Blazing Fire

You, Me and our Baby?!

Jiyeon’s POV:

“Soooooo…where’s Hongki?”

“Oh my god! Yoona!” I almost jumped out of my skin when her voice came whispering on my ear. I shut my locker and faced her gritting my teeth, “Don’t do that again. I think I just lost ten years of my life.”

She laughed hooking her arm around mine as we walked to the cafeteria to get our lunch. At our table, as she devoured her salad she asked again, “But seriously where’s your boyfriend?”

I almost spat the juice I was drinking at the word ‘boyfriend’. “Boyfriend? What boyfriend?” I stuttered, my eyes blinking rapidly.

“Hongki, your boyfriend,” she answered a matter-of-factly.

“What? He’s not my boyfriend,” I laughed half-heartedly.

“Oh common, stop denying.”

“I’m not, I just—I’m not sure if he is now my boyfriend.”

Yoona sighed and rubbed her temples. “You’re not sure? Why what happened? Was our little scheme useless?”

“No, it’s just that…” I bit my lip.

“What? Tell me!” she demanded.

“Okay, okay, calm down! I’ll tell you everything.”

 

 

FLASHBACK.

“Do you have this too?” Hongki asked as he stood in the middle of Minsoo’s lighted room.

I was silent and was unconsciously gripping the key in my palm as he made his way towards me, I only realized what I’ve been doing for I don’t know thirty, sixty seconds when he touched my hand. Electricity surged throughout my body with just one touch. He held on my wrist as he brought it up and gently peeled off my fingers.   

He picked up the key in my hand and examined it, his hand still wrapped around my wrist.

“I think it’s the same key,” he said after a moment before his brown lovely eyes found mine. “Do you know what this means?”

He doesn’t know? I thought searching his eyes. Like the rare times, they were unreadable. If I tell him what it means and I assumed wrong, I would make a total fool of myself. I will be rejected—again. I don’t know if my heart can even take it anymore. And what if this is just Yoona and others making fun of us? Like telling us how idiotic we are because after all we’ve been through, the keys were just with us the whole time.

But…but, what if I assumed right?

Hongki must have given up waiting for my answer so he revealed as he let go of my wrist, “I know what it means.”

I blinked at him, “You know?” I know a lot of possible meanings of it too but I’m not sure which one. But to be honest, I want my assumption before I came running here to be true. I hope it were the truth.

“Yeah,” he smirked. “Those guys were probably making fun of us. They made us do all those stuff for the key, which in fact was just, in my case, in my jacket’s pocket. Remind me tomorrow I have to kill them.”

Something inside shuttered into millions of pieces. It was my heart.

Of course, that was the only meaning of all of this.

“Right,” was the only word I could let out before turning back to the hallway to my room.

I could feel the hot tears forming in my eyes as I left. How many times does my heart has to break before I realize being in love with him is a lost cost? How many times do I have to shed tears before I realized he will never return my feelings? Why do I keep doing this to myself? Why do I keep making false hope?

“Hey wait.”

I halted just above the staircase as I felt his hand wrapped around my wrist. I turned to him wiping the tears with my palm, “What?”

He blinked at me surprised, maybe by the fact that I was crying. His shock was short live because before I knew it, he was pulling me into his arms. I landed on his chest and I felt my oxygen run out.

“I’m sorry,” I heard him say through the fast drumming of his heart. His embrace was strong and certain as if he didn’t want to let me go and if he did, I’m afraid I might break anyway.

Does your heart always race like this when I’m with you? I thought almost as if I heard it from my own mouth.

Hongki suddenly pulled away but he was still holding onto my shoulders. He blinked at me surprised but then snickered, “What?”

Oh wait, .

“I said that out loud didn’t I?” I asked him, he nodded smiling, yet there was a hint of embarrassment on his eyes. I bit the insides of my cheeks mumbling a sorry.

“It’s okay,” he said his lips curled into a tiny amused smile. “But to answer your question, yes, it does. My heart always race like this when I’m with you.”

I blushed staring at my feet.

“You’re blushing,” he said. He was probably grinning.

“I’m not,” I denied flushing even more.

“You know what I always wanted to do when you blush?”

I refuse to look up but I did anyway. “What?” I asked.

He gently brushed my hair away from my face and cupped my chin. “This,” he said before leaning into my lips. His lips were warm and soft and tender. And as we moved our lips and kiss deepened, it made me feel like I was his world.

You know when they say that the first kiss with someone you love felt like there was some explosion or fireworks inside your head.

This wasn’t.

It felt more like a fire slowly blazing from inside out.   

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

 

Yoona whacked the back of my head as soon as I finished relying my tale.

“Ouch, what was that for?” I complained rubbing my head.

“That is for over thinking,” she said crossing her arms. “I know you’re inexperience when it comes to dating but not being sure if he was your boyfriend is just plain stupid. He is your boyfriend so stop doubting yourself.”

“But…but he never even asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend. Well, it’s not that I don’t want to, I just—I needed to know if we were official. Yes, you might have given us a clue of what we feel for each other, but—but I want to hear those words directly from him. I want to hear that he wanted me to be his girlfriend, I don’t want it to be just assumptions or just another meaningless kiss.”

She whacked my head again.

“Ouch stop that!”

“First, that kiss wasn’t meaningless and you know that. Second, hello? His racing heart? Earth to Jiyeon, he’s in love with you. And thirdly, just because he didn’t say the words ‘will you be my girlfriend’ doesn’t mean you’re not dating. Sometimes, actions are more important than words, Jiyeon.”

I nodded staring at my hands. “I know, I just—I want to hear it directly from him. As cheesy as it seems, I wanna hear him ask that cheesy question. And as needy as it seems, I wanna hear him say he loves me so I wouldn’t doubt everything that has happened.”

Yoona stared at me and sighed. “I understand. You just need to wait. Remember that you’re not the only noob in your relationship.”

I looked up at my best friend and almost laughing. “Yeah, I know.”

 

 

 


A\N: Hmmm... this is short, don't worry i'll be updating again soon (i hope) :D 

sooooooooo..... how was the kissing slash fiyah scene?