Pride

You, Me and our Baby?!

Hongki’s POV:

, that girl kneed me hard.

But I guess I deserved that. I was being a coward. Even I am annoyed with how I spurted out words I never meant to say to her.

Again.

I had reasons though. First, I didn’t know how to put into words what I really felt. If I haven’t told you, I was never the kind of guy who confess to a girl first and never did I ever dealt with a girl who made my heart do backflips without so much of an effort. Second, that one particular girl likes my best friend and knowing that, I couldn’t take a step forward. I knew Jonghun when he likes someone and as I thought back, there was this time when he became interested with her. Like he’s asking too much about her and I thought I caught him staring at her with much intensity in his eyes once or twice. But then again, he kind of stopped after a while. Maybe it was just my imagination or something. Lastly, I’m not much of a romanticist, but I really didn’t want to confess to my possibly “first love” in a public toilet so yeah that’s decided.

But then again, I knew those were just excuses. I am really a coward. Dammit Hongki, pick up your freaking balls and go apologize to her and say…say…say anything that comes into your mind about your feelings.

After the pep talk, I limped my way to the table, which I found empty except for Jaejin. “What’s happening? Where’s everyone?” I asked bewildered.

“They’re outside,” he answered. “You wouldn’t believe what just happened hyung.”

I raised a brow. “What?”

“Jiyeon noona suggested we go clubbing,” he revealed in amusement.

I gawked at him. “WHAT?!”

He chuckled, “That’s what I thought. I couldn’t believe my ears earlier either. Let’s go before they leave us, hyung.”

 


 

I’m convinced…

That she’s mad…very mad…

And that I am being ignored.

Dammit, I cursed inside my head as I observed her with the Minhyuk guy walking few feet away from me.

The girl hasn’t really given me a look since we’ve left the cafe. And when I tried to talk to her earlier, she just stared at me as if I wasn’t even there. She just went back talking to that Minhyuk guy. And it wasn’t just talking, it’s as if she’s flirting with him. I’ve never witness her flirt with anyone before but I know flirting when I see it. I know because I’m a master of it.

My eyes turned to slits and nearly tackled the tall guy, if it wasn’t for the arm wrapped around mine, when he whispered something to her and made her giggle.

“Are you alright?” I heard a girl’s voice ask. I turned beside me and finally noticed a girl with a pair of big brown eyes. So that explained the arm wrapped around mine. How it found its way there, I don’t even know. But wait, who is she again? I racked my brain for an answer. Fortunately, I found one. Oh! Yeah, the girl on my left earlier. What’s her name again? Mira? Mina? Mini?

“Why wouldn’t I be alright?” I asked her, hopefully sounding nonchalant about it as I watched Jiyeon on my peripherals.

“I don’t know, you kinda went rigid and stopped walking,” she answered. That caught my attention and finally turned my full attention on her, which only lasted for like a few seconds. “Oh I’m sorry, don’t mind me. Should we keep going?”

She looked at me as if debating if it was a great idea to be paired up with me in this so called “group date” but I guess my oh so good looking face won after all because she just shrugged her shoulders and nodded. “Sure, let’s go.” 

 


 

Wow never in my wildest dream did I ever thought I could sulk like this in a club. You see, club is my place to be. I belong there. I’m supposed to be the center of the party. But how could I enjoy when in front of me was the most infuriating and agonizing scene written in the history of mankind.

Remember when I said Jiyeon couldn’t flirt to save a country? Well apparently, I’m wrong about that.

What’s up with the constant whispering on each other’s ears and giggling huh?! What’s up with that?! And add to that the fact that she haven’t even glanced at me just once!

I get it okay, she’s mad at me for insulting her like that. She wants to prove that I was wrong. Yes, I get that but I was just—lying. Aish! Fine, okay, she won! I admit defeat! *waves white flag*

Enough of sulking, I need to stop this madness or she’ll end up in that punk’s bed tonight.

I was about to stand up from my seat when Yoona’s voice came, “Hey Hongki, could you get us some more drinks? We’re out.” She gestured at the empty bucket and pitcher to prove her point.

I frowned at her and was about to complain when Jaejin stood up and pushed me out of the couch, “I’ll go with you hyung.”

With Jaejin dragging me by the arm, I gave one last look at Jiyeon (ignoring the fact that she’s seated beside that mothering giant). My face dropped. She’s still ignoring me.

At the bar, Jaejin ordered for the booze before turning to me, “You’re unusually quiet hyung.”

I raised a brow at him, putting on my poker face as I drunk from my beer, “I’m not.”

“Yes you are, you’re just quietly sitting there, watching Jiyeon noona flirt with her date.”

“I’m not watching her,” I said defensively. “And you call that flirting, puh-lease! That’s child play.”

He smiled wryly, “Whatever you say hyung but seriously, I may not have known you for a long time just like Jonghun hyung do, but I could tell there’s something about the way you look at her and yes everyone could tell you’re watching her.”

I coughed nearly spitting my drink, “What? What are you even saying? You’re drunk Jaejin, go home.”

He chuckled, “I’m not, if I was, I would’ve been making out with you instead of talking.”

I grimaced at him, “Not funny, dude.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s a bad joke,” he shook his head making a face, maybe remembering that puke-inducing act he did in the past. “Anyway, stop denying hyung. She’s not going to be available forever you know that, so start moving your lazy .” 

I scoffed at him, “Said the guy who took him two years to finally ask the girl he likes on a date.”

He laughed, “You’re right. That’s why you should consider my advice even more. Those two years I tell you.”

“Here you go,” the bar tender interrupted placing two buckets of beers in front of us.

“Thanks,” Jaejin slapped the money on the counter and turned to me again, “Think about it hyung, before it’s too late. You’ve got some serious competition there.” He nodded to our table just as when Minhyuk got Jiyeon’s hand and dragged her to the packed dance floor.

That’s when I noticed that the music had turned into a slow RnB song. My heart almost leaped out of my chest when I saw Minhyuk bridged the gap between. He guided her arms around his neck and then settled his hands on her hips. I didn’t see how she reacted for he had inclined towards her ear and whispered something—again(ghad! What’s up with the constant whispering?!).

With a hand on her waist, his other hand moved to tuck a hair behind her ear, and then leaned in dangerously close to her lips. That made something inside snap. Everything suddenly went red and in a flash, I was charging towards them like a bull and BAM! I smacked the tall guy right on his pretty face. The crowd immediately parted to make way for his landing on the floor.

“Oops, sorry my hand slipped,” I hovered above him.

“What the hell are you doing Hongki?!” Jiyeon yelled surprised. Finally, her eyes found mine, but sadly, hers showed anger.

“I told you my hand slipped,” I managed to reply flatly, though I really wanted to beat the crap out of the punk and upbraid her about what she’s getting herself into. I thought she knew better than this?! The guy’s obviously taking advantage of her lack of experience.

“Are you kidding me right now?” she retorted unbelievingly. “You just freaking punched him right on the face and his…his about to…” her voice wavered not finishing what she was about to say.

But, unfortunately, I knew what she was going to say and it made my blood boiled even more. “Are you ing kidding me?! You can’t be serious on kissing him, are you?!”

She looked away unsure, for a second there I felt hopeful. Tell me I’m wrong, tell me you’re not thinking about kissing him please. But when she stared back at me, all I could see in her used to be warm dark eyes was coldness, “Why do you care? It’s not like you’re my boyfriend or anything. You don’t have anything to do with me so stop messing with everything that’s got to do with me, especially this—this date—this once chance.” She whispered her last words, I was sure it was only me who have heard it.

I stared at her stunned.

She didn’t deny it.

That slashed through my heart.

I wasn’t her boyfriend. Of course, I know that. But to hear that I don’t have anything to do with her? That I’m messing this date up for her, when in fact I only watched on the sideline until it escalated on the level that I couldn’t tolerate anymore?

I may have been a coward but I still have my pride.

I could only take just as much.

Fine, she could do whatever she wants. I don’t care anymore.

You’re right. I’m sorry,” I slumped my shoulder down and turned around without looking at her. “I’m out of here.”

 

 

 

 


P.S. So sorry i haven't updated for a while. I've been busy with school and spazzing over the kpop concert held here in our country, omg i saw three of my favorite groups in one night (it's bap, block b and btob) ;A; i still haven't got over it but my feels kinda died down a bit so i've decided to write again kekeke

i'm sorry again and sorry for making hongki as coward as OTL i hope you get why he's acting like that after reading this chapter ;D  Also next chapter will be Jiyeon's POV so i could explain more of her feelings and naivity teehee~

anyway thanks for the new subbies and for all the lovely comments i love y'all <3