Chapter 7

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun slid the windows of his car down, he’s in a terrible need of fresh air. He took a deep breath to clear his mind. The tension in the air is giving him headache. He noticed that Taeyeon might feel the same because she too took a deep breath. This is the most awkward moment he had ever had with Taeyeon. Neither of them said a word for the last 15 minutes. He thought of many things on how to start a conversation and decided he should be straight to the point.

 

“Until when are you planning to avoid me?”

 

Taeyeon, who’s completely off guarded by his question, jerked her head to him. “What?”

 

“You heard me.” He said with his face focus on the road but his mind elsewhere. This is dangerous.

 

“I’m not purposely avoiding you, I’m just shy, that’s all.” She said in a weak voice while looking at her feet.

 

He can see the troubled look in her face. It pains him to see her like that. He never regretted kissing her, but if it means she’ll never speak normally to him again then he’s willing to lie about its significance to him. “Come on Taeyeon, you know I was just teasing you. I just want to see your reaction, and it was epic. You were so funny.”

 

Taeyeon managed to force a laugh “Yeah. I’m just being an idiot. I’m sorry. I won’t avoid you next time.”

 

“Good.” Baekhyun said as he glanced at Taeyeon, then he noticed that there’s still a sad look in her eyes. Why?

 

“Oppa, I really missed you.” She said, now clearing all of the sadness in her eyes.

 

Baekhyun felt relief, now everything will be back to normal. “I missed you too Taeyeon, and I’m kind of mad too. You don’t listen to my class.”

 

“Because you’re class is boring.”

 

“Yah, it’s because you’re always sleeping that you don’t know how fun my class is. Everyone loves my class you know.”

 

Taeyeon laughed at Baekhyun’s defense. “Arasso, I’ll try to keep myself awake next time.”

 

“Yah.”

 

Then they both laughed. Both of them started talking about what they did on the days they avoided each other, or Taeyeon avoiding Baekhyun. Baekhyun learned that Taeyeon has been staying with Tiffany this week that’s why he never saw a glimpse of her.

 

“So, all of that…” he gulped “…transformation is because of her?”

 

“Yeah, I just thought I needed to change somehow. I’m a girl after all.” She said with a light blush on her cheeks.

 

Baekhyun could only nod in agreement, deep inside he wanted to hit his head to the steering while.

What’s with that blush? How can she act so damn cute effortlessly? Seriously, she’s going to be the cause of his death. His heart is pounding like crazy he can’t even focus on the road.

 

“Do you like it?” She asked innocently peering from her lashes and looking straight to Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

There it is the final blow! Baekhyun’s heart momentarily stopped. Hell yeah I like it, I ing love it.

 

“What’s not to like?” he said in a genuine smile hiding all his ravenous thoughts. “I’m really proud of you for coming out of your shell.” He sighed in relief for managing to give a decent answer.

 

“Oh, thanks.” Taeyeon said with a bit of disappointment on her voice.

 

He likes to ask what’s on her mind but apparently they’ve reached the destination and Ms. Jung was waving her hand at them. “We’re here.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

As soon as the car stopped Taeyeon stepped out of the car before he can ask another question. Maybe she’s excited to see her friends, and he's over thinking things.

 

He gazed at Taeyeon who rejoined with Tiffany and Wooyoung, she’s bickering at Tiffany while Tiffany apologized. On the other hand he noticed that Wooyoung has his jaws dropped and so are the other boys who are looking at Taeyeon. She’s the center of attention without her realizing it.

 

Baekhyun take backs his thoughts about wanting her to dress as a girl, with her looking so damn beautiful, it wouldn’t surprise Baekhyun if someone hits on her this very moment, and he wouldn’t want that.

 

A light pat on the shoulder interfere his thoughts, he turned around. “Is that Taeyeon? Wah, I never notice how pretty she is.”

 

“She’s always been pretty.” Baekhyun said under his breath.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing, anyway, thanks for taking care of my class while I’m not around. I hope they didn’t give you headache.”

 

“They did not actually, I thought the boys would be hard to handle but they obeyed my every request. You’re students are really respectful.”

 

“They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter