The Wedding Day

You, Me and our Baby?!

 


HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR YEAR.

~~~~~

Jiyeon watched her sister as she paced back and forth across the dressing room. She was holding onto the hemline of her white gown up to her knees preventing her from tripping like a big klutz she is.

“Calm down, unnie, everything’s gonna be alright,” Jiyeon assured her.

“How can I calm down?! TODAY IS MY WEDDING DAY!!! What if something happened out of plan?! What if the cake falls down or worst what if I tumble down on the aisle?! What if—“

“Unnie, stop over thinking,” the younger girl caught her shoulders and led her to a chair. “Here sit down before you slip and break your legs. Relax unnie. Breathe. Everything’s going as planned. I’m sure the cake is safe. And you’re not gonna fall. And! I’m sure you don’t want to look stressed when you go out there and take a walk down the aisle.”

She slumped back on the chair and took a deep breathe, “You’re right. Well…how do I look?”

“You’re beautiful unnie,” Jiyeon guaranteed her with a smile. “I wish our parents could see you. I’m sure they will be proud.”

“I’m sure appa’s going to cry,” Shinhye smiled, the mention of their parents seemed to calm her down. “Remember when we were little, he told us he didn’t want us to get married because he didn’t want his daughters to be taken away from him?”

“And omma started to argue with him while we just laugh about it? Yes I remember that,” Jiyeon giggled at the thought.

Her sister held her hands and squeezed it.

“I miss them,” the bride sighed.

“Me too.”

“Aigoo, let’s not be dramatic now sis. This is your special day and let’s makes it a happy memory to remember,” Jiyeon turned to her sister and gave her a big hug. “Congratulations on your wedding, unnie! I’m so happy for you!”

When the two broke the contact, tears were threatening to escape Shinhye eyes, “Aigoo, you’re making me cry Jiyeon.”

“Ya don’t! You’re mascara!” the younger brunette warned as the other started to flip out again.

  

~~~~~

“Please Hongki, don’t mess this day up,” Yonghwa reminded fixing his tie in front of the mirror.

Hongki was propped on the sofa as he looked up from the game he was playing in his phone, “What? I’m not the one who’s going to marry what’s the purpose of telling me that?”

“Well knowing you, you can’t stand to not do nothing for a long period of time,” Yonghwa said as he went to fixing his hair.

“Jiyeon’s there so I guess I won’t get bored,” the younger shrugged nonchalantly. I could always annoy Jiyeon whenever I think I’m dying out of boredom.

“Exactly,” the groom repeated. “Stop pestering her for once, Hongki.”

“What? It’s funny.”

“Hongki, seriously,” Yonghwa warned with his infamous fatherly voice.

“Alright, alright,” Hongki snickered. It’s funny when he do that.

“I’m serious. Stop laughing and stop teasing her.”

“I get it, hyung,” Hongki said while trying to hide his laughter. “But just this time.”

“Ya—“

The brothers stopped when Jonghun knocked and entered the dressing room. “Hyung, it’s starting.”

Hongki stood up from the couch and checked himself in front of the mirror. “Man, I really look handsome in tuxedo,” he sighed in satisfaction.

Jonghun snorted as his best friend fixed his bowtie. He turned to Yonghwa and shook his hand, “Congratulations on your wedding, hyung.”

“Yeah, hyung, congratulations!” Hongki gave his brother a bear hug. “I can’t believe you’re tied up to one girl for the rest of your life. I can’t imagine being like that.”

“Aigoo, this kid,” Yonghwa clucked his tongue as Jonghun laughed. “One day, you’ll fall in love too and then you’ll know.”

“What?!” Hongki started laughing his off. “Seriously hyung, I know it’s your wedding day but it doesn’t give you the right to act like a total cheeseball.”

“Hyung, give up. This guy doesn’t and will never know what love is,” Jonghun said.

“Hey, I LOVE girls. Which means I do know what love is,” Hongki tried to argue.

“Invalid logic, lil’ bro,” Yonghwa wriggled his finger at his younger brother.

“Whatever,” Hongki waved him off nonchalantly and walked pass the other two. “Common, let’s get this wedding over with.”

 

~~~~~

All stood up and applauded as the Shinhye slowly walked down the aisle. She was gorgeous in her white long gown and no one could deny it. Not even the goddess of beauty.

Shinhye’s thin pink lips curled up into a smile as she looked forward directly to her boyfriend and soon to be husband, Yonghwa. Standing next to Yonghwa was his best men, Hongki and Jonghun. And opposite the three were her maid of honors, Jiyeon and Yoona.

Soon after Yonghwa got her hand and led her to the platform, the ceremony started. They bowed at each other, exchanged vows, exchanged rings and just like every weddings you will ever see, the groom kissed the bride. Pretty much everything they did was applauded. Hongki and his band called FT Island, in which his best friend Jonghun was one of the members too, rendered a song for the couple. This got most of the girls’ attention. Including Jiyeon, who’s eyes were on Jonghun the whole time.

Ever since their encounter at the school backyard after Hongki made fun of her confession, she started developing a crush on Jonghun. Hongki eventually found out about it because of her constant blushing whenever he and Jonghun were on the same room, accidentally meet or pass by her (in which most of those times, Hongki was annoying the crap out of her). And because of that information, Jiyeon was often blackmailed or teased by him.

After the ceremony, the people moved into the reception hall were the rest of program was held. The serving of food for the guests immediately followed the slicing of the cake and wine drinking.

By the end of the meal, there was a bouquet toss. The person who caught it was Shinhye’s gay friend, who immediately run to Hongki and wrapped his arms around him. Hongki just laughed it off and so did as everyone else.

The celebration ended with photo taking. Jiyeon, Yoona, Hongki and Jonghun together with the bride and the groom’s mutual friends were the first to take a photo with them. The boys were standing on the platform while the girls were a step down aligned with Shinhye and Yonghwa’s spot.

Hongki grinned wickedly as he positioned himself behind Jiyeon. When the photographer started counting to three, Hongki leaned over the Jiyeon’s ear and whispered, “Hey I just told Jonghun, you like him.”

Jiyeon’s eyes widened in shock. All sanity in her drained out in an instant as she turned around. Her face morphed into a monster, “LEE HONGKI!!!”

 

 

“BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT YOUR FACE IN THIS JIYEON!!! BWAHAHAHA!” Hongki was rolling on the floor while laughing his off as soon as he laid eyes on the group photo with the bride and the groom.

Jiyeon gritted her teeth as her face burn, “It was your fault, you jerk!”

“Ya Hongki, stop laughing right now,” Yonghwa rolled his eyes as he and Shinhye joined them in the living area. The four of them were gathered around the brothers’ apartment after the honeymoon.

“But but—BWAHAHAHA! MY STOMACH! BWAHAHA! WHAT I TOLD YOU WASN’T EVEN TRUE! AHAHAHA!”

Jiyeon took a deep breath as she restrained herself from stabbing a fork into his eyeballs.

“Alright now, you need to stop, we have an important announcement to make,” Yonghwa said. 

“Yes yes, this is really important guys,” Shinhye wriggled on her sit excitedly.

“Wait, wait I think I know what this is all about,” Hongki held up his hands.

Jiyeon raised a brow at him, “What do you even know? You can’t even spell right.”

Hongki scoffed at her, “Ya! What do you think of me?! Huh?! Give me something to spell so I could spat your words at your face!”

“Oh yeah, spell .”

“Tsk, is that all you got? A-S-S-H-O-L-E.”

“Wrong.”

“What?! I was right, you—“

“No, it’s H-O-N-G-K-I,” Jiyeon smirked in satisfaction.

Hongki’s forehead creased and thought hard, “H-O-N-G-K—YA! You think I’m an huh?! You want a piece of me! Come at me! Common! You think because you’re a girl you can say anything you want witho—*whack* AW! What the—hyung, what was that for!?”

“Sit down and stop being so loud,” Yonghwa ordered him sternly.

“Alright, alright. Chill,” Hongki pouted as he obeyed.

Jiyeon shook her head sighing, “Idiot.”

“You guys, listen. We’re moving in together,” Shinhye exclaimed. “We bought a house in Hannam.”

“What really?! Wow, that’s great unnie!” Jiyeon jumped on her seat grabbing her sister’s hands happily.

“Then I’m gonna have this apartment alone?!” Hongki’s eyes twinkled hopefully copying Jiyeon’s action to his brother. Yonghwa immediately took back his hands.

“Actually we thought you two could move in with us,” Shinhye said smiling unsurely.

“WHAT?!” Jiyeon and Hongki simultaneously screamed.

“Unnie! I can’t live with this jerk!”

“Nope. Just no. Hyung, you can’t make me live with this geek.”

Another round of bickering started as Shinhye gave an ‘I told you so’ look at her husband. Yonghwa just shook his head sighing.

“Ugh idiot!” Jiyeon took in a sharp breath glaring at the jerk beside her. She turned to her sister and started pleading, “Unnie, since it’s only a half a year away from graduation maybe I could just stay in our apartment and double my shift in the cafe for the rent or something. After all, I’m moving to the school’s dormitory in college.”

“What do you think Yonghwa?” Shinhye turned to her husband.

“Seems alright with me,” Yonghwa thought rubbing his chin. “But about doubling your shift, you don’t have to; we can pay for your rent. What about you, Hongki? What’s your plan?”

“What? Me?” Hongki pointed at himself. “I’ll stay here and you’ll pay for my rent of course.”

“Well now that I’ve heard you say it like that, I think I’m going to sell this place and you’ll have to find a cheaper apartment. And then you’ll have to pay for the half of the rental fee. So I guess you’ll have to find a part-time job too.”

“What?! That’s absurd! You’re going to pay for this geek’s whole rental fee while you’ll only pay half of mine, your own blood?! How can you do that, hyung?! I’m so hurt,” Hongki clenched his chest dramatically. 

“Idiot, that’s because she’s going to work for her allowance while I—your own blood *rolls eyes*, will have to handle your rental fee and allowance. But there’s an exception for that, I can pay both your entire rental fee and allowance if you can do what I say.”

“What is it?! Bring it on!” Hongki stood up all fired up. Jiyeon watched the mentally challenged being in front of her with rolling eyes.

“You’ll have to able to pass the scholarship Jiyeon is applying in college.”

Hongki’s eyes fell down on their sockets as he gawked. Shinhye hit Yonghwa’s arm lightly while Jiyeon snickered.

“Fine, I’ll find a job,” Hongki pouted as he slumped back on the couch defeated. 

 

 

 


P.S. Just in case you're wondering, there are three POVs: Jiyeon's, Hongki's and the Author's. So if you enounter this sign "~~~~~" it means it's in normal (or my) POV ^___^