Chapter 23

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

28 years ago…

 

“Muyeon, why are you here again?” Taejin crossed her arm as she saw their childhood friend standing in front of their door.

 

“Come on Taejin, just let me hang out. There’s nothing worth doing at home.”

 

“You just wanted to see Taehee right?”

 

Muyeon grinned with at his friend at let himself in. “You know me so well Taejin.”

 

He draped his hand over Taejin’s shoulder. The girl flinched at the sudden skinship and pushed her friend away revealing her beet red face.

 

“You’re so cute when you blush Taejin.” The boy pinched the girl’s cheek and laughed which made the girl smiled.

 

“You look just like Taehee.” Her smile vanished after those words came out. “So, where is Taehee?”

 

She shook her head lightly before answering. “She’s making dessert.”

 

“Really? My timing is really good.”

 

“What timing are you talking about? You’re here almost every day.” She walked pass him and slump herself on the sofa before opening the T.V.

 

 

 

 

Yes, she’s in love with Muyeon. She’s in love with him since the moment he distinguished who is Taejin from Taehee, something that only their parents can tell. Having Muyeon classify her identity and not be called ‘the other twin’ really stirred her heart. But later on she found out that the boy can only tell she’s Taejin because he loves Taehee, he loves Taehee so much that he knows when it’s Taejin and not Taehee who is in front of him.

 

Who wouldn’t like Taehee? She’s kind, she’s feminine, she’s very sweet and she loves cooking. All of the things that don’t described Taejin. But the thing is… Taehee doesn’t like Muyeon. Well, she liked him as a friend and that’s that, no romantic likeness or anything. Muyeon knew about this but he doesn’t back down in the hope that Taehee might change his mind in the future.

 

 

 

 

But an unexpected situation happened. One night, Muyeon got drunk and drunk call Taehee, but apparently the girl was asleep and Taejin answered the phone. She went to where Muyeon is. The boy thought through a drunken state that it was Taehee who went to him and not her sister. One thing led to another and they did something that night. Rough touches and kisses occupied their bodies and though Taejin heard Taehee’s name being mentioned a couple of times she still spend the night in the arms of the man she loves.

 

 

 

A few months later they found out that Taejin is pregnant, the house was a mess and Taehee was beside her sister every second to be a constant support. Of course Muyeon knew that he’s the father since he woke with Taejin lying beside him that said night. He asked for forgiveness to everyone at the twin’s household. The twin’s father told Muyeon that he should take responsibility and marry his daughter, he didn’t argue since it was his fault anyway.

 

 

 

Taejin was happy about her wedding and prayed that Muyeon will finally love her in the future. But nothing has changed; Muyeon still loves Taehee, if anything, his interaction with Taejin faltered. Muyeon never touched Taejin since, even though they sleep on the same bed every night. Muyeon rarely talks to her now, not like when they were just friend when they constantly tease each other but they were actually happy. Taejin would always cry at night while rubbing her belly and regretting ever deceiving Muyeon, because she could feel that Muyeon could never, ever like her the way she does.

 

 

 

By the time Sunny was born was also one of the happy days of Taejin, Muyeon was with her all the time and he made her feel loved. Not the love of a husband to a wife but the love he is showing to his daughter. Muyeon really wanted to be father and Taejin was happy to give Muyeon what he wanted.

 

Taehee was always present as well since she’s excited about her niece. Every day she would go to Taejin’s house and play with Sunny. She would bring different kinds of presents that Sunny was too ecstatic to receive.

 

Everyone was happy, but their happiness crumbled after 9 years. Muyeon became a drunkard and would always go home at night reeking of alcohol. He would always complain how his life was led to the wrong direction and how she didn’t get the love of his life. He would sometimes hit Taejin when he was in a bad mood. But still, Taejin loved Muyeon and would not leave him.

 

 

 

Sunny was 9 years old at this time and witnessed everything that her father did to her mother. She hated him, she hated the way he treated her and her mother, she hated her mother as well for not fighting back and continuously loving his drunkard father and most of all she hated the person who ruined their family. She knows that her aunty didn’t do anything wrong but as she grew up in her hateful world, she just transferred all her rage on hating everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

One night, Muyeon got drunk and headed to Taehee apartment, Taehee on the other hand was woken up by the loud banging on her door. She saw from the peep hole that it was her brother-in-law and let him inside since it’s already pass midnight and it’s dangerous to send him home. She trusted her friend so much that she never expected to be violated on that night. She screamed and asked for help but no one there to rescue her. Since she doesn’t have much physical strength she had to endure his cruel ways with her all night. Muyeon left her crying on the floor before uttering words of apologies.

 

Taehee woke up staring blankly on the wall, when she realized that everything that happened that night wasn’t a dream she wanted to kill herself, but have no mental strength to do so. She’s weak in all aspects. Physically and mentally.

 

 

 

8 months pass since the incident happened and it’s been 8 months since she hid herself from the world, the only person who knew about her pregnancy was her best friend Oh Minji who was also pregnant at that time, but her pregnancy was a happy one, since she’s married to a person she actually love. Unlike her who was viol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter