Chapter 14

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s still dark but Taeyeon had to wake up because her phone has been ringing for some time now. She deliberately ignored the first call to tell the caller that she’s still asleep, but it was followed by another call, and another, and another, and another, until she can’t take it anymore and had to answer it.

 

“What?” She yelled to the other line without caring who it was.

 

“Hi Taengoo. Good morning.” A cheerful greeting came from the other line.

 

Taeyeon looked at the caller I.D. and frown when he saw who it was. “What the hell Wooyoung? It’s only 5 o’clock what’s your problem? This better be important.”

 

“Taeyeon, it’s already 5 o’clock. Waking up early is good for your hea…”

 

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM?” Taeyeon finally snapped. She hates waking up early, especially on Sundays.

 

“What’s your problem? You don’t need to shout. Geez.”

 

“Wooyoung, I’m going to hung up if you don’t stop all this early morning nonsense.”

 

“Why are you always angry whenever you’re talking to me, but with Tiffany you’re always cheerful?”

 

Taeyeon, who is fully awake, now was weirded-out by her best friend’s question. “What? That’s not true. Wait… Is this about Tiffany?”

 

“What? What makes you think that?”

 

“So you’re telling me. You’re calling because you’re jealous of my friendship with Tiffany?”

 

“Idiot. Who’s jealous? I’m just calling to check if you already talked with her.”

 

“I knew it. I already talked to her. Don’t worry she’s not angry. But it’s better to apologize still.”

 

“Oh, okay. I’ll try meeting up with her today.”

 

"That’s good.”

 

Everything was followed by a long silence. Taeyeon was the one who can’t stand the silence. “What? That’s it?”

 

“Why? Is there anything you’d like to say?”

 

“Idiot. You’re the one who called me. You should have just called me around 8 o’clock when people are supposed to be awake. If that’s that I’m going back to sleep. Bye.” Then she hangs up before letting Wooyoung response.

 

Even though she said she was going back to sleep, Taeyeon can’t bring herself to snooze. “Damn, that Wooyoung. I’m going to get him for this.”

 

She reached out for her phone to know the time. It’s 6 o’clock, her mom maybe awake at this moment. She might as well help her mom for breakfast than bore herself on bed.

 

 

 

 

 

When she got to the kitchen her mom was already in the middle of preparing for breakfast.

 

“Good morning.” She said as she gave her mom a hug from the back.

 

“Yah, you scared me.” Her mom said as she spat Taeyeon’s hand.

 

“What are you cooking? Let me help.”

 

Her mom hand her the knife and instructed what to do at what they’re going to cook. Taeyeon was scolded multiple times for not cutting the vegetable evenly.

 

“Where have you been yesterday? You really dressed up.”

 

Taeyeon wasn’t planning on lying to her mother; she’s just waiting for the right time to say it to her. Maybe this is an opportunity to tell her mother about her dating.

 

“I had a date with Baekhyun oppa.” She said but never dare to look at her mom.

 

“Oh. Okay.” She heard her mom’s uninterested reply followed by a long silence.

 

She looked at her saw that her face is as lack of interest as her response. “Mom, what are you thinking?”

 

“About what?”

 

“Me dating oppa.”

 

“You mean like hanging out together? What do want me to think? You’ve been doing that for so long so…” Her mother glanced at Taeyeon while talking and realized that her daughter meant the real thing when she saw the seriousness on her face. “When did this happen?” Her mom asked.

 

Taeyeon blushed and looked down to the carrot that she’s cutting. “A month ago.”

 

“A month! And you’re just telling it to me now?”

 

“Well, I was waiting for the right time.”

 

“Does Sunny know about this?”

 

“Of course not. I don’t want her to hate me more than she already does.”

 

Her mom put a hand on her shoulder. “She doesn’t hate you.”

 

“Mom, she does. Ever since we were young.” Her mom fell on silence she doesn’t know what to say.

 

It’s been like this since the beginning. Whenever Taeyeon talks about Sunny hating her, her mom would always make a sad face, like she’s about to cry. She always thought their mother just felt sad to know that her daughters don’t get along with each other. Taeyeon’s heart is breaking whenever she see this side of her mother, she would rather be scolded a thousand times that to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter