Family Date

You, Me and our Baby?!

~~~~~

“Tell me why I am wearing this shirt again? People are looking at us.”

Jiyeon shifted uncomfortably on her feet as she tried to cover the print on her white shirt, in which she paired with black skinny jeans and converse. It was Sunday and just what Hongki has planned they were going to the zoo with Minsoo. The trip seemed like a good idea until Hongki brought up the family set t-shirt they got free after buying four kilos of unnecessary meat at the grocery.

“Because it’s our family day! AND, it would be a waste not to use the shirts. It’s kinda cute,” the former redheaded man and currently the silver-head wriggled his eyebrows.

Jiyeon frowned, “I never knew you’re this cheesy. And what’s with the bizarre hair color it makes us stand out even more.”

“I cut it too you know,” he informed as if it even mattered. He has a silver hair for god’s sakes, who would even take interest in his haircut. “Looks nice right? I look like I was pulled out from an anime!”

She gave him a strange look, “And your purpose is?”

“To be unique of course,” he bumped his fist on his chest twice, kissed it and threw it in the air.

Jiyeon shook her head, “It’s alright to admit you just want more attention. Unique, my .”

“You’re right. Your ’s unique too. It’s kinda cute, not that big, not too small either. Maybe because you’re a virgi—AWWW!” Hongki cried out in pain as Jiyeon purposely stepped on his foot on her way up to the bus.

“Oh, sorry I didn’t see your foot there,” she said without even looking back.

“Hey, wait up!” Hongki called after her, “Aren’t you going to help me with Minsoo’s stroller?”

“Nope.”

 

 

Since Seoul Zoo is a pretty large park, the needed to take a bus from the main entrance to get to their first stop, the Marine pavilion, where one can view dolphins, sea lions and well—other marine animals. At first Hongki was insisting on taking the sky lift but since they do not allow children four and below on the deck, they settled on the taking the bus instead.

On the map guide of the zoo, visitors could take four paths. The tiger path, where one could view tigers of course, lions, crocodiles, bears and other beast of the wild along the way. There’s the horn owl path too where most birds are viewed. The third would be the deer path wherein one could view or feed baby and other docile animals. The last path and the path that Jiyeon and Hongki have chosen was the dolphin path.

It was obvious that Minsoo enjoyed watching the sea lion since every time he clapped, the animal would copy him. It made not only him laugh but even Hongki and Jiyeon were amused and laughing too.

After being satisfied by touching one of the dolphins, Hongki finally decided to move on to viewing the pandas and bears. It wasn’t long when he tugged on Jiyeon and dragged her and Minsoo to the Beast pavilion where there were tigers, pumas and leopards. However, when one tiger snarled at them, Minsoo started bawling and they didn’t have a choice but to abandon the tiger path.

In the end, they finally strolled their way on the deer path or what they called the African adventure.

At the children’s playground near the cranes and swans aviary, they stopped for a quick lunch at a burger stand when someone shouted out from out of nowhere, “WATCH OUT!”

Hongki was of course the first to look. When he saw a Frisbee coming up their way, he stepped beside Minsoo’s stroller covering it with his body and then pulled Jiyeon in front of him until he was practically hugging her, and whirled around.

He winced as the Frisbee hit his back.

It happened so fast that it didn’t even occur to Jiyeon that Hongki had his arms actually around her. “Oh my god, are you okay?” she inspected the silver-haired man with worry.

For a moment, Hongki paused surprised by the concern in her eyes. But then he smiled, “I will be, if you kiss my pain away.”

Jiyeon stepped back and pushed him off her, blushing not only because of what he said but also because she finally realized their proximity. “Shut up,” she mumbled.

“Oh my god, are you alright?” a woman about forties with apologetic expression on her face came jogging to them. “I’m sorry, it wasn’t supposed to fly this far. I told my sons not to throw it that far. I’m really sorry about that.”

Hongki shook his head coolly and smiled, “Naaa, it’s okay. I’m alright… Let’s go, geek.”

“Uhmmm yeah! Coming!”

 

 

It was already five in the afternoon by the time they reached the last and the nearest pavilion to the main gate, where they viewed the giraffes, zebras and flamingos. The two decided to take out dinner from a restaurant situated near the Rose Garden just outside the zoo’s main gate.

After buying, Jiyeon and Minsoo went to sit by the garden while waiting for Hongki, who had gone to the toilet. When he was back ten minutes later, he had two flower wreaths with him, a yellow and a blue mixed with white ones.

“What’s with that?” Jiyeon nodded to his hand.

“Some kid gave it me, I don’t know why but I can’t turn it down,” Hongki sat down beside her on the grass. “Here, you can have the yellow one.”

Before Jiyeon could argue, he placed the wreath on top of her head. “Looks cute on you,” he commented with a smile before plucking a blue flower from the other wreath. He situated the said wreath on Minsoo’s head and then inserted the twig of the blue flower on his ear.

“What about me? Do I look cute?” he capped his hands under his chins, beaming cutely.

“Nope, not really,” Jiyeon giggled.

“Yeah sure, keep saying that. I know I look way cuter than you,” he frowned playfully before taking out his phone from his jeans’ pocket. “Come closer,” he said but didn’t wait for Jiyeon to respond, instead he placed an arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to his side.

“What are y—“

He clicked his tongue, “Just smile.”

After taking a photo of him and her and then with Minsoo, he placed his phone back to his pocket without checking it. Bewildered, Jiyeon asked, “Aren’t you going to check the photo?”

“Nope. I already know what it looks like,” he said confidently.

“Oh really now?”

“Yeah, me, being my gorgeous self while you, being your not so gorgeous self,” he smirked.

“Ya!” she protested punching his shoulder lightly.

He let out a snicker, “Let’s get home before it gets dark.”

 

 


P.S. Sorry if I'm not updating so often. please understand, it's been really hard for me these days because of some personal issue. i couldn't find an inspiration to write lately because my issues are physically and emotionally draining for me. i'm sorry. but i'll try updating more. ^^