Chapter 19

You & I, Don't Deny Our 'r² π' U-KISS FanFic

After arriving back at Seoul, everyone was in their little couples, well, all except Kibum. Even Dongho and Jungeum were talking and laughing with each other. They were all gathered in the 1styear classroom during break and Alexander decided to be his stupid question ridden self. ‘So Jungeum are you dating our little maknae now?’ He joked with Kibum.

Dongho’s face lit up and stared at her like a hopeful puppy on adoption day. ‘No, we’re just on better terms I guess.’ She answered. ‘Once he fully matures I’ll tell you then.’

‘Tell us what?’ Shinhye said tearing her attention from Kevin who was whispering useless nothings in her ear.

‘If we’re dating…’ She said taking a sip of her banana milk. ‘…he said he’d prove to me how much he’d like me, so I’ve decided he’s got to mature.’ She nodded and got up. ‘Well I’m going to head up now, Lia are you coming?’

Lia nodded and got up. ‘Don’t invite us then!’ Xander and Kibum yelled.

‘Why would I?’ Jungeum countered.

‘And there’s me thinking we were all friends.’ Kibum said tapping his chin.

After the 3rdyears left, Kiseop poked Dongho’s cheek playfully. ‘So you have to mature.’

‘That’s what she told me.’ He huffed. ‘She said the only thing she finds cute is the bunny pjs.’

‘Dude you showed her the pink bunny pjs?’ Eli said laughing. ‘Why?’

‘Because they’re important.’ He crossed his arms and looked away childishly.

‘Mature…’ They all said in unison.

‘Why would Jungeum noona of all people say those are cute?’ Kiseop said now with Sunhee on his lap.

‘Unnie has a pair.’ Shinhye tattled.

‘WHAT!’ They all said confused.

‘She has the same pair.’ She smiled at their reaction and stood up pointing her finger at them all. ‘My unnie is a girl too! Her tough exterior is just her charm.’ She walked out the door and went to the rooftop.

BUZZ

A text came from Kevin. Shinhye-ah, are you okay? Where are you?

She let out a puff then sat on the vent and put her phone down deciding to ignore it. ‘He’ll start calling soon.’ Eli said sitting next to her.

‘Oh… when did you get here?’

‘When I excused myself for lesson.’ He poked her forehead. ‘Sorry for the way I acted in Jeju.’

‘What do you mean?’ she said picking up her phone and turning it off.

‘It’s been hard these last few months, seeing you, you being with Kevin… I let it all get the better of me.’ He shrugged and got up. ‘But I think I’ve gotten used to it, sorry I had to have a child fit to realise.’

‘You didn’t have a child fit.’ She said uncertain of how to react to him. She stood up next to him and took his hand. ‘Sorry I was so rash… I admit that I wanted you back, and when you rejected it and told me to be with Kevin, I got mad and did it out of spite to you.’ Leaning against his arm, he willingly let her relax in his company.

‘So I was out of spite?’

They both turned letting go of one another’s hands. ‘Kevin.’ Shinhye said moving away from Eli.

‘I was just because he told you too! Second prize!’ Tears started to fall from his eyes as he retreated down the stairs followed by Shinhye.