Stupid Lies

You, Me and our Baby?!

Hongki’s POV:

I only have one reason tonight of why I chose to get my off the couch and sacrifice my daily dose of League of Legends. It was to crash the so called “group date” Jiyeon had attended.

“Hey, hyung!”

At the table by the glass window was Jaejin, waving his hands to catch my attention. Beside him was Yoona and beside Yoona, was the culprit. I tried my best to hide the smirk that was forming on my face when I saw her eyes flew wide open. Haha! Surprise, surprise. She didn’t think I’d stay still after hearing she was going on a group date did she? Especially when she’s dressed like that.

I was seriously stunned when I saw her dressed that way. She looked really—different. I mean I knew she was always that beautiful but I never expected she could be even more beautiful than she already is. Man, she’s a catch. And don’t even get me started with her oh so long flawless legs.

I know that the girl can’t flirt to save a country but I can never be sure. Besides, men are dogs. I know. Because I’m one of them. That’s why I can’t stand being at home while the images of men swarming around her keeps on flashing in my mind—which destructed me from playing normally resulting to strings of curses I took from my party (in case you don’t know, it is a team of online players who fight side-by-side for a main goal: to kill some motherf*ckers who challenge us).

So in conclusion, I was worried about her and okay, maybe a little bit paranoid.

I paused in the midst of my way to their table when the guy wearing a plaid button down shirt seated opposite Jaejin, suddenly stood up and made his way to where Jiyeon was seated. I fastened up my pace. I reached them just in time when the guy dropped the thing I was afraid of, “…so can I sit here?” he gestured to the empty seat beside her.

“I…you…well…” Jiyeon, who looked more surprised by the question than I was, stuttered as she squinted back and forth from me and whoa—the freakishly tall guy.

“Actually this seat is reserved for me,” I said jumping in between them.

He made an inaudible ‘oh’ and was about to walk back to his original seat when Yoona stood up and blocked his way. “No no no, actually it’s not reserved for him. Go on, you can seat here, Minhyuk-ssi.” She bumped onto my shoulder before ushering him to the empty seat.

Okay now that was on purpose. What did I do to this girl? I don’t remember pissing her off.

I gave Jaejin a look, telepathically telling him to tame his girl. The idiot just shrugged at me in return.

“Are you sure it’s okay if I seat here?” the Minhyuk guy asked hesitantly as he glanced at me over his shoulder.

“Of course, he’s okay with it,” Yoona assured him with a smile before pointing at me, “You, go sit somewhere else.

I bit my lip in annoyance. What the hell is wrong with her?!

“You can sit beside me, hyung,” I heard Jaejin offered. I ignored him and made my way to the other side of the table, in which the seat was a couch. I slid in between the two girls seating across Jiyeon, so that I was now sitting exactly in front of her. I could feel the two girls eyeing me with interest but I ignored them. They were not my business after all.

“Should I close that up for you?” I smirked at Jiyeon’s gawking face. This girl is my business.

Almost immediately, she snapped close. As she did so, Yoona nudged Jaejin and hissed, “Why did you call him here?”

“He asked me where I was and I texted him back. He asked if I was with you and I said yes. I didn’t know he would come,” he explained in a low tone. Yoona sighed and facepalmed herself.

“Anyway, I called Minhwan and Seunghyun so you don’t have to worry about Minsoo,” I informed Jiyeon.

Minhyuk guy leaned over to Jiyeon and whispered. “Who’s Minsoo?”

I gritted my teeth in annoyance. Get away from her, you dog. “He’s our baby,” I managed to say nonchalantly.

All heads around the table, except for Jaejin whom for some reason looked amused, turned to me stunned. Jiyeon almost spat her drink.

“So you two are like—“

“No no no, it’s not what you think,” Jiyeon cut the man beside her, panic evident on her eyes. “Minsoo’s our niece but ever since his parents, our siblings…uhmmm…passed away just recently, he was left in our care. We’re like his guardians.”

I narrowed my eyes on her folding my arms on the table. Why is she that explaining to him?

“Oh, I’m sorry about your lost,” Minhyuk gave her and me a sympathetic look.

Jiyeon just smiled while I remained impassive. No, I’m not talking about my personal matters to strangers, especially not to a guy like him. If I see him move even just another inch closer to her, world war III is on.

“So are you two like living together?” the girl on my left asked. Good question, these girls have use after all.

“Y—--ouch!” I felt a sharp pain on my shin. Did she just—did she just kicked me?! I widened my eyes at Jiyeon, who immediately denied the current question.

“Are you alright?” checked the girl on my right. “Yeah I’m okay,” I nodded at her without breaking eye contact with the lying little geek in front of me.

“So you two have like a schedule on who’s going to take care of him in a particular day or something? Isn’t that hard for the baby, you know going back and forth from your and his place?” the girl on my left pressed on.

“Yeaaaah Jiyeon, wouldn’t it be hard for Minsoo if we weren’t leaving together?” I raised a brow at her challengingly. I watched in triumph as her face contorted in a realization that her lie has just backfired on her.

“They’re neighbors actually.”

What the , who said that?

“Right Jiyeon?” Yoona nudged Jiyeon, who immediately snapped out of her nervousness.

I narrowed my eyes on both girls. Oh so these two are working together huh? Well, sabotaging their group date was not as easy as I thought.

 


 

Jiyeon’s POV:

“Right Jiyeon?” I felt Yoona nudged me. I jerked and nodded, “Y—yeah. Uhmmm…can I excuse myself for a moment? I need to use the toilet.”

Without waiting for response, I stood up and left the table. As soon as I reached the lavatory, I fanned myself, taking deep breaths. Ghad that was awkward.

But whew, thank god, I managed to get away from that suffocating place for a while.

I faced the mirror as I tried to calm my freaking nerves down.

What the hell is that guy trying to do anyway? Is he like— “AAHHHHmmmmffff—“

“Shhhh,” Hongki put a finger on his lips as he covered my mouth. I stared at him with wide eyes. How did he—what the hell is he doing inside the girl’s restroom?!

“I’m gonna put my hand away now, don’t scream, okay?” he whispered.

I nodded. He put his hand down.

“What the hell are you doing here?! This is a girl’s restroom! Or are you secretly a girl?” I bombarded.

He faked a laugh, “You’re funny. But no, I’m a man. Should I show you how manly I am?” he gave me suggestive smile.

I pushed him away ducking my head as I blushed, “Ugh, get out before anyone sees you and assume inappropriate things about us.”

“Don’t worry. I locked the door,” he winked taking a step forward.

Uh-oh this is bad. I should seriously avoid being alone with him at this close distance or this group date will be a total waste of time.

“If you’re just going to act like a , its best I should just go.”

But before I could even make a move, I found my back being slammed on the cold tiled wall. “Nope, you’re not going anywhere,” he said leaning his arm above my head.

My heart did a double back flip. “What do you want?” I mumbled lowering my eyes to his chest, which was less distracting than his face.

“A lot of things,” he whispered on my ear. I shivered. “Like for example: changing your skirt into jeans. I don’t like it when you strut your legs like that for everyone to see.”

“What?”

“And I don’t like the idea of you attending group dates either so we should probably just go home huh? What do you think?” he gently pushed my chin up with a finger so that our eyes could meet.

I could feel the skin between my eyebrows puckering as I stared at him in confusion. Why is saying all of this? Why doesn’t he like me exposing too much skin? Why doesn’t he like the idea of me meeting other guys? What does he expect me to feel if he acts like this—acts as if he cares about me. I wanted to ask him so many questions but all I could manage to ask was a simple “Why?”

He stared at my eyes for a brief moment. For some reason I though as I saw something in those light brown orbs, but as fast as it came it disappeared almost immediately. He took a step back, looking away. He cleared his throat shuffling his feet uncomfortably, “Well, it’s just that…I thought mmmmm,” he paused and though for a moment. “Ah, yeah you look ridiculous with that skirt. It doesn’t suit you. I feel like gauging my eyes out when I see your legs. Ugh, it’s not pleasant to the eyes I tell you. And about you attending a group date, I just don’t like the idea of comforting you while you cry yourself all day just coz you failed to seduce a guy with your non-existent appeal. So I thought I’d come here to save you from the embarrassment you are causing to yourself.”

I gapped at him not believing what I just heard. And here I thought there was something more behind those words, that somewhere in his heart cares about me too but, damn, I’m just being delusional. And this guy…this guy…this guy is FREAKING JERK! Would someone just give me a freaking gun so that I could blow his brains out?!  

“You know what?” I stepped closer to him.

“Yeah?”

Without a warning, I swiftly kneed him in the thigh. Hard.

He let out a yell and reached down, clutching himself. “What the f—“

“Serves you read, .” Without a second look at him, I stormed right out of the restroom.

When I reached the table, Yoona gave me a concern look, “Hey, you okay? You look flustered.”

I beamed at her and then turned to others around the table, “Hey, I just had an idea. Why don’t we go clubbing?”

Yoona and Jaejin snapped their heads to my direction with wide eyes.

“Is the world ending or what? Did I just hear noona invite us first to go clubbing?” Jaejin said, cleaning his ears while the others agreed.

I ignored the latter’s remark and turned to Minhyuk, “Are you okay with that?”

He nodded enthusiastically, “Of course.”

I gave him a smile, “Good.”

Oh you’re so on right now, Hongki. I look ridiculous huh? I don’t have a appeal huh? You don’t think I could hook up with a guy huh? HA! Let’s see about that.

 

 


:D