Where It All Began.

Bus No.07
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello readers!

I hope you like the new chapter! I made it longer for you. Things are begining to get super interesting! Tell me what you think below! I love reading comments so I can improve in the next chapter! xx

Two pairs of eyes staring at each other. Both of them sitting right beside each other with nothing to say; speechless. Questions filled their minds because confusion was all that was in their minds. How was this all even possible? Until Soomi realized that they were staring at each other, she quickly looked away and stared at  her hands and somehow, with a scared look on her face. She wasn't scared but she looked like she's scared or at least she looks like she's worried. She didn't know what to think, it was all too confusing. "Miss, miss?", Soomi suddenly heard the bus driver calling after her. He had been calling her for the past half a minute. Obviously, Soomi's mind has blocked her ears and she was pretty much lost; out of her own world. Without hesitation Soomi quickly stood up and bowed towards the bus driver, "Oh, I'm sorry...", she said noticing that the bus had stopped at her housing area. "I'll see you around", Soomi said avoiding any eye contact. Soomi picked up her bag and rushed out of the bus. She didn't took a single step once she got out. She stood there with her back facing the bus and she let out a sigh of relief but then she realised how Lay probably noticed how she was crying recently. Nothing changed actually, she's just still confused about everything but then again, at least now she feels much better that it was a friend was sitting beside her all along. Back in the bus, Lay sat there staring down at his shoes with his hands in his coat pockets. As the bus started moving, he turned his head and found himself looking at Soomi; her back view. Well at least he knows the girl beside him now, it wasn't a big deal if you come to think about it. It was just a huge coincidence that has been realized after almost two months. As Lay waited patiently on the bus to get home, he began thinking about the same thing that he would always think about when he's on the way home. He never failed to think about it, it was what broke him.

*Flashback*

"Oppa!", a girl shouted as she started running towards Lay who just turned around on cue when he heard his name being called out. A smile lit up on Lay's face, "Jisoo-ah!", he shouted right back as he opened his arms right on time when the girl immediately hugged him. It was a short embrace until the girl named Jisoo pulled away quickly a few seconds later with a little worried smile on her face but her expression was too small that Lay didn't notice it. She smiled happily, "Baegopa. Will you take me for lunch?", she asked Lay who immediately nodded. "There isn't anything better for me to do isn't it? Kaja", Lay said with a smile on his face as he took out his hand asking for her hand in return. Jisoo took Lay's hand and off they went together.

After lunch, they both walked around and then stopped by the road where they always stopped at before going separate ways which means going home by their own from there onwards. Jisoo had planned it all, she knew the day had come where she tells Lay the truth which led her to slowly release Lay's hand from intertwining. "Oppa, I need to tell you something", she said which immediately gave Lay a bad feeling. As he turned to face her, he had a worried look on his face. Jisoo looked down and then pulled all her courage and looked directly at Lay, she was ready now. She was ready to let him know. "I'm leaving...", she said which made Lay confused. Lay took her hand and tried to smile, he was a little bit confused. "What do you mean you're leaving? You mean you're going home right?", Lay asked confirming what she meant when she said she's leaving. Jisoo shook her head, "I'm leaving the country. I'm moving to America and I'm leaving you behind", she finally set it out straight which got Lay to just stare at her with a disbelief shocked expression. Lay shook his head, "We can make it work. There's always long distance relationship", he said trying to convince Jisoo as he held both her hands now but only to receive more disappointment. "I'm afraid long distance relationship wouldn't work for me", Jisoo said with sad eyes but Lay could see how cold those eyes were. She wasn't as sad as he is and he saw it which broke him even more.

Slowly, Jisoo pulled her hands away and smiled really softly with a little sadness in it. "I wish you well and thank you for everything. I won't forget you nor the memories we made for the past 2 years. It was wonderful", Jisoo said as hugged Lay for a short period of time before she backed away and started off for home. Lay stood there realizing how he lost his lover. How his heart is broken and it seemed like it was nothing to her. He stood there as if he was dumbfounded. He stood there realizing how in such a short time, a person's happiness was taken away. He didn't even say goodbye. He didn't even get a long goodbye hug. Right at that moment, Lay was broken right as he thought that it was going to be the perfect day with the person he loved. Since that day, Lay could only remeber Jisoo as he never forget her. He was left without a deep and proper explanation. He admitted to himself that he still loved her although he knows that he was hurt just like that. He was left alone just like that but he was coping with things being different around him. He didn't say goodbye to her. He didn't get to.

*Flashback end*

When Lay got home, he threw his bag on the floor beside his bed and laid down; staring up at the ceiling. His parents aren't home yet, so it means he's off the hook to do whatever he wants. Lay is the type who is obedient to his parents. He loved his parents. You could say that they're a happy family but as an individual and a person Lay wasn't a happy one. As whole in the family he is happy but not on the inside and personally when it comes to his love life that has been effecting him for the past seven to eight months. Sometimes he would even be reckless to himself which worries his friends a lot but never would he make his family worried. Only his friends saw him being reckless and he didn't mean to do it. He would never want to let anyone worry about him even if they wanted to. Lay laid of his bed thinking about how he has been coping with the differences now that Jisoo had left the country and him for the last months. He's actually doing pretty good he thought but boy he doesn't know how he has a depressed look in his eyes all the time and not many can see that. He totally forgot about the whole incident with Soomi, his mind was always wondering back to his past. The past he just can't forget. There were to many memories that he kept in his heart and it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. Everyone around Lay knew how much he loved Jisoo. Everyone knew how happy they were. They were like a couple destined to be together but it came so sudden that no one knew that such a thing was going to happen. Everyone was off guard and it just came; hitting Lay to the bottom of the ocean. Since then, they only knew how hurt he was and they only knew that they want to help him but just don't know how since they've tried everything they could. All they could do now was wait for a miracle; wait for Lay to finally get over it all and move on. Or maybe a distraction would be good too; as long as he's not being the person he is now.

What kind of person is he now? Lay used to be a shy person, he used to be a forgetful spontaneous bright happy person who smiled more than anyone ever does. He was positive about everything and he was absolutely a lively and a funny person. Not to mention how cute and adorable he can be but as things happened, Lay changed as he tried coping with everything. He is still shy but he isn't a bright person anymore, he doesn't smile much, he doesn't think positively anymore, he isn't lively of course and he isn't the funny person he is. He became a serious person. He became someone who is lost. A person who lost himself along the way of trying to be okay. His cute and adorable personality doesn't even show anymore which makes him a total opposite of the person he used to be before it all happened. To be honest, we can see how Lay lost so much. He didn't just lose his first love but he lost himself along the way. The worst thing that could happen to a person is when they are lost, internally and only their close ones are able to see that. He is even more forgetful than he ever was. He was becoming worst as he continue to leave himself thinking of the past and it wasn't something his loved ones enjoyed watching.

Weekends arrived and Lay had set out to meet his friends, they had planned to have dinner at a new restaurant and then hang out at Kris' house. Everyone was going, everyone including Kai, Baekhyun, Xiumin, Chanyeol, D.O, Sehun and Soomi. The two groups have joined each other more on outings which makes them one now. They've grown close and became rather like - as if they've been friends for more than two to five years. Pretty much as if they've known each other for their whole lives. Lay didn't join them for dinner, he stayed home to have dinner with his parents and headed out to meet them all at Kris' when he received a text message that they're already heading there with Kris himself. When Lay got there, he was alrwady 30 minutes late. Everyone was already laying around the living room watching a movie while waiting for the pizza delivery and Lay to arrive. *Ding dong*, the door bell ring. Everyone looked at each other and began betting. "I bet it's Lay", Chen sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter