity, his one and only happiness and love. And it's all his fault. He can't stop blaming himself anymore. It hurts now. And It hurts bad.  

-

It's been about a month since the phone call with Baekhyun and today, Chanyeol found himself being dragged by Jongin and Kyungsoo to some piano centre. Chanyeol doesn't know since when were these two monkeys interested in pianos. Maybe it's for their wedding. Right. Wedding.

"So, Chanyeol, why don't you go in there for a while? A little tour in the auditorium." Jongin wiggled his eyebrows. 

Chanyeol snorted, and left the pair together, heading off to the auditorium. The place was dark, and quiet. Until he felt the door behind him close and he was shocked when the piano started to play Bruno Mars' Talking to the Moon. 

 

'I know you're somewhere out there, 

Some where far away. 

I want you back.. I want you back..'

 

Chanyeol froze. That voice is so familiar. He sat on one of the seats and listened until the chorus came in. 

 

'Talking to the moon.

Trying to get to you.

In hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too.

Or am I a fool, who sits alone. 

Talking to the moon.'

 

And it stopped there. Chanyeol clapped for the oh-so-familiar person before cheering, "Great voice!" He could hear the piano chair being pushed away and footsteps going down the stage.

All the lights went on and there he saw. The person behind all of this. 

Baekhyun.

"B-Baekhyun?" 

Baekhyun shot him an angelic smile before walking towards him and standing right infront of him, head tilted upwards because of their heights. 

"I'm home, Yeollie.." 

Chanyeol couldn't believe what's infront of his eyes right now. Is this a dream? Chanyeol tried pinching his lap and Baekhyun seems to notice it as he chuckles. Oh gosh, music to Chanyeol's ears. 

"This is not a dream, idiot." 

The younger scooped Baekhyun in, arms around the tiny waist of his husband. Baekhyun smiled as his eyes starts to get teary and hooks his hand behind Chanyeol's neck, inhaling the scent of Chanyeol's perfume and closing his eyes. 

Never did neither of them imagine this would be a day where they would reunite and be in each other's arms again. 

Chanyeol gently pulled Baekhyun off him, fingers caressing the pink rosy cheeks of the elder one infront of him. "You're home... Baekkie." 

"Baekkie?" Baekhyun tilted his head to the side. "As in, Baekkie and Yeollie now?" 

Chanyeol chuckled and nodded, "Yes. Baekkie and Yeollie." 

Baekhyun smiled and was about to pull him for another hug when Chanyeol stopped the elder. Baekhyun has a puzzled expression on his face yet it all changed when he saw Chanyeol lovingly gaze into his eyes. Chanyeol his own dry lips before leaning in slowly. 

The elder finally process what's happening and his eyelids slid shut. 

Fireworks bursting everywhere in each of their soul as their lips met in a gentle kiss. Chanyeol held Baekhyun's waist tight as he rubbed circles on the skin of his waist while Baekhyun tugged the back of Chanyeol's hair, trying to tell Chanyeol he wants more.

Chanyeol seems to be a great mind reader. He swipped his tongue on Baekhyun's lower lips causing Baekhyun to part his lips and allowed the entrance of Chanyeol's wet muscle into his own. Their tongue seems to be dancing perfectly to a tango. The way it slides against each other. 

Chanyeol pulled away, "I love you." He panted out and Baekhyun muttered an "I love you too" before continuing their make out session. This time, more passionate. 

As they were starting to explore more, the door of the auditorium opened, "What the heck you guys?" Jongin stared, Kyungsoo beside him. 

"We set this up because we want you to get back together not to make out in the auditorium. Who knows which grandpa will sit there and smell your cums." 

Baekhyun flushed. He never thought of having it with Chanyeol. Same goes to the younger. 

"Let's go home, Baekkie." Chanyeol hooked an arm around Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun did the same to Chanyeol's waist. 

-

Baekhyun entered the house that he left two years ago and looked around. "This place didn't change at all." He smiled. 

Chanyeol chuckled and dragged him to the kitchen, "Now cook for me. I'm hungry." 

Baekhyun threw a puppy punch on Chanyeol's shoulder before nodding. Chanyeol smiled and went back to the car to take Baekhyun's luggages and stuffs. After he settled the bags in Baekhyun's bedroom, he went to the kitchen and saw Baekhyun infront of the stove, while the familiar scent of bibimbap the way its suppose to be. 

Tip-toeing over to his husband, he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and placed his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder. The elder gasped and giggled, elbowing Chanyeol's ribcage gently. "You scared me." 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol mumbled into his neck. 

Baekhyun smiled and continued cooking as Chanyeol observed the latter. 

Few minutes went by and foods were spread on the table. Chanyeol almost drooled at the sight of delicious looking food all over the table. "Come on. Try it out." Baekhyun bit his lips. 

Chanyeol tasted each one of Baekhyun's cooking and he loved all of them. "You should cook often. Be a house wife." 

Baekhyun, who was chewing on his fried chicken, frowned. "I'm not a wife." 

"You're my wife." 

"No." 

"Yes." 

"No."

"Yes."

"Nooooooo."

Chanyeol flashed a charming smile towards Baekhyun and Baekhyun's heart skipped dramatically. "Fine." He muttered. Chanyeol grinned like a stupid monkey. Baekhyun stuck his tongue out and continued eating. 

Dishes are washed, both of them had taken a shower, (Baekhyun was embarassed to take a shower with Chanyeol so Chanyeol said something that sort of sounded like, "It's okay baby. Take your time.") and now they're both sitting on the couch, television off. 

Chanyeol took hold of Baekhyun's hands and observed his fingers. "You know, for a male, you have beautiful hands." 

Baekhyun's an easy blusher. So just by some compliment like that, he was smiling with his cheeks deeply shaded red. 

Chanyeol placed a gentle kiss on the tip of each finger before pressing a kiss on the wedding ring they exchanged 2 years ago. Baekhyun smiled and leaned forward, pecking Chanyeol's forehead. 

"So, how was America?" Chanyeol asked, Baekhyun was already laying against his shoulder while Chanyeol was playing with the elder's hair. 

"If you were there, it'll be nice."

"Why? Didn't you enjoy?"

"No... Because I was missing you."

Chanyeol smiled before standing up and taking his husband in his arms, Baekhyun instictively wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck while his legs wrapped themselves around Chanyeol's waist. Chanyeol started kissing him deeply, and they made their way to the bedroom.

Their bedroom.

Chanyeol dropped Baekhyun down on the bed before going under the covers beside him and Baekhyun quickly snuggled into Chanyeol's embrace. Chanyeol kissed the top of Baekhyun's head and whispered, "Good night."

"B-but..."

"We have forever to do what we want, baby."

Baekhyun blushed at the nickname, 'Baby'.

"Okay.. Good night, Yeollie." He snuggled closer to Chanyeol and closed his eyes.

-

Baekhyun woke up and saw Chanyeol staring up at him, glowing from the sunlight that reflected through the window. "Good morning, Baek." 

The elder pulled the blanket up to cover his mouth. 

"Morning breath?" Chanyeol smiled.

Baekhyun nodded. 

Chanyeol pulled the blanket down and hovered on top of Baekhyun, "I don't care about morning breath when it comes to you." and he leaned forward for his good morning kiss. Baekhyun finally gave in and kissed back, arms gripping Baekhyun's shoulder. 

Maybe, life would just get better from now on. Maybe. 

 


 

THIS IS LONG? 

YAY.

Okay. This story is going fast isn't it? Don't worry. More to come. I haven't released the bad characters yet. /smirks. 

Lmao. Maybe I'll update tomorrow if I'm free so yeah. 

I gained 8 subscriber because of Chapter 13. Woah. I love you all. So much. I'll update as soon as possible. 

More subscriber, commenters, upvoters and promoters, faster updates. No promise though. 

See you guys soon!

 

xoxo,

authornim.