Her sister’s boyfriend’s brother

You, Me and our Baby?!

HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN YEAR.

Jiyeon’s POV:

I was curled up like a ball in my bed, tears streaming down my cheeks. I really am pathetic, aren’t I? I knew I shouldn’t have done it. Look at what happened now?

There was a knock on my door. “Ji Yeon-ah?”

Oh-uh. Unnie’s here.

I abruptly sat up wiping the tears away, turned the lampshade on, grabbed the book on the nightstand and composed myself, “Yep. Why?”

The door opened and revealed the only family I have, my sister, Shinhye.

I smiled at her as she walked in.

“Ya have you been crying?” her tone was worried. “Your eyes are puffy.”

“Kinda,” I answered as she sat beside me. “Nicholas Sparks really knows how to capture a maiden’s heart.”

“Silly,” my sister laughed. “Hey, are you okay?”

“Why wouldn’t I?” I gave her an innocent look.

“It’s just that you look down these past few days and it makes me worry about you. You could tell me anything, you know. I’m your sister.”

I smiled appreciatively at her, “I’d tell you if something’s up, okay?”

She sighed, “You should. I wouldn’t want you hiding stuff from me. Especially when it comes to boys, alright? I should be the first to know.”

“Alright, alright. Anyway how are things with you and your boyfriend?”

“Well it’s good, everything’s going smooth. And he has a name, it’s Yonghwa. Oh! That reminds me, we’ll be celebrating his birthday tomorrow at their house, and you should come. We’ve been together almost three months and you haven’t met him yet.”

“You know I don’t like meeting your boyfriends. It makes me uncomfortable. They tend to ask soooo many questions,” I frowned.

“They just wanted to know more about you, my sister. Hey, you should be more comfortable with Yonghwa coz I really think he’s ‘the one’,” she said clasping her hands together dreamily. “I’m sure you’ll see more of him in the future.”

I sighed, “I don’t like talking about myself with some random guys. You already know that, unnie. And excuse me, but I’ve heard that several times before how can I be sure it’s not just another bluff you say?”

“It’s not a bluff, I promise. He’ll be the guy I’ll marry,” her eyes were twinkling as she said the last sentence. It’s the first time I’ve seen her act like this while talking about a guy. Boy, she really must have fallen for him bad. I must meet this guy.

“Okay you’ve convinced me, I’ll go,” I surrendered.

“Yay! That’s my girl!” she jumped up from my bed clapping. She was grinning at me like a silly child.

I rolled my eyes, “Sometimes I wonder if you’re really older than me.”

“Whatever,” she stuck her tongue before leaving. “Goodnight! Sweet dreams little sis!”

I smiled. “You too! And stop yelling ‘Yonghwa saranghae’ in your sleep!”

I heard her laugh, “I will, if you stop snoring!”

“Shut up! I don’t snore!” I yelled putting back the book I was holding on the nightstand and turning the lampshade off. I sighed as I sunk back into my bed. I must sleep and must not think about that bad memory ever again.

 

 

“Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday to you~ Happy Birthday dear Yonghwa~ Happy Birthday to you~!” everyone clapped as they finished singing in harmony.

Every single people in the room were my sister and her boyfriend’s friends. That part she omitted when she invited me. I didn’t have an idea that there would be a lot of people in here who knows every single one of them except me. Now, I’m left with no one to talk to since my sister is tending her friends. If I have known, I would have dragged Yoona with me.

Yonghwa’s apartment is actually big and classy. Boy, it looks expensive. For pete’s sake the big glass walling of their living room gives a bird’s eye view of the whole City of Seoul. Is he alone in here? The place looks big for one person. I heard he’s an orphan too. Where did he get all this luxurious stuff?

I was sitting on a barstool beside the breakfast table enjoying myself a slice of strawberry cake when I felt someone approaching me.

“Jiyeon-ssi?” Yonghwa asked leaning his back on the counter.

I smiled at him nodding.

“Nice to finally meet my girlfriend’s sister,” he beamed. His eye smile reminded me of someone, but I couldn’t point it out just yet. “She talks about you a lot.”

“Well fair enough. She talks about you too a lot and I mean a lot. Especially when she’s asleep, she’s like ‘Yonghwa. Yonghwa-oppa! Saranghae!’” I acted out how my sister said it while she was sleeping. I swear I was rolling on the floor laughing when I first saw her did that. It was priceless.

He laughed heartily. “Seriously?”

“Yep, you should’ve seen her,” I said a matter-of-factly.

“Hey, looks like you two finally met each other,” my sister interjected as she joined us in the kitchen. “What’s so funny huh?”

“Well your sister’s just telling me about your sleeping habits,” Yonghwa said smiling at us.

My sister gasped as she shot an accusing look at me, “You didn’t.”

I sneered at her, “I did. And I especially highlighted the times when you sleep shout—not just talking but shout.”

“I hate you, you know that,” she narrowed her eyes as if trying to shoot daggers on my direction.

“I know, that’s why we’re sisters right?”

Yonghwa laughed again enjoying our little sisterly mockery.

“Hey, I thought you’re brother’s here?” my sister asked.

Oh so he has a brother. I knew he doesn’t live here alone.

“He said he’ll gonna be here any minute. Oh there he is… Hongki-ah!”

Eehhhhh???? O_O Is my ears deceiving me or did I hear him say Hongki? As in Lee Hongki. Oh god, Lee Yonghwa. Holy mother of cows. No.

I turned my head to the direction Yonghwa was looking. No way. Approaching us is none other than my heart breaker. Lee Hongki.

“Hey, Happy Birthday Hyung. Sorry I just got home,” he smiled at his brother then he turned to my sister. “Oh hey there, my beautiful sister-in-law.”

My sister simpered.

What the hell did she just do? She is not my sister.

Yonghwa smacked Hongki’s head.

“Ouch! What the hell hyung?!”

“Ya you complimenting my girl doesn’t obliterate the fact that you didn’t go home last night. And are you aware that you smell like a club? Go get some shower, you stink.”

“Yeah hyung, that’s the smell of youth,” Hongki took a deep breathe smiling, as if savoring the smell of mixed alcohol, girls’ perfume and vomit maybe? I don’t know, I haven’t been in a club.

Yonghwa was gritting his teeth but Hongki was oblivious of this. May I add the fact that he still is unaware about my existence.

“Yonghwa-ya, give your brother a break,” in a second there my sister calmed the about to erupt Mt. Yonghwa.

I looked at my sister is disbelief. Give him a break? What the hell is she thinking? She is not my sister. But at least she calmed Yonghwa down. Still, a part of me is hoping he hasn’t calmed down and give Hongki a piece of how older brother works.

“Anyway before you get a shower, this is Shinhye’s sister, Jiyeon,” Yonghwa said while Hongki finally took notice of me.

At first, his eyes showed his surprise, but it was only for a second. The next thing I knew he was smiling, smiling at me as if a he just found his prey. I can totally smell the evilness reek out from his body. “Wow what a pleasant surprise. Jiyeon.”

I forced out a smile.

“Oh so you knew each other?! OMG! That’s amazing!” my sister eyes’ twinkled in excitement.

“Yeah how could I not know her,” Hongki gave me brief a taunting look. “She’s the—

I hold onto my breath waiting for his next words.

“—top of our class.”

OH THANK GOD! I though he was going to tell them about my confession.

“Oh that’s good. Maybe you could tutor this head sometimes. He’s really not good with studying,” Yonghwa said patting Hongki’s head.

“That’ll be wonderful!” my sister chirped in as she clapped excitedly. “Maybe we could get dinner too! Just the four of us!”

NO! NO! NO! What are you saying unnie?! D:

“Yeah we should,” Yonghwa agreed.

Hongki chuckled, “Well isn’t that wonderful. Right, Jiyeon? It’s like a double date.”

I remained silent pondering on two things: how should I slowly kill my sister for suggesting such an idea and how to claw Hongki’s eyes out without making a mess on the polished floor of their luxurious apartment.

“Well let’s set a date then,” my sister exclaimed.