Best Friends to the Rescue

You, Me and our Baby?!

 


~~~~~

As soon as his alarm set off, Jonghun sat up and got out of his bed. Stretching his muscles, he made his way to the kitchenette of his small yet descent apartment, to get himself a bottle of water from the fridge. Drinking, he spun to the direction of the living area.

Water sprayed out his mouth surprised to see someone sleeping soundly on his couch. “What the hell?! Hongki?!”

The redhead groaned and shifted his body.

Before he knew it, Jonghun was beside the couch shaking his best friend to wake, “What the hell are you doing here? Did you—did you sleep here the whole time?”

Hongki shifted again mumbling, “Five more minutes. Explain later.”

Jonghun shook his head sighing, “Alright. How did this punk even know my keycodes?”

 

 

After Jonghun was done taking a shower, changing into a tight black shirt and jeans and preparing breakfast, the almighty Hongki finally awoke.

With hairs streaking messily in all directions, Hongki groggily sat on a stool opposite Jonghun at the breakfast table.

“So what happened?” the brunette asked pouring a brewed coffee for the other.

“Nothing,” Hongki responded as he shoved the fried egg in his mouth.

“Yeah sure. Seriously dude, I know you like the back of my hand so spit it out.”

“I didn’t go home last night.”

“Yeah, I see that. So?” Jonghun prodded.

Hongki kept his eyes on his plate as he muttered, “I had a fight with Jiyeon,”

“You always have fight with Jiyeon,” the other pointed out. “Tell me something I don’t know.”

“No, I mean like fight-fight. I mean like real fight. I said things I shouldn’t have.”

“And that’s why you didn’t go home? Wow, it’s like you two are married now,” Jonghun chuckled which immediately received a glare from his best friend. “Alright, alright. Sorry, continue.”

“Dude, I was drunk and humiliated and my mind is going all berserk last night, I didn’t mean what I said,” Hongki explained. Jonghun could see he was being honest, like he said, he knew the guy like a mother to his child.

“What happened exactly?” he asked.

Hongki narrated everything that happened last night. From forgetting to pick up Minsoo to his date slapping him and to the things he didn’t mean to say and finally to things Jiyeon said. When he was finished, Jonghun shook his head, “The things she said to you afterwards, you know she’s right, right?”

The redhead nodded.

“Good, what were her last words again?”

“Uhhh she hopes I become a famous singer and that I am an irresponsible selfish jerk.”

Jonghun guffawed, “Right again!”

Hongki frowned and pouted, “Yeah sure, keep laughing. Damn you.”

“Hahaha! I’m sorry. This is just funny. Look at you, being all worked up for a girl. Aigoo~ our Honghong is all grown up now!”

“Shut up. It’s not cute.”

Stifling his laugh, Jonghun tried to make sense of his best friend odd behavior, “Seriously though, why are being all so worked up. You can just do what you usually do when you apologize to girls. I’ve seen you before do that, in which it made me sick in the stomach, but it always works.”

Hongki sighed, “Yeah, well Jiyeon’s different.”

Jonghun raised an eyebrow interested on where the conversation was going, “Is she now? How?”

“I don’t know, just different. She’s a smartass, she can’t fall for those things. And for that matter, what I said to her was just—too much. You know I love Minsoo, man, I was just drunk and confused that’s all.”

Jonghun patted his best friend’s shoulder, “Yeah I know. Then tell her that. It’s not that hard dude, if you really mean it. And if you’re going to apologize maybe give her something she likes, strawberries maybe I hear she like that.”

“That sound’s good,” Hongki nodded.

“It’s settled then, apologize to your wife later. Anyway I gotta go, I’m gonna be late for school,” Jonghun got up and went to the door.

“Ya, stop with the wife thingy! But anyway, can I borrow some clothes? I can’t go to school with the same outfit as of yesterday.”

“Yeah sure. Don’t forget to lock the door on your way out. See you in school,” he waved his goodbye and then he was gone.

With Hongki alone, he mumbled to himself, “I hope I don’t bump with Jiyeon though, I still wouldn’t know what to say.”

 

Jiyeon’s POV:

“I’ll rip his vocal chords out from his neck, you hear me Jiyeon! I’ll tear his limbs apart! He can’t just leave you hanging in the air like that! That stupid stupid jerk! I’ll kill him! I’ll kill him slowly until—”

“Yoona calm down. It’s alright,” I patted my best friend’s shoulder as I placed her order, a cappuccino, on the table. We were at the coffee shop outside our university, in which today I wasn’t a customer but an attendant. “If he doesn’t come back, I still can do this on my own.”

“But still, it’s not fair! It is already hard with the two of you together what more if he left you. We’re talking about lives here, you and Minsoo’s, hello,” Yoona groaned cursing, “Don’t worry you have me, bestie. If Minsoo gets to have two moms, then so be it.”

I forced out a smile, “Thanks Yoona but I can’t—“

“Hush hush hush,” she cut me off. “You know I can’t leave you just like that. If that doesn’t come back, I’ll move into your house.”

“That’ll be amazing but—“

“No buts. I made up my mind, sweetie.”

Before I could argue once more, Junhong appeared on my side, towering. “Noona, manager’s eyeing you and based from her expression I don’t think she’s happy,” he warned whispering.

I in a wisp of air, “Uh oh, I gotta go Yoona and that cappuccino is not for free this time.”

“What?! I thought—“

“Nope, not free,” I clicked my tongue at her and gave Junhong an appreciative look. “Thanks for the warning, Zelo.”

He nodded and smiled meekly before going back to his post.

“Yeon! I’ll wait for you,” I heard Yoona called as I made my way to the counter.

“That’s two hours from now. Are you sure?” I mouthed at her. As a response, she smiled and pointed at the ‘Free Wifi’ sign.

 

 

“I’m starting to think that that Junhong has a crush on you,” Yoona mused as we walked home with arms linked together.

“What? You and you’re impossible assumptions,” I shook my head.

“Excuse me but my assumptions have their basis.”

“Oh yeah? And what are those?”

“First of all, he lets you call him by his nickname—what’s that again? Zelo?”

“But that’s what he told me,” I argued.

“Exactly, he doesn’t go around letting people call him that, basing on the fact that he wrote his real name on his nametag. Second, he helps you carry stuff, he blushes when he talks to you and even warned you about your manager earlier.”

“But that doesn’t mean he likes me. He’s just a nice kid, that’s all.”

“Oh common, don’t give me that,” she rolled her eyes. “And hey, did you not remember that you have this dongsaeng-killer alter ego.”

“What?! Where did that come from all of a sudden?”

“Well there are basis I could give you for that too,” Yoona gracefully flip her hair. “Fact number one, you have this small fanclub composed of lowerclassmen back in our high school days.”

I blinked twice, having no idea of the said fact, “I did?”

“Yes you do, my friend. You haven’t noticed because you’re too blinded by the ancient proverb ‘I love you Hongki and only you’.”

“Ewww shut up,” I playfully punched her shoulder laughing.

She giggled too, “At least you’re laughing now.”

I paused for a brief moment and eventually smiled genuinely at her, “Yeah. I have to thank you for that.”

 

 

Hongki POV:

“Oh ! Dammit!” I grumbled frustrated at the video game I was playing. I kept dying, like what the , I’m great at playing this. What the hell’s happening to me? Starting again, I reached for another can of beer in the box lying on the carpet.

“You’re still here?! And what the dude, what’s with all the mess in my living room?”

I looked over my shoulder to find my best friend at the door, dumbfounded at the sight of me in the middle of empty cans of beer and chips. I saluted two fingers at him, “Yo!”

“It’s ing 10 in the evening, aren’t you supposed to be apologizing right now?”

I scratched my hair, looking down, “I haven’t thought of what to say yet. So I’ll be crashing here again tonight.”

“Nope, go home Hongki,” Jonghun grabbed my bag pack on the kitchen counter and pulled me up. Damn, this guy’s strong, look at those biceps. Dammit! My strength is outmatched, I need my aegyo right now.

Putting on my puppy face I tried to convince him otherwise as he dragged me out of his apartment, “Hoonnie please don’t kick me out I don’t have anywhere else to stay.”

“Stop it. You’re not cute,” he coldly said shutting the door to my face.

“Hey, please I thought we’re best friends!” I desperately knocked at the door.

I was almost relieved when he opened it again but only to throw my jacket to my face, “Yeah, we’re best friends. That’s why I’m doing this. Oh and by the way, didn’t you know it was Jiyeon’s exam week and you’re here playing video games instead of helping her. Minsoo’s both your responsibility so up your pretty little pride and apologize to her. She needs you the most right now so go home!”

“But what do I say to her?” I asked in a very small voice I couldn’t even recognize.

“Here,” Jonghun suddenly handed a basket of strawberries. Where it came from? I don’t know. “Give this to her as a form of peace offering or something. And just tell her what you really feel. You’re spontaneous right? Well then, tell her whatever comes into your mind.”

I sighed defeated, “Alright. Thanks Hoonnie. Anyway, I’ve eaten the whole box of chicken in the fridge.”

“That’s alrigh—,” he stopped in the mid of his sentence with wide eyes. “You little that’s my dinner for the whole week!”

Laughing and running to the elevator, I stuck my tongue out at him, “MEHRONG!”

 

 

 


P.S. has it been a week since i've updated? i'm sorry OTL ... 

anyway to everyone, thanks for all your kind comments and subscriptions i really appreciate it  all TT_TT wait for my updates okay? chuu~~~