Dear

You, Me and our Baby?!

HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN YEAR.

Jiyeon’s POV:                 

I chewed on my lips as I waited anxiously for the corridor to be cleared with noise and chattering students. I stood across the line of lockers feeling nauseous by the thought of what I’m about to do.

I can’t believe Yoona talked me into this. Oh my god, I think I’m gonna faint right now.

It was precisely ten minutes after the bell rung when the coast was finally cleared—well except for some late comers, who doesn’t give a damn about me as I stood there looking like a total antsy idiot.

Taking a deep breath, I took out a red envelope tucked safely between the books I was carrying and I slowly…slowly I approach his locker. Oh my god, I can’t believe I’m doing this. oh my god, oh my god!

Just when I’m about to slip the letter into the slit of his locker, I heard his voice behind me.

“What are you doing?”

All the hairs on my back stood as I spun around quickly, dropping the letter on the process.

Stood there coolly was the boy of my dreams ever since middle school, with his messy raven locks and a scrutinizing pair of lovely eyes. One hand was shoved inside his pants’ pocket and the other was holding the bag that slung over his shoulder.

If I wasn’t busy panicking inside, I would have savored the moment that we were in fact just few inches away from each other and I could practically smell the soapy but sweet heavenly aroma his body was emitting. And his face—his face was just as gorgeous as ever. I think he doesn’t know the fact the things like ‘pimple’ or ‘pores’ actually exist.

I struggled to rack my brain with some kind of an excuse or something.

But I failed.

After picking up the letter on the floor, he handed the letter without examining it. “I think you dropped this,” he said.

Halleluja! He didn’t see his name written on it!

“T—thanks,” I managed to exhale as I snatch the letter from his hand. I excused myself and immediately scampered away.

It wasn’t long when I was suddenly halted by a warm and soft hand on my wrist. It was him, I just knew.

He didn’t say a word, instead, he drowned me in his stare. I was busy gasping for air and swimming for the surface, I didn’t realize he was already holding the red envelop. He was inspecting it closely before a tiny amused smile crossed over his face.

“It says ‘For Hongki’ here?” he simply said as he lifted his gaze to me. I felt my face burn.

“You’re blushing, I guess it’s for me huh?” he smirked and then slipped the letter inside his pocket. “Well thanks then.”

And without a second look, he walked away leaving me breathless and feverish. Boy, I think I’ve lost half of my life just by mere his presence and OH MY GOD! HE ACCEPTED MY LOVE LETTER!

 

 

At lunch, I was sitting at one of the cafeteria tables with my best friend, Kim Yoona. Yes the girl who talked me into writing a confession to my beloved long time crush. Well unlike me, Yoona was popular among boys. We had been friends ever since we were in middle school. Actually, she was just like me when I first met her, a nerdy geeky girl. But ever since the time she fell for this guy who broke her heart, she transformed from an ugly duckling to a swan. She always encourages me to give an actual damn when it comes to my appearance but I don’t always listen—which make her really furious. Even if it was a futile attempt, she won’t seem to give up on that issue.

 “Ya woman! Didn’t I tell you to at least wear something red? I told you, your skin glows in red even without make up. And have you used the facial cleanser I’ve given you yesterday?”

I shook my head sideways, “I forgot to wash my face before I sleep. But I slept early, that’s a start, even though a new episode of—”

“Ya! You’re not taking this matter seriously! I told you many times that you should take care of your skin. You know I would kill just to have that skin of yours. This was your big day for god’s sake and you didn’t even give an effort with your clothes or hair? Or even bother to put some make up on or try eye contacts?!”

“Uhhh…maybe because I don’t have many clothes? And maybe because I don’t know anything about make u—“

“Hush woman,” Yoona placed a finger on my lips. “No excuses. We’ll go shopping after class.”

“But—“

“Ehem. Mic check. Mic check,” a familiar voice was heard from the speakers cutting my sentence.

An announcement from the principal?

The noise in the cafeteria toned down a little.

“Alright. Ehem…Hello dear schoolmates,” the speakers boomed. “Lee Hongki here.”

This time most of the girls shut their mouths.

“Today, I’m not here to render a song,” Hongki paused.

Oh, have I told you he has a miraculous voice that can melt away every maiden’s heart? (or some says, a voice that can peel away every girls away) Have I not? Well, I just told you.

“Yes, I know your disappointed but this is much better I assure you,” he chuckled. “Well I got this cheesy love letter this morning and hey, I thought maybe I could share it with my friends or something. Since I’m friends with almost well—all of you, I’m reading it from the P.A room so I don’t have to go around the campus waving it to everyone’s face. Less work right?”

No way. Without realizing, I was gripping on Yoona’s arm.

“I won’t tell who it came from, but I hope she’s listening. Because after sharing her oh so heart-melting letter, I will tell her my answer.”

The students started murmuring to each other as I felt my head spinning. I have a feeling that this is not going to be end well.

Dear Hongki,” he started. I was about to rise to my seat when a hand grab mine.

“Sit, don’t do anything stupid that can make everyone suspicious of you,” Yoona whispered to me.

“Every time you talk to me, I don’t know what I’m gonna do.”

Let me die now! He’s actually reading my letter. My freaking love letter that I worked so hard and which was only intended for him to read! Just for him, not for the freaking entire school to feast upon!

“Every time you smile, every time you laugh, every time you walk by,

it takes my breath away. It leaves me without anything to say.

Your eyes are brighter than the sun; it makes me see that you’re the one.”

HOLY MOTHER OF SHIZUS, I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS IS JUST A DREAM!

“I can’t get you off my mind; I talk about you all the time.

I never felt this way in my whole life. I never had this feeling before I met you.”

I heard laughter. OH MY GOD! THIS ISN’T A DREAM! THIS IS A NIGHTMARE!

“And I never imagined writing a love letter for you.

I like your vibe. I like that way you’re such a star.

I like your goofy remarks. I like everything about you.

This isn’t your first time to receive something like this, because everyone is aware of how beautiful you are.

But I just want you to know that I’m not just another fan who says this because of what they see physically.

I like you not because you’re cool or popular, I like you because of who you are and I see that.
 

From...well let’s just say secret admirer.

There was more laughter. I didn’t realize my hands were already coiled into fists.

“Well that was interesting wasn’t it?” Hongki asked with amusement, obviously trying to contain his laugh. “Well you see; I like how you have written it. I must say it clearly is a work of art, as expected from a girl like you. But naaaaa, I don’t think it’ll work with you and me.” He snickered. “I don’t mean to be harsh or anything but I only date well—hot girls so yeah. I don’t date nerds. Oops, I’m giving too much information already now aren’t I? I should stop. But ah well, maybe we could make this a school game or something. I will give price to whoever guesses correctly. Just come to me.”

The cafeteria was on high as every student started to chat with each other and guess who it might be. I felt the water works forming in my eyes.

“Well, that’s all for today folks. DJ Hongki, signing off.”

 

 

He’s an . A mother-effing . I hate him! I hate his guts! I hate him like hell! I can’t believe he did that! I feel soooooo humiliated right now. I hate him! I hate him! Deep inside me, I knew he would reject me but—but not like that.

My body was coiled up like a ball on a bench at the back of the school, where no one else goes to because they believe it’s the ghosts’ hang out place.

“Hey.”

I looked up when I heard a voice.

Isn’t he Hongki’s best friend? What’s his name again? Jonghun? What’s he doing here?

“This place is taken, go somewhere else,” I harshly said hiding my tears-smothered face behind my long wavy hair.

“Oh I’m sorry,” he handed me a handkerchief. “Use this, your sleeves are soaked.”

I hesitated but got it anyway.

“Can I seat?” he asked cautiously.

“Whatever,” I answered, my voice coming from my nasals. After all, he gave me a handkerchief, the least I could do was to act less like a in front of him.

His face was void of emotions as he sat down on the opposite side of the bench, “Hongki was an isn’t he? I tried to stop him but he’s an like that.”

I sniffed, my ears perking up.

“Hongki can really be a big sometimes—oh wait I mean most of the time. But he’s a good person.”

I bit my lower lip not knowing what to say.

“But that hasn’t realized that yet. He’s that immature.”

“Why are you saying this?”

“Nothing in particular. But hey, don’t give up on humanity just because that immature jerk broke your heart. Your words are wonderful but you’ve given it to the wrong guy. If I were to ask, I’d date a girl like you.”

I stared at him wondering. He smiled and then stood up.

“Well it’s nice talking to you. I’ll see you around,” he said before sauntering away.

“Hey Jonghun-ssi!” I heard myself shout. “Ermm…thanks.”

Without turning around, he raised his hand and gave me a peace sign.

When he disappeared from a corner, I gasped. Wait what?! He knew it was from me?! Well of course, considering that he was that ’s best friend.

His words were kind though. So opposite from that jerk.

Hmmm… Choi Jonghun huh?

 


P.S. Hi!!!!! I hope you like the first chappy~ Watch out for the time line guys, i don't want you to get all confuse. ^^ brb