First Glimpse of Light

You, Me and our Baby?!

 


COLLEGE FRESHMEN YEAR.

Jiyeon’s POV:

I slammed the door open to our dormitory huffing and clenching my teeth. Ghad! I want to tear his limbs apart!

“Jiyeon do you have—GAAAAHHH! Oh ghad what happened to you?! You look like you’ve just morphed into a SheHulk,” Yoona stared at me from head to toe with a judging expression. “And what’s up with the after- hair?”

“Ugh, it was that jerk’s fault! He super glued me on my chair!!! Can you believe that guy?! ARGGGGG! I wanna bury him alive!”

“Okay that explains the torn clothes. But what about the hair? Don’t tell you had after that?”

“What?! Yuck, that’s just disgusting, Yoona,” I stared at my best friend in horror and stuck my tongue pretending to throw up. “I think I messed it along the way because of frustration. But that’s not the point, that guy, I can’t take him anymore! I should’ve killed him a long time ago when I had a chance!”

“Geez, girl, calm yo ,” she laughed. “And you’re nose are flaring, it looks funny.”

“Aish, thanks for your support,” I said sarcastically.

“It’s my pleasure me lady,” she curtsied making my eyes roll. She grinned and then hopped back to her wardrobe, Anyway, Jiyeon, you’ll attend the party tonight right?”

“Not interested,” I answered grimacing at my reflection in the mirror. I do look like a SheHulk that just got laid. *Oh ghad the images in my brain*.

“What? I thought were supposed to go there together!”

“Hush woman, I have a call,” I raised a finger in front of her as I took the call from my sister’s husband, Yonghwa. “Hey op—“

“Jiyeon! What do I do?! What do I do?! Shinhye’s water broke! I think she’s about to give birth!!!”

I was too shock to answer, not only because my sister is about to deliver (in which I can hear her piercing screams in the background) but also because it was my first time hearing Yonghwa lose his cool.

“Jiyeon?! Jiyeon! I need your help! I’m freaking out here!” panic was evident in Yonghwa’s voice.

“I’m here, oppa,” I told him as I try to get back my composure. “Calm down. Take a deep breath—alright that’s good. Now, go get your car keys.”

“—I got them now.”

“Alright good, now carry her to the car and drive to the nearest hospital. I’ll call the hospital beforehand so that they could get ready before you reach them. Just concentrate on the road, oppa. I’ll meet you there,” I instructed as Yoona watched me in concern.

I heard Yonghwa’s heavy breathing on the other line as I imagine him nodding at my every instruction, “I’m in the car. Thank you, Jiyeon. I owe you one.”

“You owe me nothing oppa. She’s my sister,” I said before darting to the door (grabbing a cardigan on my way) and dialing the hospital’s number.

“Ya, what’s happening?! Where are you going Jiyeon?! Is everything alright?!” I heard Yoona yelled from behind.

I was already on the hallway when I turned to look at her worried expression over my shoulder, “My sister is about to give birth! I need to go the hospital now!”

I didn’t hear what Yoona said after I turned to the staircase while talking on my phone. I was practically skipping one-step as I rushed down the stairs. I was in the school hallways when I saw Hongki walking with a girl with his arms draped around her shoulders. Normally, I would have just ignored him like a total stranger but this time, I was running to him like a bull.

When he saw me, his eyes twinkled with mischief but I ignored it—like I always do. The girl who was with him gasped when I suddenly snatched his wrist. I bowed at the girl, “I need him now. I’m sorry.”

Without wasting another second, I pulled him along with me. The girl just gawked as I steal her ‘boyfriend’, who was by the way smiling at me with amusement, away.

“Well, if you really need me badly you could’ve just waited in my room. No need for you to rush baby,” Hongki teased grinning.

I rolled my eyes, harshly letting go of his wrist, “Jerk, I don’t have time for your antics. We need to get to the hospital immediately, unnie’s laboring.”

I gasped when I felt a sudden grip on my wrist, “What is it now?!”

Instead of answering, he just dragged me to the opposite direction of the gate. I was ready to dig a hole in his empty skull with my imaginary rifle when I realized we were going to the parking lot. He didn’t say a word when he tossed me a white helmet.

I gaped at him as he mounted on a black motorcycle. I never knew he had a motorcycle.

He was already wearing a dark helmet when he turned to me, “Aren’t we supposed to be in a hurry?”

“Eh? Ah of course of course,” I stuttered as I struggled to put on the headgear.

“Geez, don’t you know how to put on a helmet properly?” he stared at me judgingly.

“Ya!” I protested when he tugged on the helmet strap and harshly fix the gear over my head, “Can you be more gentle?! Your hurting me jerk!”

“No baby. I like it hard and fast,” he smirked playfully before winking.

I gasped pushing myself away as I pointed an accusing finger at him, “!”

He chuckled shoving the motorbike’s side stand with a foot, “Get on, geek.”

Unsure, I set myself behind him holding just the hem of his shirt.

“Stop being a , you’ll fall if you don’t wrap your arms around me,” he warned starting the engine.

“I’m fine this way,” I spat at him.

“Alright, your choice,” he dismissed turning the clutch a few times.

“KYAAAAAA!!” I shut my eyes tightly as I latched forward as soon as the motorbike started moving. I heard the jerk laugh vigorously as I pressed myself against his back, tightly hugging his waist. “STUPID JERK!”

 

 

When Hongki and I reached the hospital, we were running like a couple of maniacs along the hallway.

Shinhye-unnie was already inside the ER while Yonghwa-oppa restlessly waited outside. He was pacing back and forth biting his thumbnail when Hongki and I finally saw him.

“She’s inside,” Yonghwa stuttered, a mixture of worry, anxiousness and all the negative feelings in the world was painted all over his physique.

Hongki was just as flabbergasted as I am when I first heard his voice over the phone. Hongki looks unsure of what to do; maybe it was his first time seeing his brother that way. He was even more surprised when I started Yonghwa’s back in empathy.

“Everything’s gonna be alright, oppa,” I assured him. I was busy calming Yonghwa when I noticed Hongki’s intense stare. “What?” I asked him.

He immediately looked away and cleared his throat, “Nothing.”

We were silent after that. We waited patiently outside the delivery room. We all jumped on our seats when we finally heard a baby cry.

“It’s a boy!” 

 

 


P.S. OH wow this one's a pretty short chapter. will update again tomorrow don't worry guys. :D leave a comment if you have time <3