Wish Came True.

Bus No.07
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soomi opened her eyes weakly; finding herself too restless to do even flutter her eyes. Her vision was blur, as she turned her head left to right trying to see what was around her; unable to notice the person sitting next to her. She tried lifting her body to sit up but she didn't have the energy to do so, she felt rather breathless just by trying. "Just rest, your body is still weak", a voice said and with that she knew exactly where it was coming from and who it was. She lowered her head and found the person she grew up with sitting next to her with such gentle eyes; something that was very rare for her to see. It was unusual as his eyes are usually fierce at all times. She took her time and fixed her eyes on him. She knew he was looking right back at her too; he was watching her every move. Fascinated, seeing her do more than just laying down on the miserable hospital bed in the deadly white room.

The very moment Soomi's vision was clear once again, the first thing she noticed was how his eyes were red, his hair was a little messy and his clothes scruffy. Usually he is very practical with the way he looks. He likes everything clean and proper or it would frustrate the crap out of him. This even includes his surrounding therefore it explains his tidy room. He was wearing his usual white t-shirt with the red checked shirt that Soomi bought for him last Christmas on the outside. She could tell he hadn't been taking a good care of his looks the minute she laid her eyes on him. 

"Sehun...", Soomi tried to speak with her hand gently reaching out although her voice came out really soft and just with that, Sehun burst into tears when he took her hand and heard her speak. To feel his best friend's touch on his own hands and to hear his best friend call out his name once more after 6 months; after almost losing her completely. It was indeed more than happiness that Sehun felt. After going through so much, he felt like it was all worth it for this one girl who has been everything to him. His anchor but at the time his hot air balloon. Soomi's eyes got teary witnessing Sehun's actions, she had always been the one to understand Sehun's pain just by looking at him and she would always be the one who cries for him although he would be able to hold his tears back really well most of the time. She was tearing seeing how much pain Sehun could've bottled up all these while and now he was finally expressing his emotions.

"I'm so happy to see you like this. I thought you were never going to wake up", Sehun cried and Soomi frowned. What did he meant by that? Soomi was confused. She was in a hospital room, her body weak, Sehun is crying and what was this about almost not waking up? What was all of these? Soomi tightened her grip onto Sehun's hand which made him look up with his teary eyes. "Sehun... what happened?", she asked curiously and casually Sehun replied her. "You were heading home from my place and I'm guessing you met Lay. One way or another, you got hit by a car and  you injured so badly on your head that you fell into a coma...Don't you remember what happened before it all went black?", he asked but Soomi looked even more confused and with that, Sehun looked terrified.

"Who is Lay?", Soomi asked and with that Sehun was taken aback. Was Soomi acting? Was she so in shock that she forgot? Sehun placed his hand onto Soomi's forehead but her temperature was just fine. It was worrying him. "Don't you remember Lay? Tao? Kris?", he asked but all of Soomi's responses only made him even more confuse as she shook her head. She looked just as confused as he is when he was throwing all these names she had never heard before. He found himself seated beside her, trying to understand what was happening but he was up for another surprise.

"Hun-ah, have you been going to school? I'm guessing I missed out a lot since school started without me right?", Soomi asked and Sehun froze in place; staring into thin air with a frightened look on his face. 'School started without her?', Sehun asked himself. Does she not remember everything? The year was coming to an end. They are suppose to be graduating soon. Sehun turned to Soomi and held her gently by her cheeks with both his hands, "Soomi-ah, what month do you think it is?", he asked seriously which made Soomi feel a little scared seeing the change of Sehun's behavior. "Stop acting Soomi! This isn't funny. Don't fool around in such situations. Don't you remember anything? Everything we've been through this year? Everything you've been through? The people we met? How can you not remember?", Sehun continue asking.

"Isn't it the beginning of the year? January? Who could we possibly meet more this year?", she asked which left Sehun speechless. Sehun stood up looking defeated. "I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere", he said before he rushed out the door only to bump into Soomi's parents who just came from seeing the doctor. Sehun looked at the both of her parents and immediately, he broke down. A whole year of memory was taken away from Soomi. Was it a blessing or was it a consequence she had to take for the mistake someone else did? "Sehun, what's wrong?", Soomi's father asked but before he could finish his question, Sehun was already cutting him off. "Soomi doesn't remember anything from this year. Nothing. Not even the people she had met throughout the year. She said it's only January right now...", he said trying to control his emotions.

Soomi's father looked at him confused... it can't be true. Soomi father quickly entered Soomi's room and there she was sitting on the bed looking confused but she was glad to see her father. "Appa, what is happening? Why is Sehun saying I don't remember anything?", Soomi asked looking terrified somehow before her eyes noticed a familiar woman; her mother. "What is she doing here?", Soomi asked immediately when she saw her mother as the tone of her voice changed. A tone that was somehow filled with hate.

"Soomi, she's your mother. Of course she will be here in such situations", Soomi father said in an angry tone. He was not going to have to deal with a fight at this moment knowing that his daughter possibly lost her memory from the entire year. Soomi crossed her arm with an angry look on her face. She was back to being that very arrogant kid towards her parents when it comes to their divorce, "Well, I don't need her here. I have you dad", she said which hurt her mother's feelings greatly. Soomi's mother suddenly felt out of place in that one tiny room as if she was an ant and the rest was the world. She felt so unwanted hearing such words from her own daughter.

"Soomi enough!", Soomi's father scolded causing the air to be so tensed in one room. Soomi lowered her head down while Sehun moved closer to her; putting his hands on her shoulder to comfort her as he was worried that it may drain the energy out of her. "I'm going to find the doctor. Keep her here no matter what", Mr.Go said and with that, Soomi felt imprisoned. Everything was so tensed in the room and it wasn't a good thing to wake up to for Soomi. It made her feel like she wanted to be asleep much longer.

The doctor came in not too long after and a few examinations took place as they needed to ensure of what is going on with Soomi. Everyone was indeed scared and nervous although Soomi seemed perfectly healthy in front of them. Could be having a sickness? Could she be mentally unstable? There was so many possibilities that they were done taking risks on Soomi. "After the examinations, the results has been finalized that Soomi's mind may have been in a state of shock before she was hit by the car. State of shock would mean something that has a huge impact on her. Being injured on her head from the accident may have made it worst; therefore allowing her to possibly forget a certain time frame. However, this could mean she would permanently forget this certain time frame but I am not saying that it is impossible for her to regain her memories", the doctor said informing Soomi's current condition.

"Besides this, Soomi perfectly fine and she'll be able to leave the hospital very soon", The doctor continued speaking with a smile on his face; ensuring that there was nothing to worry about. Sehun somehow felt relief all of a sudden. Soomi had forgotten the most heartbreaking part of her current life. It was like god had made the decision to save her from her sadness. He spared her poor heart and Sehun was glad to know that. He felt that blessing that Soomi was unaware of. She was given a chance to start over. She was given a chance to forget. It's exactly what she wished for isn't it? To forget. I guess her wish came true.

**********

Sehun continued to accompany Soomi at the hospital. He wasn't going to leave her even for a minute now knowing that she's awake. He didn't want to tire her parents out too as they've been through so much for the past 6 months. Everyone had went through a lot. In fact, he just wanted to be right next to her because he was still in shock. A part of him couldn't believe that Soomi was awake and she was there beside him. Responding to him, moving, blinking and even breathing. She was perfectly fine right there in fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter