Minsoo's first birthday

You, Me and our Baby?!

COLLEGE SOPHOMORE YEAR.

Hongki’s POV:

Okay so today was my niece’s birthday. So here I am, at the mall with no single clue of what to buy for him. His name’s Minsoo by the way. That boy’s such a treasure I tell you. Well anyway let’s not talk about him for now. The real question right here is what should I buy him? A stuff toy? But that’s so gay. Skateboard maybe? But he’s still a baby. Or baby food? But that can’t last and I’m sure they have lots of that at home. Ugh this is frustrating! WHAT DO I ING BUY HIM?!

I was exiting the department store raking my red hair (which I dyed ever since I entered college) in exasperation, when I saw a familiar figure stepping out of the elevator. She grimaced when she saw me and started darting towards the opposite direction.

I smirked. I see you Jiyeon~ you can’t run away from me now~.

Before I lose my prey, I dashed towards her like a hungry panther.

“Hi baby,” I greeted snaking an arm around her waist. In my surprise, she actually has curves—nonetheless she’s still a geek.

She gasped shuddering. “Get away from me you jrek!” she exclaimed furiously as soon she recovered from shock. She’s really funny when she’s angry you know, her face always turns red and that one big vein on her forehead always show up like it was going to explode or something. I think that’s my main goal in life, until her vein blast. I bet it’ll be funny.

I run effortless as she scampered away, “Hey baby, look I’m sorry okay. Baby, please forgive! I LOVE YOU!”

She looked at me in horror. Uh oh I think the vein’s gonna explode any minute now.

“Shut up Lee Hongki,” she hissed bowing her head. “Everyone’s looking at us.”

“NO BABY! DON’T BREAK UP WITH ME! I’LL DO EVERYTHING!” I clutched my chest threatening to cry for more effects. You see, I’m good at acting. Well aside from my voice, that’s kinda like the second reason why I’m in the art department. I’m not really good in studying as oppose to my older brother, who is a lawyer. Like wtf right?

She gave me a warning look like ‘If you don’t stop I will scratch your eyes out’. But like I always do, I ignored it. “I’ll do everything please,” I seized her wrist like how they do it in those dramas and spun her around.

“Forgive him already,” I heard a girl from the curious by standers say.

“How can you be so heartless? You’re boyfriend’s practically begging you,” another one said.

“Yeah and you’re boyfriend’s hot. How can you not forgive him?”

A small smirked formed on my lips watching how Jiyeon’s face morphed in disbelief.

“I really hate you,” she said grating her teeth.

“I know baby,” I smiled holding my laughter. Man, I love teasing her.

 

 

“Stop following me,” Jiyeon turned her head over to my direction, annoyance plastered all over her face.

“I’m not following you. I just want to know where you will buy Minsoo’s gift. I don’t have any idea what to buy for him,” I said shifting my eyes from the elsewhere to her.

She glared at me before turning her head to the front, “Well you could have looked it up on the internet, it might have saved me from the humiliation you did earlier.”

I snickered, “Humiliation? You should be thankful you know, everyone thought I was your boyfriend.”

She looked over her shoulder and laughed, “Boy, you know how to joke Hongki.”

“Girls love my humor,” I winked and smiled at her. She gritted her teeth before entering a baby shop. I followed her inside. Wow, the place was filled with—baby things. For some reason, the place gave me creeps… I feel really old for some reason.

“How may I help you sir?” a girl with a long black hair and humongous s (I think she might have been D-cup) blocked my way.

“Well that depends on how you define help,” I said switching on my flirt button. I saw Jiyeon roll her eyes at the corner of my vision as I moved closer to the D-cup girl.

After the flirting and exchanging of numbers, I approached Jiyeon at the counter. She was already paying for her gift, which was already wrapped in a colorful box.

That is what you’re going to give Minsoo?” she raised an eyebrow judgingly at the beanbag on my hand.

“What?” I blinked a few times. “It’s what she suggested I buy. I trust her, she’s a D-cup. She can feed 12 kids with that including her husband.”

She gawked at me disgustingly before shaking her head. “Nevermind. Here, you should probably add it to your gift. Aside from it being safer, it looks more personalized. Also, I don’t trust a suggestion from a girl with an enormous mammary gland.”

She pushed a fluffy toy microphone (which was almost like the size of Minsoo) and blue guitar toy that produces animal sounds, towards me and then exited the shop without saying a word.

I examined the toys for a while and smiled. “I’ll get the mic and guitar,” I said to the guy behind the counter.

“You’re not going to get the bean bag, sir?” he confirmed.

“Nope, I won’t,” I answered. For some reason, I can’t stop the ridiculous smile from forming all over my face.

 

~~~~~

That afternoon, Shinhye and Yonghwa’s house were packed with their friends. Almost all of their friends were already married as well and some have kids running around the house. The only teenagers or let’s just say young adults there were Jiyeon, Yoona, Hongki, Jonghun plus the three younger members of FT Island—Hongki and Jonghun’s so called infamous band, Jaejin (who is a college freshman), Seunghyun and Minhwan (both of which were senior in high school). 

“Jagiya, help me with the cake,” Yonghwa called from the kitchen.

“Coming, jagi,” Shinhye sing-songed and handed her baby to Jiyeon. “It’ll just take a sec.”

“No prob, take your time unnie,” Jiyeon said before her sister rushed to the kitchen. She carried the little blue bear in one arm. “Hi Minsoo-ya,” she cooed as poked the baby’s puffy cheek. He cackled in response.

“Awww he’s so cute I want to cry,” Yoona said shaking Minsoo’s little fingers which wrapped around her thumb.

“She has Yonghwa-hyung’s eyes and Shinhye-unnie’s nose,” the two girls heard Jaejin’s voice. When they looked up, five good-looking guys were approaching them. Jonghoon went over to Jiyeon’s side, which made her blush—this didn’t escape Hongki’s hawk eyes of course. He just smirked at Jiyeon while she glared at him in response.

Jaejin went over to Yoona’s side, which also made her blush. Okay so, despite the fact that Yoona is a year older than Jaejin, she has totally fallen head over heels with him. Of course, Jaejin doesn’t know. And Yoona on the other hand doesn’t know he likes her too. Jiyeon knew about their secret but she kept shut about it. She wanted them to find out about it themselves because that’s more fun right?

“Hey he’s eyes are more like mine!” Hongki argued as he, Minhwan and Seunghyun crowded around Minsoo. “And what the hell is wrong with Yonghwa-hyung, he just made his boy wear a ridiculous bear costume!”

“Ya, it’s not ridiculous! It’s cute!” Jiyeon snapped at Hongki.                  

“Agoogoogoo~ Bah!” Minhwan cooed making weird faces in futile attempt to make the baby laugh. “Bah!”

Minsoo just looked at him with his curious big eyes.

Seunghyun laughed at his best friend. “Dude that’s not how you do it. Watch me. Buing buing~! Buing buing~!”

“Ugh stop that Seunghyun, it’s disgusting,” Hongki stuck his tongue out.

“Minsoo’s clearly not amused of what you just did Seunghyun. Never do it again,” Jonghun said shaking his head.

“What about this? Hing~ MINANI~!” Minhwan exclaimed unleashing his aegyo powers. Yoona and Jiyeon giggled (whose girl in their right mind wouldn’t fall for Minani?!) while the other four just rolled their eyes. If Minsoo could, he must have rolled his eyes too but all he could do was to watch the stupid adults around him.

“Geez you guys, this is how you do it,” Hongki shoved the younger boys’ faces away and took Minsoo from Jiyeon. He hoisted him up making a rocket noise before bringing him down immediately to his face and bumping their noses. Minsoo laughed in glee as Hongki repeated what he did.

“Hey Hongki careful,” Jiyeon’s brows were furrowed as she held up her hands making sure to catch her niece if Hongki slipped his hands or something. “Okay okay stop right now Hongki! He’s gonna puke all over your face.”

“Aunt’s a total kill joy isn’t she?” Hongki cooed as he rubbed his nose to Minsoo’s. He cackled again as if understanding what Hongki just said. “See, even Minsoo agrees with me.”

Everyone was watching them as Hongki effortlessly bumped him up and down despite Jiyeon’s million protests.

“Weird, if I didn’t know both of you, I’ll probably think you’re his mom and dad,” Seunghyun said. Hongki and Jiyeon froze giving him a look of horror. Thankfully, before Hongki could pummel him to death, Yonghwa and Shinhye entered the dining area with a single layered 20x16’’ cake decorated with animals and trees, singing the birthday song.

Everyone else joined in. Hongki placed Minsoo on the high chair while the couple settled the cake on the table in front of him. When the song finished both Yonghwa and Hongki blew the cake for Minsoo, who immediately grabbed a handful of cake and started shoving it in his mouth. Everyone laughed at the messed he did as the little punk giggled and ate merrily.

Pictures were taken while some people watched Minsoo and some were already digging in. After Shinhye, Yonghwa and Minsoo took a family picture, Shinhye insisted on taking a picture of Hongki, Jiyeon and Minsoo together.

The two complied without argument since both adore Minsoo like no other.

Hongki and Jiyeon bended their upper bodies down leveling their faces to the boy.

“Kimchi,” Shinhye exclaimed as she clicked on the capture button. As soon as she did, Hongki put an icing on Jiyeon’s nose making her exclaim in anger, “YA!”

In the photo, Minsoo, with icing all over his face was giggling. Hongki was laughing his off as well while Jiyeon looked like an angry tomato—with an icing on her nose.

 

 


P.S. Anticipate for the next chapter! thanks for the subs and comments everyone :D