Key of Love I

You, Me and our Baby?!

A/N: It's been a while. I'm sorry I haven't been updating for i don't know, is it two three months? I'm really sorry and because of that here's a peace offering... *throws two chapters at you all of my beautiful readers* <3


 

~~~~~

At a certain café in the middle of the buzzing city sat five suspiciously looking people with shades, scarfs and caps to cover their faces. One even went on wearing a black leather coat hoping he looks all kinds of mysterious but to be honest, he just look stupid by actually taking this “mission impossible” Yoona had instigated over the phone seriously.

Jonghun narrowed his eyes at Seunghyun, who was hiding his face behind the collar of his leather coat and was looking uncharacteristically serious the moment he “silently” or to be more specific silently cried on the inside when he knocked his knee at edge of a table as he made his way towards his friends. The boy was a wearing a pair of dark glasses and a wireless earphone on one ear, in which he seemed to be pressing as he stiffly observed his surroundings. This kid has serious problem in the head, Jonghun thought shaking his head before turning to Yoona, “Tell me why we had to come here separately and cover our faces again?” He adjusted his scarf down so he could breathe and speak properly. Actually he was the only person among the five of them who wasn’t taking the ‘we have to hide our identity’ rendezvous seriously. What’s the point anyway, it’s not like people might find out and spill out the beans. And Seoul is a big city for christ’s sake, Hongki or Jiyeon won’t come across them in this small inconspicuous coffee shop so easily and even so, they’d suspect nothing especially in the lines of planning an inescapable arranged date. And oh, most especially because he was the only person who’s in his right and sound mind.

“Hyung, put your scarf up, you’re blowing our cover,” said Seunghyun in a hush tone, stretching his thin long arms to the brunette, who immediately whacked it away with a warning look. The younger scowled at him, “Ouch hyung, that hurts!”

“Yeah noona, why do we have to put on disguises, it’s not like they’d find us here and suspect something’s up. As far as I know, Hongki-hyung doesn’t know this place. I wouldn’t even find it if it wasn’t for my friend who was leaving around the area,” Minhwan said.

Thank you, Minhwan for voicing out my thoughts. I’m proud of you for not being infected of the moronic-virus your best friend is suffering from,” Jonghun sighed patting the youngest on his shoulder, who in return gave him a bewildered look. He was never the type of hyung to say mean things to his dongsaengs really, but he has limits too just like everyone.

“Hyung~,” Seunghyun could only whine while Jaejin laughed.

“You have a point Minhwan but what the hell this makes things more exciting,” Yoona shrugged grinning. “Anyway enough of fooling around, we’re here to makes plan for tonight’s mission impossible—oh actually I already had it all planned out, I’m just here to state the division of labors.”

“Oh! Oh! I want to be the cupid!” Seunghyun chirped in excitedly raising his hand like a five year old, blowing off his mysterious aura rendering his black coat useless. “I have these wings at home and I’d love to use it for this.”

“Yes yes, you and Minhwan will be the cupids at the actual scene, minus the wings and diapers. I’ll elaborate the things you should do later,” Yoona said in her business-like tone before turning to Jonghun. “And you will be the person to lure the lion out from his lair.”

“And how that might be? He won’t even get up to go to the bathroom or eat; he practically built a fortress in my couch—a fortress of depression if I might add.”

“Hmmm,” Yoona tapped a finger on her lips thinking before snapping her fingers. “Ah! Tell him you’re going on a date with Jiyeon.”

“Huh? How is that supposed to get his out from my apartment?” Jonghun raised a brow at her behind his spectacles.

“You asked for a suggestion I give you one. So stop asking for explanation. If you don’t like it then think of something else.”

“Fine.”

“Hey hey Yoon, what about me? What am I supposed to do to help?” Jaejin asked smiling sweetly at his girlfriend.

Yoona couldn’t contain her smile as she gazed at those loveable brown eyes. “We’re going to take care of Minsoo together,” she responded eagerly. It wasn’t a secret she’s thrilled playing house with Jaejin.

“Ugh, couples,” Seunghyun faked a gag at the two lovebirds who, seemed to ooze with cheese from all over their bodies.

“Shut up weirdo” Yoona spat venomously at the younger man. “Oh by the way, I need you to buy something for tonight.”

“Buy what?”

The woman smiled wickedly before answering.

 

 

Hongki’s POV:

Oh , she wasn’t supposed to see me. I should just keep going right, pretend I didn’t see her. Yes yes y—no she’ll definitely talk to me, I don’t wanna talk to her now. So I should just turn back right, pretend I didn’t see her—or in this case hear her.

“Hongki! Wait up!”

“Dammit.” I fastened up my pace, keeping my head low under the hood of my jacket.

“Hey wait,” I heard her again but I just kept going. I wasn’t supposed to be here anyway. But damn my curiosity for dragging my all the way up to this amusement park, where Jiyeon and my best friend was supposed to meet up for a date. Speaking of which, where the hell is Jonghun? I thought they were supposed to meet like thirty minutes ago? The bastard’s late? But he went out of his apartment on time, so why is he more late than me, who by the way spent thirty minutes convincing myself into believing that I didn’t care if Jiyeon dates my best friend, or that Minhyuk guy. But as you can see, I still care. Dammit. This is so not me.

“Hyung!” A tall figure stepped on my path out of nowhere halting my escape.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I blinked surprised to see Seunghyun. But what surprised me the most was the waterworks forming on his eyes.

“Hey, hey, what’s going on?” I asked him worried. Seeing clown-kid in the verge of crying is very rare, and if he is, I’m pretty sure something serious just happened.

“Hyung, it’s Minhwan…” he sniffed. “Minhwan… he… I…” he paused, shook his head and grabbed my wrist. “Just follow me,” he said dragging me to the way I just came from.

“Hey what happened to Minhwan?” I asked, panic starting to build up in my chest. I hope nothing happened to him.

We were still running when I saw Jiyeon emerged from a crowd. Minhwan too was dragging her to our direction. Wait, did I just say Minhwan?

Click. I ceased at the sound followed by a feathery sensation around my wrist. I looked down and saw a pink fluffy handcuff. When I looked up Jiyeon was being pushed to me like a ragged doll and then—click.

It happened so fast that the next thing I knew, we were handcuffed together while the two punks scurried off waving their apologies. “Hey wait up you little s! What the hell do you think you’re doing?! Hey! Come back here!” I yelled running after them.

“Hey wait, wait Hongki!” I felt a strong tug on my wrist making me stop. Jiyeon was wincing as she raised our handcuffed hands. “If you haven’t forgot were freaking chained together!”

I mumbled my apology, in which in return her face softened and said it was okay. I didn’t know what to say, or do or think afterwards and when I looked at her she was staring silently on the ground, fidgeting the strap of her purse. The tension between us was all too familiar; I felt it all before and I dread every second of it.

Thankfully, the awkward atmosphere shattered when I felt my phone vibrate. I fished it out of my pocket and read the message. It was from Jonghun.

We’re not really going on a date. Enjoy the night.

I was still processing what I just read when I heard Jiyeon in a sharp breath. I gave her questioning look. Her face was unreadable as she handed me her phone, “I was supposed to meet Yoona but…”

Confused I read the opened message. It was from Yoona.

Mission for the night: Find the key to the handcuffs

First Clue: You both love

--Yoona Jaejin Baby

P.S. Jaejin and I are babysitting Minsoo, so don’t worry and concentrate on your task. If you have any question, feel free to ask. Goodluck :D

Jaejin baby?” I grimaced handing back the girl’s phone.

Jiyeon gave me a disbelieving look, “Are you serious right now? Of all the things that was in that message, that’s the only thing that stuck on you?”

“I know, I know, it’s just that…Jaejin baby?” I faked a gagging sound, I never thought I would encounter a day where baby and Jaejin are put together for an endearment. Besides, I remembered him telling me he doesn’t like his girlfriend calling him baby because it’s emasculating. He prefers jagiya or just his plain name. Ah well, I guess he loves Yoona that much he’s willing to throw away his manly pride out of the window for her. Shame.

I heard Jiyeon sigh, “Since we’ve been tricked into something childish as this, do you wanna just use my hairpin to get us out of this handcuffs and beat the hell out of those people?”

“Whoa, for someone in a yellow dress you’re pretty aggressive.”

She rolled her eyes.

“You look cute though.” Oh , did I just say that? Me and my stupid mouth.

I watched as her cheeks turn crimson. Now, she looks even cuter. She should stop blushing for her own good you know, one of these days, I won’t be able to control myself and kiss her to make her flush even more.

“Here, un-cuff us,” she stammered not meeting my eyes as she handed a bobby pin from her hair. It took me a lot of courage not to snicker. I like it when she blushes because of me.

I took the pin but then stopped, “Wait, this is no fun.”

“What?” Jiyeon gave me rhetorical look.

“Well since those idiots did so much just to let us meet because—well because of yesterday,” I cleared my throat looking away. I don’t want to get into details of that for now. “We should just play along. Besides, we’re already here, in the amusement park, why don’t we just get the best of it.”

She gave me an apologetic look as she rubbed her hands together. She’s nervous, I think. “About yesterday, I’m really sorry, I—“

“Hey, it’s fine,” I cut her off. Like I said, I don’t want to get into details of how my heart was broken. Those idiots probably set this whole thing up so Jiyeon and I could patch things up. After all, we’re taking care of a kid. “I’m going back to the house after this, so you don’t have to worry.” I said in finality. “So should we get this thing over with?”

Jiyeon was silent scrutinizing my expression. I turned around hoping she didn’t see anything that might gave her a clue of what I was feeling. As I did, her hand was dragged with mine.

“Ouch, need I have to remind you about our handcuffs!” she complained as she crouched next to me.

I ignored her walking ahead, “So where do we start?”

 

 

 

“The second clue just got in,” Jiyeon informed as soon as I set our orders down on our table at Café d’Azur, one of the food shops we both love aside from the Lake Pizza outside, in Magic Island. Unfortunately, we weren’t lucky enough to stumble on the key at our first stop.

“What’d it say?” I asked as I started with my fries.

“The key is with a person, probably personnel in charged with the ride or stall or something,” she said taking a sip of her strawberry juice without tearing her eyes away from the paper where we listed the rides, restos and other things we love in the park. She was now narrowing down the list by matching the things we both love.   

“Hmmm,” I responded savoring the taste of the greasy double patties burger, I ordered. Ahhh, this is heaven.

“Are you even listening to me?” Jiyeon scowled.

“Mmm course I ammmm.”

She shook her head pushing the list towards me, “I’ve narrowed it down to six excluding Café d’Azur. Should we start with this?” She grinned pointing at the words that said French Revolution. My favorite ride.

With one big gulp from my soda I stood up dragging her hand with mine, “Let’s go!”

 

 

 

As expected, we can’t just asked for the key from the personnel in charge, they were instructed to let us ride or buy tickets to get in first before revealing if they had the key or not. My mothering friends are smart. But it’s alright, I’m kind of enjoying it anyway. Who would’ve thought Jiyeon and I had so much in common when it comes to thrills? I guess she’s not that that uptight I thought she was. The only backside of this whole thing was we needed to buy the tickets with our own money.

Those motherers.

As Jiyeon and I were walking to the ­­­­­­Drunken Basket, the third on the list after French Revolution and The Conquistador Jiyeon got the third clue. It said, “It’s not a ride.”

“Seriously?! Then we can’t go ride the others on the list?” I exclaimed just as I heard Jiyeon said, “Seriously?! And she’s just telling us now?”

She gave me a look of disbelief.

“What?” I raised a brow at her. She shook her head. “All that left us then is the Lake Pizza.”

“Right, since we’ve already got this whole thing figured out anyway, could we ride the Gyro Swing?” I batted my eyes at the last sentence.

“Nope,” she answered flatly, as she walked ahead towards the Magic Island Gate, dragging me with her. I pouted.

“But whyyyyyyy?!”