Grocery Shopping

You, Me and our Baby?!

~~~~~

After arguing who’s in-charged of this and that, Jiyeon and Hongki finally had plans and schedules of the important things they had considered in the house including the schedule of cleaning, waking up in the middle of the night when Minsoo cries and the likes. Some they would do alone and some they would do together.

One of things they agreed upon to do together for they both hated it was doing the groceries, aside from washing the dishes and of course changing Minsoo’s diapers.

They scheduled it on Sunday. So when Sunday afternoon came, they were out grocery shopping.

Hongki was wearing a pair of skinny jeans with a black and white striped shirt to top it. His red hair messily settled under a leopard printed cap and around his neck was a pair of big white headphones. And oh, his Nikes where neon yellow by the way. Queer taste but he carries it well. Pushing Minsoo’s stroller in front of him didn’t even pull his appearance and self-confidence down.

He is attractive alright, Jiyeon thought as she looked down at her outfit. She was wearing a pink knitted jacket paired with navy jeans. Her long wavy hair tucked messily in a ponytail.

Walking alongside with Hongki made her feel underdress for some apparent reason. Oh what the hell, it’s not like they were celebrities in airport anyway. They were just going to shop for food.

Girls were practically ogling at Hongki as soon as they entered the mart. Every pair of eyes seemed to follow him with interest. They didn’t seem to mind if he had a baby with him because as soon as they looked at Minsoo, they immediately softened with his cuteness. Hongki and Minsoo were like the perfect husband and son every girl can dream of.

Jiyeon followed from behind as Hongki went to get a pushcart. Finally, Hongki and Minsoo’s audience noticed her. She looked down at the floor, fumbling with the strap of her bag, pretending not to notice the judgmental look they were giving her.

After securing Minsoo on the pushcart, Hongki turned to Jiyeon. She was awkwardly standing behind him biting her lower lip.

Hongki seemed to notice the looks the people around them were giving her so he nonchalantly put an arm around Jiyeon, “Hey let’s go.”

Jiyeon slightly jumped eyeing him widely, “What are you doing?” she hissed.

“As much as I love the attention, I hate the way they were looking at you,” he explained as he pushed the cart, his arm still draped around her securely. “Let them think they can’t have me-” a playful smile tugged on his lips “—since I’m already yours.” He wriggled his eyebrows. He felt so cheesy throwing that line but ah well, it’s not like it were true.

Jiyeon knew of course he was just teasing but hearing it made her face automatically turn crimson. Her heart drummed against her chest violently. Before she could wriggle away from Hongki though, he was the first to break the contact jumping his way to a free taste booth.

“Daebak, this tastes good,” he exclaimed as he shoved the second meat in his mouth. “Hey, try this!” he ushered Jiyeon to the booth.

It smelled so good that all Jiyeon could do was to have a bite as well. Her face brighten up nodding, “This tastes awesome!”

The ahjumma behind the stall smiled at them in appreciation. “Are you two a young married couple?”

Jiyeon and Hongki simultaneously coughed almost spitting the meat straight out to the ahjumma’s face.

“’Coz if you are, we have this family day offer we could give you. If you buy two kilos of this meat, we can give 40% discount plus this family t-shirt set,” she pointed at the three shirts hanging by the wall. It all has the same design, three stick people resembling a family, but different sizes. 

Jiyeon was dumbfounded as she stared at the shirts. Like what the actual ? She was about to vehemently deny that they were not an actual happily married young couple ...but Hongki’s hand s around her shoulders fast and capped tightly. “Four kilos please!” he chimed.

“Coming right up. You two are such lovely couple and so is your son,” the ahjumma said happily ringing up the meat.

Hongki finally let go of Jiyeon when they were out of the sales lady’s earshot. In which, Jiyeon immediately threw successive furious punches at Hongki, “You little ugh! Didn’t you know I could breathe?! Ugh I hate you! And stop lying to people just for the sake meat! Ugh, let’s shop separately! Ugh! And I HATE YOU!”

And with that, she stormed away leaving Hongki blinking at her in bewilderment.

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV:

I didn’t really know why was I so angry at him. Was it because he capped my mouth so tightly I thought I was going to die? Or was it because he bought four kilos—I mean four  freaking kilos of unnecessary meat? Or maybe because he made a lie like that? But why would I get mad it were the third reason. Was it because I felt used in exchange for some kilos of meat? Aish! I don’t even know anymore!

It wasn’t few minutes later when I turned into the breakfast aisle. At the end of the aisle, I can see Hongki standing there flirting with two gorgeous women, who looked like they were five or more years older than he was. One of the women was cooing and pinching Minsoo’s cheek while the other was busy flauting her s at Hongki.

I shook my head in disgust before darting away from them.

On the fruit section, I was busy going through the grocery list on my hand when two boys, maybe on their junior year in high school, approached me.

“Uhhh noona, do you mind if we help you with that?” the blond one asked. He was shorter than his friend, who on the other hand has raven hair. I thought they were both pretty good-looking—not that I’m a pedobear or anything.

Huh? I blinked at them puzzled by the sudden offer.

The raven one immediately jumped to his friend’s rescue, “Sorry, we didn’t mean to be creepy or anything. It’s just that you’re carrying a big watermelon and some other things and it bugs us not to help you since it looks heavy.”

“Oh,” I responded stupidly. But before I could say another word I heard Hongki yelling from a distance—I could swear his voice reached the other side of the world. “Oh honey! You’re there! I was looking all over for you! Our baby’s hungry, he needs your MILK badly!” He was waving and grinning as he approached.

My jaw dropped to the floor. Did he just—-everyone’s just freaking heard that! OMFG!

Floor, please open up and swallow me whole now!

The two boys looked stunned as they squinted their eyes from my face to Minsoo, to my face again and then to Minsoo. As soon as the whole idea dawned on them, they scampered away in no time.

“Dammit LJoe, she had a husband and freaking baby” the raven hissed at the blond.

“It was your idea to help her, remember?” the blond hissed back.

“Dammit, I’m out of here!”

“Hey Ilhoon, wait up!”

“Well that went well, right Minsoo?” Hongki ruffled Minsoo’s hair as he laughed his off.

I sneaked a glare at Hongki as I bowed at every direction I can turn to. “I’m sorry. That’s not what he meant. I’m not lactating. I’m sorry.”

 

 

“Helloooo~,” Hongki waved a hand in front of my face as we waited in line for a cab in front of the mart.

Hmmpp… I’m not talking to you.

“You mad or something?” he asked when he noticed I was glaring at him.

“No,” I said sarcastically. “Can’t you read it all over my face?”

“Oh good then,” he shrugged before turning away to answer a phone call.

I gawked at him, wanting so badly to rip his head off, jab it on a stick and display it in my front yard for everyone to know I killed the most insufferable human being in the phase of the earth. Just like the good old days in the history books.

“It was Jonghun,” Hongki said after the call. And in a split of second, my face lit up, seemingly forgotten that I was supposed to be angry, “What did he say?”

Hongki raised a brow, “I thought you’re angry?”

Realizing, I glared at him and looked away.

“You’re so obvious when it comes to Jonghun you know. But hey, all you needed to do was to ask me so I could hook you two up or something.”

My face was already in front of Hongki before I knew it. My eyes twinkled as a creepy hopeful smile formed on my face, “Really? You would do that?”

Hongki backed up a little seemingly scared of the face I was making, “Y—yeah sure. But I would only hook you up with one date, not help you with the date itself or give advice bla bla bla. From what I’ve heard, you’ve never been on a date before.”

“Hey! I’ve been on a date before!” I exclaimed in defense of my whole dating career.

“Oh yeah? Like doing homeworks together in the library?” he smirked. “Oh yes, I’ve heard of that from Yoona. So if you’re going to screw the first date with my best friend, then ‘bye bye Jonghun your love~’”

I pouted in disappointment as I pulled away from him. Why would he suggest something so wonderful and then crash my hopes of attaining it afterwards? He’s such a cruel person. :’(

“Maybe you should practice on dating or something?” Hongki suggested.

“Like how would I do that? Like where on earth am going to find someone, who’s willing enough to practice a so called date with me?” I asked annoyed, not even buying the idea.

“Well that someone is beside you right now,” he said.

I turned to my left, “Minsoo?”

Hongki rolled his eyes, “No idiot, on your right.”

"You?" 

 

 

 

 


P.S. Unnecessary cliffhanger here. haha ^^v ... so who's teentop and btob fan here? xD sorry again for my biases' cameo xD