Day One

You, Me and our Baby?!

Jiyeon’s POV:

10:00 A.M.

Thirty minutes away from home, Hongki and I found ourselves seated among the sea of parents in a conference room of a hotel. Minsoo sat on Hongki’s lap silently chewing on his pacifier. Thank god, the brat was not in the mood to walk around and cause ruckus since this morning.

There were more or less than 25 couples in the room. Some had their child or children with them and some don’t. With all the children and babies packed in one room, it was pretty much like a zoo.

When a staff entered, we were instructed to leave the children in the nursery room next door. For most of the time, we would leave them there and pick them up whenever they were needed in the program, at lunch and by the end of the day.

When we came back, the seminar started with some boring introductions of the speakers, of each topic to be tackled and its significance, the programs and activities to be expected blah blah blah…

In the middle of the discussion, I could hear Hongki snoring. I turned to look at him only to see his silver head bobbing up and down. He looked so adorable (>///<)— but that doesn’t mean he could just sleep while I endure this tedious discussion alone. When his body unconsciously swayed to one side towards my shoulder, I leaned forward. His body slid sideways all the way in between my back and the backrest until finally his body jerked rendering him awake. I smirked inwardly while pretending to be focused on the speaker in front.

Suddenly I felt his arm s around my waist. “I’m bored, let’s get out of here,” he whispered lazily as he kissed my shoulder. I shivered at the touch and in no time I was blushing.

I took a deep breath before mustering to act nonchalant and flick his forehead, “We can’t just ditch this. We promised Miss Park.”

He pouted, “Fine, as long as you let me sleep on your shoulder.”

“No deal.”

“Lap?”

“Shut up. You’re not allowed to sleep.”

“But whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????” he whined.

 “Because I said so.”

 

 

 

After an hour of discussion, we were grouped into nine, with six members each group. It’s our permanent group for the whole two-day seminar, so we had to get know them better for efficient teamwork. And to do that, the organizers gave us nametags and arranged a scavenger hunt.

In our group, we have Yixing and Lunah, a cute Chinese couple—I assumed because I heard them talking Mandarin earlier and the name Yixing sounds so Chinese too— who seemed to emanate light and energy from their bodies. Not to mention, they’re both really good looking. Yixing had the look of that nice guy next door who I bet if you ask for a favor wouldn’t say no, and when he smiles, two depressions on each side of his cheeks appears. His wife Lunah, on the other, had a cute baby face (I thought she was like 16 or something but turns out she had the same age as Hongki, twenty one), had doe-eyes, thin lips and her smile rather reminds you of an angel—in short, her beauty is beyond this world. She’s a goddess. Suddenly standing next to her made me feel like a flea on a dog *sighs*.

The other pair is the Park couple, Chanyeol and Baecky. Both are just as good looking as the Zhang couple but unlike Lulu (Lunah’s nickname), who seem to radiate light from her skin, Baecky looked unfriendly with a total face. I don’t think scowling most of the time will do good with the baby—considering she’s pregnant right now. I heard from Chanyeol she’s due a month from now. Oh and speaking of Chanyeol, his ears made him look like an elf— a really tall elf with a really, I mean really deep reverberating voice. Also, he’s nothing like his wife, the guy is a big bundle of happiness. And he just can’t seem to shut up— just like someone I know. I wasn’t even surprised anymore when he and Hongki had been exchanging jokes already after meeting each other for like, I don’t know, ten minutes?

With Baecky beside Princess Lulu and Princess Lulu’s arm hooked around mine as if we’ve been best friends forever, we walked to the back garden where the scavenger hunt will take place. Anyway, I’m calling Lunah that because what the hell, she looks and acts like a perky princess with her long blond hair, I will not be surprise if I found out she’s some royalty in England.

“…the baby?”

Hearing the princess’ intonation raise in a question after her non-stop blabbering about— uhm I’m not sure what, I snapped out of my stupor. On my defense, I did listen to her for a while when the topic was of significance. But when she started going on about her hair, her shoes, her makeup, the floor, the walls, the receptionist who doesn’t seem to take her eyes off Yixing and bubble tea (yes, she jumps from one topic to another in a speed of light), I sort of drifted off.

“I’m sorry, what?” I asked politely.

“I said how ‘bout you and your husband? Did you two plan the baby?” she repeated patiently, her smile not wavering.

“Oh no, no he’s not my husband. He’s my,” I paused blushing at my next word, “boyfriend. And he’s not really our baby. He’s our nephew but we are his temporary guardian until the judge grants us the permanent guardianship.”

“Oh,” Lunah nodded, a hint of surprise evident on her face, even Baecky, who I think has shut off Lunah’s voice too, stared at me with interest. “What happened to his parents?” Lunah asked.

“It’s kind of a long story,” I said hoping they would let it go. It’s not like I didn’t want to talk about it, it’s just that I’m afraid I would break down the moment I reopened that wound. And I’m not very fond of doing my waterworks in front of people whom I just met.

Lunah opened as if she was about to dig in deep into the topic when Baecky let out a gasp.

“Oh god, I think my water just broke.”

Lunah and I exchanged a look and the next thing I knew, she was flipping out that I had—as calm as I could be but to be honest I’m not very calm myself—to slap her in her precious little face. She immediately composed herself. While supporting Baecky on her feet as she breathed in and out deeply, I instructed Lulu to call Chanyeol, who was by the way yards away from us talking animatedly with his newfound friends, Hongki and Yixing.

When the boys reached us, Hongki was already talking on the phone with the hospital. Chanyeol was immediately beside Baecky, asking her if she was okay. After making a constipated sound, she rolled her eyes at her husband and screamed, “Do I look like I’m okay?! Our baby is trying to rip his way out of my you idiot!” And then she was hitting him hard. Poor Chanyeol.

All the way to the hospital, I watched Baecky beat the out of Chanyeol. It’s a miracle he’s still her husband after all the cursing and punching he got. And don’t even get me started with her labor per se. Poor Chanyeol.

What love can do sometimes is amazing.

But you know what’s more amazing? When you hear that cry of a new life; when you get to watch the unfolding of a new chapter of life of at first was just two but now were three. That exhausted yet blissful smile painted on Baecky and Chanyeol’s face as they stared down adoringly at their child made me think: “This is what happiness means”.

“Hey,” Hongki whispered in my ear. He had his arm wrapped around my shoulders the whole time.

“Yeah?” I looked up at him.

“Should we go back to the hotel? Minsoo might be looking for us.”

“Yeah, we should do that.”

I smiled. He smiled back and reached for my hand. “Let’s go then.”

We were holding hands as we walked out of the hospital.

Everyone has his or her own definition of happiness. And mine, his standing right next to me.

 

 

6:30 P.M.

After dining, Hongki and I checked in a room at the hotel. It had two beds, a balcony and a bathroom you can sleep in if you want to.

Minsoo had already fallen asleep when I finished showering and blowing my hair dry. I found him on the bed with pillows on each of his sides while Hongki was lying on the other bed playing on his phone. When he saw me, he sat up abandoning his phone on the nightstand. “Hey you, ready to sleep?” he greeted with an excited grin. Why excited? Hmmm… I think I know why.

“We’re not sleeping together, if that’s what you’re expecting,” I said standing at the foot of the bed with my arms crossed.

“Oh, naughty much? How did you know I wanted to sleep with you? Were we thinking the same thing?” he smirked, showing one of his infamous fangs (I still don’t get why I found them y though).

I blushed vehemently, “You and I know I didn’t mean that kind of sleep! I m—meant it in a literal way!”

“Are you sure? You know because, hotel room, Minsoo sleeping, you fresh from shower, me in my boxers—“

I threw a pillow at him hiding my burning face behind my hair and went straight to the door, “I’m going to check in another room!”

I heard scrambling behind me and in a flash, Hongki was blocking my path laughing like a maniac he is, “Okay, okay I’m sorry! I get it… but are you sure? Coz I got my y boxers on?” he winked.

I passed by him glaring furiously, hoping to god my face isn’t red as I think it. I reached for the doorknob.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding!” he closes the door with a hand as he stood in front of me. I killed him with my eyes when they met his. He bit on his lower lip, stifling a laugh.

“It’s not funny,” I told him dead serious.

“It’s not?” he asked posing on an innocent face.

“You’re a jerk,” I shoved his shoulder giving a way for me to reach for the knob behind him but he recovered immediately and blocked the door again. “And you’re cute when you’re mad,” he teased.

“Move out of the way Lee Hongki,” I said sternly. “I’m not sleeping in the same room as you ever and nothing’s gonna stop me from doing that!”

“Really?” he raised a brow challengingly.

“Really,” I answered with all of my resolve. Nothing’s gonna stop me from walking out of this room! Nothing!

“Even if I do this?” he cupped my chin, his long fingers extending at the side of my neck sending delicious chills all over my body. He leaned in, his soft lips meeting mine.

I kissed back.

And we were making out—against the door. My hands were all over him and his hands were all over me. And when we pulled away from each other, we were out of breath.

“Even if you do that,” I whispered against his lips, my eyelids feeling heavy.

I feel him smirk and he kissed me again, only to cut it short by asking, “Are you sure?” His hot minty breath tickling my insides.

I bit my lips wanting more of him as I nodded, “Yeah, I’m sure.”

“Really?” he asked attacking my lips again…and then down to my neck. “No,” I sighed, losing all of my resolve earlier. The eagerness of his kiss, the speed of his breathing, the heat of his body against mine, it’s making me crazy. He’s a jerk, a delicious y jerk and I hate him for that.

“I hate you,” I breathe pulling away.   

“I love you too,” he chuckled victoriously.

I punched his chest playfully and stepped back. I started for the bed but stopped dead on tracks when I spotted little Minsoo standing at foot of the bed blinking his big innocent eyes at us. I gulped.

“, did he saw us?” Hongki whispered just beside me.

I shook my head, “I have no idea.”

We stared at Minsoo as he stared at us. God this is awkward, how do you explain to a one-year-old kid, what just happened? I mean how ironic for Minsoo to see us doing something rated-PG when we’re supposed to be his parental guidance.

Neither of us made a move, as if sizing up each other—like a lion waiting for a good time to sprang at a deer (Minsoo’s the lion and we’re the deer). I didn’t know how many seconds has passed before finally, Minsoo made a sound—a sound Hongki and dreaded for a long time now.

A sound coming from his .

“You’re turn,” I said to Hongki and he groaned helplessly.

 

 

 

 

A/N: YEY I UPDATED !!! sorry it's been such a long time TT___TT i suddenly missed writing this so here i am! don't get me wrong though, i'm still busy as hell (one year internship and all, damn i want a vacation) but i'll try to update as much as possible. thanks for all of you, my lovely subscribers and not to mention your beautiful comments <3 *i read the comments all over again, and i just had to write this chapter. love you guys ^^