Morning Rumble

You, Me and our Baby?!

Jiyeon’s POV:

I snuggled closer to my side pillow burying my face in its warmth.

Hmmm… it smells so nice. I can stay like this forever.

Like I said, I stayed there for a while before swinging an arm around it but my arm was immediately blocked by something —it felt like another arm. What? Wait, I think it’s an arm draped over my waist. OH MY GOD IT’S A FREAKING ARM!

My eyes instantly flew open only to be welcomed by a milky bare chest. A BARE CHEST!

“AAAAAHHH!” I shrieked blindingly pushing the human being lying beside me. “What the hell?! Hongki?!”

I heard him groan as he sluggishly pushed himself up from the floor. He scratched his messy red locks as his eyes tried to adjust to the light. I squinted away from his OH MY GAWD half- body, feeling my face burn. I can’t believe I was snuggling in his *cough*bare *cough*chest. *nosebleed* Oh my god, this is so not good for my ity.

I coughed not meeting his eyes, “Why were you s-sleeping beside me? And w-why the hell were you n-?”

He yawned stretching his arms in the air, “I must have taken my shirt off while sleeping. I really can’t sleep with it.” He stood up casually as if being half- in front of me was not big of a deal. Like WTF?

I tried my hardest to look away but my eyes betrayed me. Can you blame me? His body was welcoming.

“Like what you’re seeing?” he teased as his lips formed a lazy smile.

“Hmmp I’ve seen better,” I stuck my nose up proudly.

“Oh yeah, where and when was that?”

“TV, several times,” I announced smugly.

He chuckled, picking up his shirt from the floor near the couch. “Right~~. Well, you haven’t snuggled in one before until now.”

“Ya! I thought it was a pillow!” I screamed defensively flinging a throw pillow at him.

He swiftly dodged it by moving a step away while nodding as if taking a note, “Oh so you really did. I actually didn’t know it ‘till well you gave it away. Hmmm…”

“What? You didn’t…no I mean…I didn’t…really…no,” I panicked feeling as if I’ve been caught breaking a law.

“What a ,” he chuckled before shaking his head and walking to the bottom of the stairs.

“No~,” my voice trailed off as I reached my hand towards his direction. “This is a misunderstanding!”

“Yeah, yeah,” he waved me off. “Just go to class you .”

Class? Oh lord! Class!

My eyes squinted on the wall clock. It reads 7:45. Holy sheezus! My class starts at 8:30! OMG I’M GON—wait something’s awfully wrong in the room. I think something’s missing. I wandered my eyes in the living room. Then I finally saw it. The crib was open on one side and the railing was touching the floor so that any baby can crawl out from it freely. Baby…like Minsoo. HE’S GONE.

*Mental rampage*

OH MY GHAD WHERE IS HE?!

“Hongki,” I muttered loud enough to be heard upstairs as I looked behind the sofa. I checked behind the curtains and shelves too but there was no baby in sight.

“What?” I heard a faint voice from the second floor.

“Hongki, come down here I sec,” I was biting my fingernails as I moved to the kitchen.

“What for?!”

“Just come down!” I patiently called crossing my fingers as I opened the cabinet below the sink. Please be here. Please be here. I chanted as if it were a mantra but still, there was no Minsoo. I opened every cabinet in Minsoo’s reach but I had no luck.

“I won’t come down till you tell me,” Hongki’s frisky voice came again, this time striking a string in me.

“JUST COME DOWN YOU LITTLE PIECE OF CRAP! MINSOO’S GONE!”

Hongki’s rapid heavy footsteps were heard and in a split of second he was already beside me, “What do you mean Minsoo’s gone?!”

“His crib was open and I can’t find him anywhere! Hongki what if something happened to him?!” I anxiously looked around feeling my heart as if it was gonna explode.

Hongki put his reassuring hands over my shoulders, “Hey calm down think about rainbows and unicorns. I’m sure he’s just in the house.”

“How can you joke a—“

“Ssshh, can you hear that?”

“What are you talking about I don’t hear an—“

He capped my mouth, “Listen. I think it’s coming from the laundry room.”

We practically jumped our way to it when we heard a soft cackle.

And there was Minsoo, chuckling and clapping his hands in the sea of dirty clothes.

My weak knees immediately gave away at the sight of him, “Oh thank god.” Sheezus, I think I just lost ten years of my life there.

“How did you get here you little punk, huh?” Hongki was chuckling as he scooped him from the floor. “You got us worried a second there. Don’t do that again, okay? Aigoo this kid.”

Hongki stopped at the sight of me on the floor. He raised a brow to me, “What the hell are you doing? I thought you’re late?”

Upon the realization, I got up on my feet letting out a gasp before rushing up to my room to do my morning ninja moves.

“Hey, what about Minsoo? What do I do with him? I have class at 10:30,” I heard Hongki yelled from down stairs.

Rapidly taking off my clothes I yelled back, “Feed him. Bathe him. Change his diapers and bring him to the nursery!”

I was half way on slipping into my jeans when suddenly the door slung open. “I can’t possibly do all that alo—oh sorry,” Hongki immediately closes the door; I didn’t even have time to react. A second later, though, he opened it again poking his head into the slit. “Hey, nice undies,” he commented with a playful smile.

“Ya!” I shrieked throwing the nearest thing that my hand could grab at him. But before it could reach his face, he swiftly closed the door.

“A-HOLE!” I angrily shouted only to be answered by a hysterical laughter from the biggest ever.

 

Hongki’s POV:

“Stay here for a sec, okay? I’ll go get a pair of goggles. Don’t make a move little punk I know you,” I narrowed my eyes on Minsoo, who sat on the bathtub fully blinking at me with his big innocent eyes. I ran out from the bathroom as fast as I could. I turned to my room and rampaged my still unpacked bags to find my goggles (which I use in my PE class). Since I had a lot of luggage and I forgot where I placed it in them, it took me a while to find it. As soon as I did, I rushed back to the bathroom, in which, the most horrifying thing I will ever see in my entire life immediately welcomed me.

Minsoo was literally—-I mean literally bathing in his own poo. Oh yes, I’m not kidding. He just in’ pooed in the bathtub and happily crawled all over it.

“,” I heaved a curse as I scoped him out of the storm. My mind immediately gone berserk as I realized my hands were perfectly sitting on the places where the yellowish brown goo was sticking on Minsoo’s body. In panic, I set him down on the tiled floor and lunged for the faucet by the bathtub.

I felt a little relieved when my hands were free from the awful thing that Minsoo produced. Like how the hell could a tiny little angelic creature like him produce the most destructive thing you will ever encounter in your entire existence? It felt like North Korean have just released a ing nuclear bomb smothering the house and especially me into pieces.

As soon as I turned around, I felt the blood drain out from my face, “No no no! Don't crawl! Minsoo! Don’t! You’re spreading your poo all over the floor!”

I helplessly collected the god of poo before he could mark everything as his territory. I settled him back on the bathtub not caring whether there were still all over it.

God, I’m hating Jiyeon so much right now. We should’ve been suffering in this together!
 

 

After making sure that everything Minsoo needed was in his diaper bag and that he was comfortable inside the carrier bag that was strapped on my shoulders and around my waist, I grabbed the my motorcycle keys out of habit. Upon realizing that I couldn’t possibly ride on it with Minsoo dangling in front of me, I settled it back on the table and went outside, depressed.

On our way to the nursery, I noticed Minsoo was looking up at me with those big puppy eyes as he on his pacifier.

“What?” I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at him. “You’re not gonna poo again, are you?”

He blinked his eyes twice and I pouted at him, “Don’t dare make a mess on me again you little punk.”

He continued his pacifier as he gazed up at me. I sighed and smiled, “Good thing you’re such a cute kid.”

“Awww the kid is so cute and not to mention his father’s a hottie,” I heard someone said as I passed by a group of girls. A little smirk tugged on the side of my lips. Well if you still haven’t realized, I love it when I attract girls’ attention.

Anyway, on our way, I occasionally hear girls whispering how cute Minsoo was and how hot and attractive I am and the likes, I didn’t even mind being called his father at all. Being a narcissistic man I felt better hearing all of the compliments being thrown at me considering the nightmare Minsoo have given me earlier.

I stood awkwardly at the door of the nursery building as I waited for my turn. Awkwardly because firstly, I felt like an outcast in the see of parents (and mostly mothers). And secondly, all the mothers’ eyes were watching me in curiosity as if I was an extraterrestrial being or something.

“Mr. Lee Hongki,” the woman behind the desk called. “That’s me,” I immediately dashed to her. After signing a waver and another paper that looks to me like an attendance sheet, I kissed Minsoo on the forehead. I felt hesitant on giving him to the baby sitter for some reason, worry was a big part of it of course. What if he cries because of the people around here looked unfamiliar? What if he disappears again? I don’t feel right living him in care of some strangers.

Oh geez… I need to stop being a worry-wart, Jiyeon has already got that covered.

Speaking of her, I hope she didn’t get to school late. And speaking of being late, I am late. . I need a cab.