Theories and Dates

You, Me and our Baby?!

Jiyeon’s POV:

It was Monday and as soon as I stepped inside the campus, I was on a mission to hunt down my best friend. First stop was her locker but she wasn’t there. Second was her first period room but she wasn’t still also. I only have fifteen minutes before my first class of the day starts; I need to find her quick! Why is she not picking up her phone argh!

Ah! I snapped my fingers immediately dialing another number. Jaejin!

On the third ring, he answered.Thank god! “Good morning noo—“

“Are you with Yoona?” I cut his cheerful voice off.

“Yeah wh—“

“Where are you now?”

“At the lobby, what’s g—“

“Stay there, don’t move, I’m coming over,” with that I pocketed my phone and dashed down to the lobby. In a minute, I was panting hard as I scanned the lobby for two familiar faces. When I spotted the lovebirds busy flirting at the corner, I hurried towards them like a bull and snatched Yoona’s wrist. “I’ll borrow your girlfriend first.”

Jaejin just blinked at us as I dragged Yoona away. In the hallway, out of Jaejin’s earshot, Yoona punched my arm lightly, “He’s not my boyfriend…yet.” She blushed as she added the last word. I rolled my eyes at her in disgust. But who could blame her, love can make you say and do revolting things.

“Hey listen, Yoona,” I let go of her wrist and faced her with a serious expression. “I’m scared.”

Yoona’s expression turned into a genuine concern, “Why? What’s the matter?”

“I think I’m falling for Hongki…again,” I shut my eyes close, waiting for Yoona’s explosive words to blow me to smithereens. I waited a few seconds but it didn’t came. When I peeked out with one eye, she was gone. My eyes flew wide open as I saw her couple of feet away from me charging up the staircase with a murderous aura.

“Hey where are you going?!” I called out rushing towards her like my was on fire.

“I’m going to kill him! I’m going to kill that head!”

“Hey, hey calm down,” I blocked her path with arms stretch to both side.

“No I will kill him! If it wasn’t for that kiss—“

“I think it’s not just because of the kiss, Yoona,” I admitted with a slight embarrassment.

Yoona blinked at me, her expression says her mind was still processing the new information. And then her expression softened. She sighed. “That bastard, he stole your first kiss, your first love and now, now,” she sighed again. “So it’s true huh? that first love never dies.”

I looked away blushing. “Ya, stop putting it that way.”

“So what do you wanna do now?” she gave me a concern look. I knew from the look on her eyes that she didn’t want the history to repeat itself. All those miserable days after Hongki practically crashed my heart to pieces. I cringed. I must be crazy to allow myself to feel this way again for the same guy.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged looking down on my feet.

There was a silence before I heard her snap her fingers. “I have an idea.”

I raised my head up to meet her eyes. I blinked at her questioningly.

“I admit I’ve been a ty best friend for convincing you to confess to an back then. But I won’t make the same mistake twice.”

“Sooo, what’s on your mind?” Somehow, I have the feeling that her idea is gonna put me in a trouble big time.

She smiled at me meaningfully, “Are you ready to enter the dating scene?”

 Uh—oh, I knew it.

 

 

Okay so Yoona had a theory that my feelings for Hongki might have been because I haven’t been with other guys in my entire life. She explained that my feelings might have been because he’s the only guy I’ve actually grown closed to (and the only guy I kissed so far), not to mention the fact that we’re living together and sharing responsibilities like a married couple. So she wanted me explore the dangerous water, infamously called the “dating scene”.

My best friend has a point, actually. Maybe my feelings for him now are the result of the lack of dating experience. Yes, I’ve never really tested the water for other fishes before. Well I admit that I’ve dreamed about going out with Jonghun multiple times but thinking about it know, I can safely conclude that I liked the guy like a normal fan admires her idol or—OR maybe I just didn’t really have the guts to take it to the next level. I’ve limited myself from liking him any further. Because I’ve done that before, I allowed myself to develop my feelings until I can’t control it anymore but it didn’t really pay off well, did it?

And so in the afternoon, after Yoona had made calls to few of her friends I’ve never heard of, I found myself being prepped by my best friend in my own room.

“Nope, I’m not going to wear that,” I stared in horror at the ridiculously short polka-dotted skirt Yoona has been waving at me for a while now. I do jeans or long skirts and dresses, but short skirts? Nope, just nope.

“Yes you will,” she insisted with a glare.

“Then I’m not going!” I folded my arms stubbornly.

“Oh yes you are,” she stepped forward. For a moment there, I thought she was gonna tackle me and forcefully put it on me. “Common, just this one time, puh-lease?” she batted her lashes.

I scowled at her, “I’ll catch cold if I wear that.”

She in a wisp of air between her teeth, instantly transforming her cute expression to an irritated one, “Are you going to let me help you or not?”

“Just don’t let me wear that, okay?” I pleaded. Now, it was my time to unleash my adorable side aka my almost non-existence aegyo.

“Hah, nice try but no. You have to wear this or I’m out,” she folded her arms and gave me a stern look.

Ghad she’s serious about making me wear this?! Aish! “Alright fine,” I raised my hands up in defeat.

“Yay!” she latched at me with glee. “You’re gonna look stunning with this I assure you!”

 

 

As soon as my best friend pushed me in front of the mirror, all I could do was to gap.

My usually wavy hair was as straight as anyone could ever imagine as it fell over my shoulders down to my waist with a flower bobby pin stuck above my left ear.

And…wait, is that mascara? Blush on? Pink lipstick? And don’t even ask me about my outfit. Though it may seem casual for other people’s eyes, to me, a peasant with a non-existent fashion statement, it looked over the top. Never in my wildest imagination did I ever think I would look this fashionable.

I was wearing a sleeveless white shirt (with rose printed pattern) tucked in a blue polka-dotted skirt and a pair of an open-toed blue wedge.

“Here,” Yoona slung a bright yellow handbag over my shoulder as I continued to gawk over my appearance. “And wear this too,” she added placing a white watch around my wrist.

“So what do you think?” she asked smiling giddily at our reflections.

“What have you done to me?” I breathed out.

“I brought out the goddess in you,” she winked. “Damn girl, I always you knew your legs are this long and gorgeous. I would kill for legs like those.”

 

 

“Hey Jiyeon where’s the…chil…li…sauce…” Hongki trailed off as he stared down, and back up at me. In his hand was a bowl of chips.

I blushed looking down at the living room floor. “It’s in the second cupboard to the fridge,” I mumbled as I tried to pull the skirt down. But it was to no avail. I’m pretty sure he’s going to laugh at how ridiculous I look any minute now.

But thankfully even before he could, Yoona came jogging down the stairs. “Hey, let’s go,” she hooked up her arm around mine. Even without looking at her, I could tell she was glaring at Hongki.

When I raised my head to meet Hongki’s eyes, he looked away clearing his throat. “Where are you going?” he asked afterwards as he sneaked a glance at me.

“We’re going on a group date,” Yoona chimed in with a broad smile. I froze. For some reason, I didn’t want him to know what we were up to.

Hongki raised an eyebrow as if asking me to confirm or deny the statement. I gulped.

“Uhhhh…” What do I say? What do I say?

“Isn’t that right, gorgeous?” I felt a nudged on my side.

Shut up, Yoona!

“Uhhh…” Why am I feeling nervous all of a sudden?

I snapped my head up when I heard a snicker. “Okay then, good luck on your date,” Hongki saluted two of his fingers still snickering as he turned his back on us and made his way to the couch.

My heart dropped.

I knew from the way Yoona was looking at me, that my expression gave away the bitterness and disappointed in my heart. What did I expect from him? He never liked me and he will never will. I knew better than to give meanings behind his empty words and actions.

“What an ,” Yoona whispered acidly as she tugged on my arm. “Let’s go, Yeon. Let’s find yourself a boyfriend ASAP.”

 

 

I was still in state of feeling blue when Yoona and I reached the café we were supposed to meet her friends, which of course included Jaejin, her date.

Jaejin was flabbergasted as soon as he saw me walk in the place. But his compliment and teasing didn’t seem to uplift my mood, like it was supposed to. Damn that Hongki.

Around the table were seven people, four girls and three boys, that include Jaejin, Yoona and myself. I sat between Yoona (who was beside Jaejin) and an empty sit.

I didn’t realize that I was spacing out the whole time until Yoona nudged me. I glanced at her sideways moving my lips away from the straw of my drink.

“Socialize,” she whispered in gritted teeth. “Look, I think that Minhyuk guy over there have his eyes on you.”

I doubt that, I thought but I followed my best friend’s gaze anyway. The guy was wearing a red and black plaid button down shirt. His messy hair was styled so that some of it almost covered his left eye. He has a pair of chubby cheeks that I might want to pinch if it wasn’t for my foul mood. And when he smiles his eyes turn to crescent moon. Overall, he was very attractive and not to mention, really tall. His taller than Jaejin, which means he’s taller than Hongki as well.

I almost banged my knees on the table when the Minhyuk guy caught me staring at him. He smiled. I gulped. Wow, he’s cute.

“See,” Yoona whispered again. I rolled my eyes. I doubt a guy like that would even like me. If he has his eyes on me, he should’ve sit beside me already. But no he has not.

“Hongki-hyung?”

Yoona and I simultaneously turned our heads to Jaejin.

My eyes popped out of their sockets when I saw who just entered the café.

, what’s he doing here?!

 

 


;DDDD