What Liquor Does (Part II)

You, Me and our Baby?!

EDITED VERSION. 


Hongki’s POV:

It was passed midnight when the Armageddon finally settled in the house. On the carpet in midst of throw pillows were the two youngest cuddling each other looking like a bunch of idiots they are. Beside me was Jonghun lazily flipping through the page of the songbook. Oh don’t even asked me about Jaejin and Yoona. One minute they were in living room and on the other, they were at the backyard doing god knows what.

But what interest me the most, was the first timer, Jiyeon. She only had like, I don’t know two and a half bottle but she was already dozing off on the armchair, with her head resting on her hand propped on the arm of the chair.

When her head suddenly slipped off her hand, she woke up startled. She looked around with half closed eyes as if she was lost of something. I smiled. It was kinda cute, I admit.

“I think I’m gonna hit the bed,” she mumbled standing up.

Jonghun and I shoot right up when she almost stumbled on her feet. Jonghun was the first to reach and catch her but I was fast enough to snatch her by the arm.

My best friend blinked at me surprised. Avoiding eye contact, I scooped Jiyeon from the floor and carried her in my arms, “I’ll get her up. Are you and the others going to stay for the night?”

“I don’t think so,” Jonghun responded. “I’ll get those two home and as for Yoona, Jaejin will get her to her dorm. Jaejin had only like five so I’m sure he can’t be that drunk.”

“Are you sure? You know Jaejin can be a little bit scary when his drunk,” I said remembering the time he molested my mouth and held on to my head tightly for like ten seconds, I couldn’t get away. I thought I was gonna die back then.

Ugh! Cringe attack.

Jonghun laughed, obviously remembering the day he just sat there laughing his off as his best friend faced the most terrifying experience of his lifetime, “He was just so drunk back then, Hongki. Get over it.”

“Ya! You can’t just simply get over with an experience like that!”

“Alright alright, fine. If it makes you better, Jaejin wants to kill himself too when he remembers what he did.”

“Aish! Let’s not talk about it anymore. Are you sure about Jaejin and Yoona? Because they’re like alone right now. And I think you’ve seen the moves that punk was pulling on her.”

Jonghun snickered, “He likes her Hongki, I bet he’ll take it slow.”

I shrugged letting the topic go because my limbs were starting to get sore as I stood there carrying what it felt like a bag of sack in my arms, “I’ll trust you on this one then. I’ll get down after I set this girl in bed.”

I didn’t hear Jonghun’s response after as I mounted up the stairs, but I had the feeling he just nodded.

 

 

She was lifeless as I gently set her down on the bed. It was the first I entered her room and as expected, books, papers and pens were everywhere. But what struck me most was the familiar scent that lingered in the place.

Jasmine.

I looked around and saw the familiar scented candle on the window frame.

So she’s using my candle huh? I smirked taking off her converse.

As I fixed the blanket around her, I can’t help but admire her sleeping form. The way her chest moves up and down as she breathed. The way her long lashes fluttered. The way her cheeks glowed in crimson against her white creamy skin. And the way her lips parted a little.

I clutched onto my chest. It was beating so fast.

Damn, this girl.

“Hongki?” her lips suddenly moved.

I stepped back abruptly, feeling as if I was caught doing something I wasn’t supposed to do—or think.

“Hongki,” she repeated.

This time I responded, “Y—yeah?”

She pointed at the gift box on her nightstand, “Gift. For you.”

“Really? You didn’t have to,” I said in disbelief. She actually bought a gift for me. I reached for the box and opened it. It in was a yellow urbeats headphone.

I found myself smiling. “Thanks.”

“Mmmmm…”

I stared at her. Why am tempted to kiss her?

“Hongki,” she mumbled my name again.

“Yeah?”

“Save Yoona.”

“Save Yoona?” I almost laughed. How ironic. Here she is concerned about Yoona when she’s in the hands of the most romantic and the one who respects girls the most, while she’s here alone with me, the most hungry-for-flesh guy in the house. “Aren’t you supposed to worry about yourself first? What if I take advantage of you?”

“You won’t,” she muttered.

“How do you know?”

“Because you hated me from the start.”

Taken aback I was silent for a moment. “Hey I don’t,” I paused noticing how her head fell on the side a little. She’s asleep. Again.

I shook my head sitting down beside her sleeping form. I pushed back a strand of hair on the back of her ear before continuing, “I don’t hate you Jiyeon. I never hated you. True, I made fun of you when you confessed to me but I—that kid died a long time ago when I finally got to know you. Yes, I still made fun of you as much as possible but that’s only because I don’t know how to make a proper conversation with you. You intimidate me you know, with that IQ you have, I was afraid to talk about serious stuff thinking I might look like an idiot. I am an idiot though, for turning down an amazing girl like you.”

“Hongki.”

I shot right up eyes wide open. , she’s awake! No! No! No! She wasn’t supposed to hear that! Oh my god! no! F—

“Stop eating my strawberry yogurt,” she murmured.

“W—what?”

“It clearly says my name on the label, you idiot.”

I furrowed my brows silently approaching the bed, “Wait, is she dreaming?”

My question was immediately answered when she started snoring. I laughed softly. “Even in your dream we’re arguing huh?” I shook my head sighing.

Hesitating for a while, I finally leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, “Good night Jiyeon. And thanks, I can’t believe you actually completed my birthday.”