Chapter 2

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Present time…

 

“She shoots, she scores!” Taeyeon shouted while running around with her hands raised.

 

“Woohoo! That was great Taengoo.” Wooyoung, a guy with a spiky brown hair said to her after a high five. He put his arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders.

 

“You’re really good at this, but I’m still two points ahead of you.”

 

Taeyeon shoved his hands off of her then run off to continue the game. “Not for long.”

 

Their game of soccer continues on for half an hour, though the sun was at its hottest this didn’t become a hindrance to their game. Taeyeon and Wooyoung continue to compete on whose making the most point. Smile plastered on both their faces not minding the heat of the sun and the sweats in their bodies.

 

“Hey! Let’s stop, we give up.” GD - one of the players - said while catching his breath. “You guys are monsters; I knew we can’t beat you at this when you’re on the same team.”

 

“What? Come on guys, I’m close at beating Wooyoung and crushing him to the ground. Let’s start another round.”

 

Everyone groaned at Taeyeon’s suggestion, except Wooyoung who doesn’t mind prolonging the game. But as he noticed, his friends are making pity eyes to him to control Taeyeon from draining all their energy.

 

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon. Just accept the fact that you could never beat me at soccer no matter how you try. I’m tired. Let’s go home.” Then he grabbed Taeyeon by the arm and dragged her to move forward.

 

“But, I still want to play.” Taeyeon struggled to lose from his grip. Their friends have their worried expression that Taeyeon might ask them again for another round. They all knew how stubborn Taeyeon was and they could never say no to her.

 

Wooyoung who knows Taeyeon more than any of their friends used his last resort to take the girls attention from soccer.

 

“Let’s eat ice cream.” He whispered to Taeyeon’s ear.

 

“Sure.” Without second thought she headed to the opposite direction from the soccer field and practically skipped her way ahead.

 

“What did you tell her?” Junsu - another friend - asked him. He only smiled arrogantly to his friend, and then shrugged, obviously keeping his secret weapon to himself, then he walked off towards to where Taeyeon is heading.

 

Taeyeon and Wooyoung have been best friends since Wooyoung transferred from States when they were in sixth grade. Taeyeon’s the only one who talked to him because she’s the only one cocky enough to speak to him in English. Even though Taeyeon’s English is as bad as hell, Wooyoung still found it interesting and befriended her. With Taeyeon’s boyish and cheerful personality it not hard to makes friends with her and because of her, students started to talk to Wooyoung more and they learned that he can actually talk Korean fluently (they thought that because Wooyoung is born and raised in U.S. he can’t speak Korean).

 

As they grew up, Wooyoung started to like Taeyeon, but he doesn’t show it because he knows that Taeyeon likes somebody else - though he has no idea who it was - and he doesn’t want to ruin their friendship. He’s content having Taeyeon by his side, while happily eating ice creams.

 

“Hey isn’t that your neighbor?” Wooyoung pointed out to the man walking from across the street.

 

Taeyeon look to where Wooyoung is pointing then she saw him.

 

Her smile suddenly got bigger and her face started to glow –not that Wooyoung noticed, he’s busy eating his ice cream.

 

“Oppa! Baekhyun oppa!” she called from across the street while waving her hands crazily.

 

Baekhyun looked at her, happy to see her face after a tiring day at work. Then he headed towards them.

 

Seeing that she’s with her best friend again, it irritated him. He doesn’t like that Taeyeon’s always hanging out with boys. Sometimes he wishes that she can be a little bit more girly so girls will also approach her. The only girly features of Taeyeon are her long hair, which she always pony on the back of her head; her eyes that will always look straight at you when you’re talking to her, her eyes never stray to anyone when he’s around and he like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter