Chapter 8

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the game, Taeyeon went back to where she left Baekhyun and Tiffany, only to find Tiffany sitting by herself while reading a romance novel. “Where’s oppa?”

 

Tiffany looked up to her and shrugged, “I don’t know, he just left a while ago without saying anything.”

 

“Oh, and I thought I’ll have a chance of talking to him.” Taeyeon said with disappointment.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll have another chance.” Tiffany assured her. “In the meantime, let’s go take a swim.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting in the lobby with his hands over his head. Desolation filled his heart. She was in love. That’s why she changed so much. Baekhyun’s felt like his heart is being torn apart. This is what he’s scared of, the time when Taeyeon will finally find the man she will love, a man that is not him.

 

He knew it’s bound to come, someone will take Taeyeon away from him, he just didn’t realize it’ll come so fast. His heart wasn’t prepared. He can’t make himself to be happy for her. His heart can’t still let go, and now it’s broken before he can give it to her.

 

He remembered Taeyeon’s happy face as she hugged Wooyoung. One would think they suited each other. And their ages are perfect for each other. Baekhyun tried to erase that from his mind. It’s not the time to be insecure.

 

“Can I sit with you?” he hadn’t realized that Krystal is standing in front of him.

 

“Sure” he said indifferently, truthfully he wants to be alone, but he doesn’t want to be rude to the teacher helping him.

 

“Are you okay? You look…terrible.” She said after finding the right word to describe him.

 

He gave her a weak smile, “Nah, that’s just your imagination, I feel great.”

 

She can hear sarcasm in his words. She tried to shrug it off. “Oh, okay. Umm. Mr. Baekhyun, do you have a girlfriend?”

 

He wishes, but apparently he found out that the girl he love loves someone else, his heart winced again at the thought.

 

“No, I don’t” I’ll probably die alone, rejected and alone. He sighed.

 

“You don’t have to be depressed about not having a girlfriend you know, there are many suitable woman out there, take me for example.”

 

He was taken by surprise by her confession that for a moment he didn’t know what to say.

 

“I like you Mr. Baekhyun.” And with that she put her hands on the back of his neck and pulled him towards her and kissed him on the lips. He automatically pushed her away from him, not caring if he’s being harsh to her.

 

“Oppa.”

 

He looked behind Krystal to find Taeyeon standing in front of them, she’s on her swim suit again, totally drenched with water with her long hair falling on the side of her face. She looked divine. But Baekhyun knew it’s not the time to be mesmerized to her. He knew she must have seen something by the looks on her face.

 

“Oops, I’m sorry. Did I interrupt something?” Taeyeon laughed. What a fake laugh, Baekhyun thought. “I’m just going to our room. Please continue on what you are doing.” Then she runs off as quickly as she can.

 

Now I have to explain this to her, this is going to be troublesome. He thought then she looked at Krystal and shot her a disagreeing look. “I told you that I don’t have a girlfriend, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have someone I love. Please, please don’t do this ever again.” And with that, he walked away from her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She didn’t want to see that, all she intended was to get her sun block in their room and go back to the beach. Now she’s not sure if she can go out ever again, she felt weak after seeing that. It’s like her whole world crumbled. The image keep popping in her mind no matter how much she tried to forget it. They kissed. Her heart sank.

 

She stood in front of a mirror and looked at herself. “What’s the use of all this? No matter how much I change his feelings won’t. So, that’s that kind of woman he likes huh, tall, beautiful and matured, a complete opposite of me.” She sighed. “Maybe I should just give up and be happy for him. Be the best sister I can be.”

 

She heard a knock at the door, and then she grabbed her bathrobe and put it on before opening the door.

 

“Oppa?” She was surprised to see Baekhyun in front of her. He smiled at her and for some reason Taeyeon can’t mirror his expression. She’s pissed, she frowned at him. Is he that happy?

 

“What do you want?”

 

Baekhyun laughed nervously while scratching the back of his neck which irritated Taeyeon more.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter