Assurance

You, Me and our Baby?!

~~~~~

Hongki awoke from his sleep squinting as he felt the heat of sun touching his face. “Five more minutes,” he groaned turning to one side. As soon as he did, he fell from what he thought was his bed and onto something that felt like bones and flesh. Someone groan beneath him.

When he opened his eyes, he sees a foot an inch away from his face. “Oh god, Minhwan,” he stood up gagging as the strong smell of rotten egg reached his nostrils. In the process, he bumped his head against the coffee table, which resulted in to kicking Minhwan, who was underneath him, against the jaw.

The action started a domino effect among the five boys sprawled around the living room sleeping their hangover-asses off.

As soon as Minhwan felt the pain on his chin, he moaned, unconsciously pummeling Seunghyun on the stomach.

Seunghyun’s body jerked kicking Jaejin’s balls in the process.

Jaejin woke up screaming. He stood up knocking off one of the column speakers as he ran to the kitchen holding his crouch.

The speaker fell forward to the armchair where Jonghun was sleeping, head dangling on one side and legs on the other. The speaker hit him straight in the face waking him up abruptly.

Jiyeon, fresh from shower, came down from the second floor when she heard the doorbell ringing. At the foot of the stairs, her eyebrows knitted as Jaejin passed by her screaming. And when she went to the living room, she sees Hongki and Jonghun rubbing their heads as they mumbled something along the lines of “ing , what hit me?” On the other hand, Minhwan was rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands as he sat beside Seunghyun, who was still dozing off while lying on his bare stomach. Hongki and Seunghyun were the only ones who weren’t wearing their shirts.

The girl could only shake her head at the site. 

Last night after they caught her and Hongki in the middle of their y time, the gang celebrated Jaejin’s first musical appearance in their living room. After her fourth beer (with the exception of quite a few glasses of wine), Jiyeon hit the bed at midnight. She knew the party lasted almost three in the morning, when she felt Yoona snuggle beside her ricked with alcohol and maybe Jaejin’s perfume. She woke up at that time to check on the boys, she didn’t find Hongki or any of them in the second floor so she went down. She found them sprawled all over the living room floor like drunken beggars in an alley. Shaking her head, she brought them blankets and pillows and started cleaning the mess they made before going back to bed.

Ignoring the fact that Jiyeon saw a disturbing site of Jaejin in relief beside the freezer after he shoved several ice cubes inside his boxers, she went for the door. She peeked on the hole and gasped as soon as she saw the person standing on the other side of the door.

Panicking, she ran for the living room shrieking in a low tone, “The social service! Oh my god, she’s here! Why is she here?! Why does she always come in times like this?!”

All the boys seemed to be confused except for Hongki, who immediately became alert. “, ! Guys, move your asses,” he jumped to grab his shirt from the couch and started kicking Seunghyun to wake him up, at the same time, Jaejin emerged from the kitchen fuming, “Seunghyun! I will stab you to death you little—“

Jiyeon latched on to the latter covering his mouth with both of her hands. “Shhhh! The woman outside is from the social service and if she finds out we just threw a party here last night, I’m pretty sure we’ll lose Minsoo’s custody so everyone shut up and don’t make a noise. You all gotta hide upstairs and move fast,” she ordered in an alarmed whisper.

“I think Seunghyun’s dead,” Hongki said while lightly kicking the tall maknae. He sighed. “Minhwan carry him upstairs. Jonghun and Jaejin help me tidy up the blankets.”

Everyone started moving at once. Jiyeon run for the air freshener and started spraying all over the living room.

“Hongki, shower real fast and get back down here at once. I’ll keep her preoccupied,” she told her boyfriend before he could mount the stairs.

He nodded and started moving with the others. “Hey Jiyeon,” he called shortly pausing on his way up.

She turned to him, “Yeah?”

“You smell nice,” he winked, a small smile painted on his lips. She blushed realizing she had tried on his jasmine scented shampoo. The four witnesses, even Seunghyun who was supposed to be dead, rolled their eyes accompanied by some groans.

“Hi, good morning! Come in!” Jiyeon greeted Miss Park enthusiastically than expected when she opened the door.

“Good morning to you too Miss Kwon,” the older woman, in her monochrome suit, greeted back with a smile as she made her way inside.

Jiyeon was about to lead the woman to the living room when she saw an empty bottle of beer peeking behind the couch. She panicked and whimpered silently before immediately maneuvering Miss Park’s body to the dining area while distracting her from taking unnecessary glimpse of the living room. “Oh my Miss Park, you visited so early. I bet you haven’t eaten yet, come join me for breakfast!”

“Oh no, it’s fine. We can just talk in the living—“

“Oh no, no! I insist.”

“Oh, no you don’t have to.”

“Oh yes, I have to.”

“Oh, you’re too kind, Jiyeon.”

In no time, she was serving the older woman, a piece of cake from last night and a cup of coffee.

“Might I ask, is Hongki here?” Miss Park asked a little while later.

“Oh yes, he’s upstairs, taking a shower I think,” Jiyeon answered taking her sit parallel to the woman.

“By any chance were his friends here, or your friends, for that matter?” she asked casually as she took a sip from her coffee.

Jiyeon felt her hands started to sweat as she rubbed them nervously. “No, why?” She only hoped she sounded less edgy than she is actually feeling.

“Well, I heard several voices and movements earlier from the inside while ringing your doorbell. I think I even heard someone scream.”

Jaejin, you son of a beach. “Oh really? That must have been the neighbor, it’s just me, Hongki and Minsoo here!” she laughed awkwardly. Oh ghad, we’re so screwed.

But to her mercy, the lady didn’t press on the subject and merely shrugged. “On another note, how has it been since the last time I saw you, Jiyeon?”

“Well it’s,” she paused stunned when she saw Seunghyun creeping down from the stairs quietly. He paused and gave her a peace sign while grinning when he noticed her staring at him. Good thing, Miss Park had her back on the stairs or Jiyeon will be so screwed she won’t be able to stop herself from beating the living daylights out of that stupid skinny boy. “Going well, I think,” she continued while she watched Seunghyun sneak to the living room for his shirt, which was hanging on television stand. “We haven’t had much problems ever since, except for the lack of sleep, but aside from that, everything’s good.”

Miss Park noticed Jiyeon’s eyes watching something behind her so she looked over her shoulder.

Jiyeon quietly gasped, failing to stop Miss Park from turning her head.

But thank god as soon as she did, Seunghyun was already at the foot of the stairs at the same time as Hongki appeared. All Hongki had to do was to push the younger man to the staircase and out of the view.

“Hey, good morning Miss Park,” he waved as if nothing happened, as if Seunghyun had not been there, as if Seunghyun was not this close to sabotaging their chance to prove that they are responsible enough to be the legal guardians of their one-year-old nephew.

“Good morning to you too, Mr. Lee,” the older woman slightly bowed.

“Aren’t you a bit too dedicated, Miss Park? It’s like pass seven in the morning and you’re already working?” Hongki said as he moved to take a sit next to his girlfriend. He smiled at her (It’s alright I’m here) and she smiled back (Thank god you’re here. I was dying). They haven’t realized yet but they had just communicated without talking like every long term couple do— this, of course, didn’t escape the older woman’s prying eyes.

“Well this was the place nearest in my house so I decided to come here first,” she explained. “As I was asking Jiyeon earlier, how has it been since the last time I saw you?”

“Everything’s great, there wasn’t really much of a problem except for the shortage of sleep. And oh by the way, Minsoo had just started walking last week,” he answered smoothly.

“Oh wow, that’s nice to hear,” she smiled genuinely. “Are you two dating?”

Jiyeon almost spat her coffee. “How did you—“

The woman laughed, her eyes amused, “So you two really are dating?”

“Are we that easy to read?” Hongki snickered as he patted his girlfriend on the back while she coughed.

“Yes,” Miss Park smiled moderately. “It’s quite a surprise actually because the last time I saw you two, you were ready to slit each other’s throat.”

“A lot have changed,” he said, his voice serious. “I think we’ve matured since then, right?” he nudged Jiyeon. She smiled nodding, “Yeah, unlike the last time you saw us, we’ve never been sure about Minsoo and well, the two of us together.”

“Well, that’s good to hear and as long as your relationship doesn’t affect Minsoo’s well-being, it will not become an issue,” she stood up collecting her suitcase from the floor. “I should get going, thank you for the coffee, Jiyeon, Hongki.”

“Anytime Miss Park,” Hongki said as they bowed their heads to her.

“Oh by the way, here,” she handed Jiyeon a pamphlet. “I know I shouldn’t be biased when it comes to our clients but I really want you two to get Minsoo’s custody so I’m giving you this. I can trust you enough when it comes to loving Minsoo and that you’re not gonna bring any harm to him but I can’t trust you enough when it comes to parenting and its responsibilities. I know you must have thrown a party here last night and I know you’re friends are still upstairs— but don’t worry, that doesn’t really affect anything as long as it’s just a small get together—“

“Yes, yes of course!”

“Oh yes, yes rest assure it’s just a small gathering.”

 “—okay, that’s good then. Like I said, I’m giving you my full trust when it comes to taking care of Minsoo but then again, you two are still young to actually be parents. So if you’re really serious about Minsoo and I know you are, please give me an assurance that I am not making a bad decision here, because this is a child’s future we’re talking about. And that assurance is this, that you’ll attend this weekend seminar about ‘Parenting, Childcare and Responsibilities’ and I hope everything you will learn there will be put into good use.”

“Yes, yes of course!”

“Oh yes, yes, rest assure we won’t let you down!”

“That’s good to hear,” Miss Park smiled in satisfaction. “Well then, get moving, today’s the start of the two-day seminar.”

 

 

 

 


A/N: woops so sorry, this took so long ^^v