Chapter 29

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taeyeon woke up minutes ago, but she didn’t dare to open her eyes. She just remained still and listened to the soft humming coming from the two people on both her side. Her hands are both occupied by a soothing rub. She felt a little comforted.

 

“Oma.” One person whispered, she recognized the voice to be Seohyun’s, and of course the only one she’ll call ‘oma’ is her mother. The humming stopped and Taeyeon almost wished it didn’t.

 

“I still don’t understand why you’re only saying this to me now.”

 

“I’m sorry Seohyun, your mom is a coward. I was planning on telling you, I’m just scared that you’ll hate me for having another daughter.”

 

“Well, I was still in shock, but I’m not mad. You know that I’ve always wanted an older sister.”

 

The older lady chuckled. “I know, I always thought of introducing you to Taeyeon every time you say that.”

 

“I just wished you introduced us sooner. Taeyeon-unni was really shock. I don’t think she’ll like me now after knowing that we’re sisters.”

 

Taeyeon wanted to squeeze Seohyun’s hand and let her know that that is not true. She really like Seohyun, and thinking now that she actually had a sister who liked her really made her happy.

 

“I’m sorry too Seohyun. You’re mother kept a secret from you.” She said softly. She’s really different from the mother Taeyeon grew up with.

 

“Oma, why did you leave her?”

 

There was a moment of silence before the lady answered. “I was scared. I was scared that I can’t love her because she’s a child of someone who destroyed me. I didn’t give her a name because I don’t want to be attached. I was scared because it was my sister’s most beloved person who impregnated me. I was scared of the fight that will brew if I stay. Seohyun. Your mother is a coward. I’m scared of every little thing.”

 

Taeyeon felt the lost of warmth on her left hand and the next thing she knew Seohyun’s voice echoed on her right side.

 

“Mom, don’t cry.”

 

This is stupid. Taeyeon felt like her heart is being squeezed just hearing this person’s cry. How can she sympathize with her? She’s the person who left her, but now here she is, with her eyes closed feeling like crying herself. She felt all the regret the lady is delivering.

 

She doesn’t want to be around her. She doesn’t want to forgive her easily. She left her just because she’s scared. What kind of reason is that? Everyone get scared, but you should take responsibility on the things you did. She destroyed someone’s family and she ran away because she’s scared of the consequences. She doesn’t want to feel sorry for her yet she did.

 

She kept chanting words of apology and all she could do was turn the other way – still pretending to be sleeping – and hide her tears.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment she woke up again it was afternoon. She had a really worse headache. She groaned while pressing her head, and then she heard her stomach growl.

 

.

 

She still hasn’t eaten anything.

 

“I knew you’d be hungry.”

 

She didn’t know that someone was on his side all along. She swing her head to the sound’s direction and saw Sehun sitting beside her bed with a tray of food in his hands.

 

“Here.” He handed her tray full of food.

 

“Thanks.” She said. Shyness didn’t come to her, the moment the food was placed on her lap she digs in and forgot that someone was there beside her.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispered.

 

Taeyeon abruptly stopped and looked at him. After seeing that the boy won’t look at her no matter how long she stared she resumed eating. “It’s not your fault my life is so complicated.”

 

“No, not about that. It was my fault that those pictures were sent in your house.”

 

Taeyeon stiffen and Sehun can feel that. He tensed from his seat waiting for her to explode, but it didn’t come. He raised his head to look at her.

 

“Aren’t you going to hit me?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled and for the first time in his life she’s smiling at him. But he wasn’t happy.

 

“It’s funny. I can’t even get angry anymore.” Her smile turned into a forced one. His heart just cracked. “Those pictures are the reason every truth poured on me yesterday. Those are the reason how I learned why my sister hate me so much. Those are the reasons how I knew that my mother isn’t my real m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter