Chapter 25

TITLE: Age Doesn't Matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon stood weakly before her sister, tears streaming down her eyes. She’s not her sister? How is that possible? They resemble each other, and she looked like her mom as well. Sunny must be lying, she’s just angry and now she’s lying just to hurt her.

 

“I’m sorry about Baekhyun-oppa okay? But stop with all the other nonsense. It’s not funny.”

 

“Have I ever tried to make you laugh…? No… So what makes you think I’m joking?”

 

That does make sense. They never had a happy memory with each other. Taeyeon don’t want to believe her sister. She just wanted to hide in her room and not listen to the hurtful things she’s spouting.

 

“Unni, I’m just going to go upstairs. I’m tired and you’re obviously tired as well so I’ll just go to my room and forget you ever said anything.”

 

She weakly turned around while wiping her tears. This is the right thing to do. Sunny is obviously lying. She felt the sting on her face as she wiped her face.

 

Sunny once again snapped from her sister’s action. She took a hold of her wrist and yanked her towards her.

 

“You . You still don’t believe me don’t you?”

 

“Because all you say are lies.” Taeyeon shouted “How can you say that I’m not your sister when every time I look at the mirror I see your face?” She earned another slap across the face.

 

“You think you’re the only one who’s disgusted by what you see in the mirror?”

 

“I never said I was disgusted…”

 

“Shut up! Just shut up. You don’t know how I feel to see you every time I look at my god damn reflection. It makes me want to puke. It makes me want to tear my face off.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes started to water once again. “Unni, stop.” Taeyeon was too weak to listen to whatever her sister is saying. She kept repeating the word ‘lies’ on her head. Sunny always lie.

 

“Taeyeon, your tears don’t work on me. They never did. And I hated it that you get everyone’s affection just by crying when whenever I cry no one gives a damn.”

 

“That’s not true. We cared about you. I care about…” Another slap. Taeyeon sobbed.

 

“Don’t lie to my face. You care about me? Bull!” She grabbed Taeyeon’s hair and pulled it hard which caused Taeyeon to cry louder. “You took all the affection that was meant for me. You’re a thief and a phony… And I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.” She repeated the word as she continuously pulled Taeyeon’s head off.

 

Taeyeon can’t even fight back because the words that are cutting her off more than the actual pulling of her head. Both of them didn’t realize that the door swung open revealing their mother.

 

Taejin gasped at the sight that was laid before her. She quickly run to her daughters and took Sunny’s hand off her sister.

 

“Sunny! Stop this. What do you think you’re doing?” She pushed Sunny away and picked her youngest daughter off the floor. When she saw her daughter’s swollen and scratched face she gasped.

Taeyeon looked down to hide her face from her mother.

 

Taejin faced Sunny. “Sunny. What have you done?”

 

“What have I done? What have I done?” Sunny started to lose her mind once again. “She’s dating Baekhyun. She took Baekhyun away from me. Like everybody else.” She felt irritated so she stomped her way towards Taeyeon and was about to hit her when her mother blocked her way.

 

“Mom, get out of the way.” Sunny struggled to get pass her mom but she froze when she felt a sharp pain that landed of her cheeks. Taeyeon was frozen in place as well. She never saw her mother raise her hand to anyone.

 

“Oma.” Sunny whispered. She finally calmed down. Her anger vanished but was now replaced by hurt. Tears from her eyes fell.

 

Taejin realized what she did and placed both her hands on her daughter’s cheeks. “Sunny, I’m so sorry I hit you.” Her own tears started to fall as well. Sunny just stared on the floor, still unable to move from her frozen state.

 

“You and Baekhyun were long over. It’s been years since you broke up. You have to accept the reality that you’re not getting back together. So if Baekhyun loves your sister now… you just have to accept it.”

 

There was a long silence before Sunny finally raised her head and looked at her mom in confusion. “You knew?”

 

“What?”

 

“You knew that they were dating?”

 

“I’m sorry.” Taejin looked down. She can’t keep looking at her daughter’s misery.

 

“Oh my god… Oh my god.” She chuckled while tears are still falling down her eyes. “You knew, and you never told me.”

 

“Sunny… I…”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter