Chapter 17

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

10 years ago…

 

“Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol. Where are you two going? We’re in the middle of class. Take your seat.”

 

The two just looked at their angry teacher before looking at each other. Both of them snickered before looking back to their teacher.

 

“We know everything you’re talking about. We are needed somewhere so we got to go.” Baekhyun said as they started walking out of the classroom.

 

They ignored the continuous bickering of their teacher.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Another suspension for both of us is waiting when we get back.” Chanyeol said after he spit the blood from his mouth.

 

Baekhyun ignored him and gave the student his holding a one last punch in the gut before letting him fall down to the pile of other unconscious students.

 

“Argh, why do these guys have to be so weak? And they have the guts to challenge us every time. Pathetic.” Chanyeol continued while shaking his head. “Hey, where are you going?” The boy didn’t realize that his best friend already started walking away.

 

“Nowhere. Don’t follow me.” Chanyeol just let his friend go.

 

Baekhyun really is going nowhere. He don’t know where to go, he doesn’t care where his feet are taking him. He just wanted to be alone. Away from everyone who always judge him. As he was walking along the unknown path people are giving him strange looks. Maybe because he has a few bruises on his face and drops of blood on his cloths from the student he beat up.

 

This happen every time. They would be asked by other school for a challenge and they would beat them up senselessly. Baekhyun can’t count the times he’s been set to jail because of brawling. And he can’t count the times he and Chanyeol’s been suspended because of the same reason. The only thing that saved them from being expelled is the fact that Baekhyun’s father is the vice principal of his school. And he’s not thankful for that. He hated the fact that his father got something to slap on his face by saving his from expulsion. He would continuously say that he’s useless without him, that he can’t do anything right by himself.

 

He hated him.

 

He hated his father for not acknowledging him. And there’s the thing too about being compared with his older brother. His father never failed to give praises to his perfect brother who is now graduating from his medical degree. His only comfort now in the house is mother who always asked him to understand his father, which is not really comforting at times. Why does he have to understand him if can’t even understand his own son?

 

 

 

 

 

 

As Chanyeol predicted, they were really suspended the next day. A week after his suspension is when he met Taeyeon.

 

“Hyung, hyung, look I caught a stag beetle.” She raised her hand and showed Baekhyun the beetle. He was helping his mother carry the vases outside their house.

 

“Hey, not too close. You’re dirty.” He pushed her lightly to the side.

 

“Omo. Who’s this cute little boy? Is he your friend Baekhyun?” His mother came out with flowers at hand.

 

Baekhyun laughed at her mother’s comment. “She’s a girl mom. I met her yesterday.”

 

“Girl?” She can’t believe what she heard. “But the hair and the clothes… And she called you ‘hyung’.”

 

“Ajumma, what are you doing?” Taeyeon said without using formal words. She earned herself a hard hit at the head. “Ouch, what’d you that for?” She glared at Baekhyun while rubbing her head. His mother laughed.

 

“Don’t talk informally to my mother.” He looked at his mom. “Sorry about that. I thought she’s a boy too when I met her. She still looks like a boy to me so I don’t mind being called “hyung” by her.”

 

His mom frowned. “That’s not right. A girl’s a girl. She should learn to act like one. I bet she will be a beautiful girl if she just fixes herself.”

 

“Leave her. She’s still a kid anyway. Taeyeon, introduce yourself to my mom.”

 

Taeyeon gave Mrs. Byun a lovely smile before bowing her head. “Annyeonghaseo ajumma. I’m Kim Taeyeon. Baekhyun-hyung… I mean Baekhyun-oppa asked me to be his brother… I mean sister yesterday. So he’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter