Passerby.

Bus No.07
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning came and Lay was already out walking to the bus station. As usual, he had music accompanying by his ears with his hood up. He waited for about 30 minutes in the cold outside at the bus station until it finally came and picked him up. As he went to his usual seat, he went into his usual thinking. "Oppa, will you think of me when you're on the way home?", a female voice spoke to him in his memories. He saw himself smiling back at the girl. He saw himself nodding before replying, "Of course. There isn't anything else to think about". The girl in front of him was blushing happily before she clinged her arms with his arms. Lay sat there with a blank expression as he witness himself laughing happily right there but then those memories faded away when a girl sat beside him. He turned his head but the girl's face was hidden from him because it was covered by her hair. She apparently had her head lowered down. Not long after, when the music in Lay's ears stopped for awhile as it was changing to a different song Lay heard the sound of someone sobbing. He turned his head and pulled out his earphones to confirm the sound and it was definitely an accurate sound when he saw the girl who was seating beside him was actually crying. He knew that she was the same girl who was always right there beside him from the looks of her hands and definitely her scent. Her scent was something he noticed when she first sat beside him and he grew fond of it as it reminded him of the things he himself was very fond of. Lay's eyes flew down to the stranger's hands and he could see how she was trembling as she held her hands together. As we know, Soomi is the girl beside Lay. She wasn't letting herself cry just like that, she was actually holding herself back as much as possible. It was the tears that she couldn't control, although she was holding herself back she was too upset that the tears came anyway. She was finding for excuses to stop her tears from falling. She didn't even noticed how she was trembling. She couldn't even think properly when all she could think of what had happened which caused her to just cry even more. It was a Saturday morning and Soomi had ran out of her house trying to control her tears. Her memory was definitely pretty clear of what had happened that morning.

*Flashback*

"Soomi, you have to go see your mum today. It's her birthday remember?", Soomi's dad said reminding Soomi when she sat in front of him for breakfast but Soomi  froze instead of replying him. She pretty much just stared at her meal as her head went into thinking. "Understand?", her dad asked trying to get a confirmation but Soomi looked up and sighed before replying him, "I don't want to", she said looking at her dad and then back to her food. She was pretty much playing with the chopstick in her hands. Her dad looked down and he understood why she replied as such but then as a parent he insisted that Soomi go to her mother's house to wish her. "Just go, it won't hurt to visit her for awhile", her father said which got Soomi to look straight at him again after playing her utensils down. "It won't hurt?", she asked her dad with furious-ness in her eyes but at the same time they were getting softer and weak. "It won't hurt? Seeing her hurts. Did you forget what she did? What she did to us... what she did to you. Aren't you hurt remembering it? What makes you think that she deserves our kindness?", Soomi asked in an angry tone. Soomi's father had a sad look on the face. He had never forgotten his past and neither did Soomi. It was the biggest scar for both of them. "Ani, she doesn't deserve it so I'm not going over. I don't want to be reminded by the things she did that had damaged his household before", Soomi who already had tears streaming down her cheek said before standing up. She pushed the stool of the kitchen counter into the counter with her untouched food placed on the counter and said, "I'm going out for some fresh air", and left after grabbing her keys, phone and a coat.

*Flashback end*

Soomi's tears escaped her eyes even more as she was reminded how it was her mother's birthday and that it was one of the happiest moments she had in her life with her mother when they celebrated it 3 years ago. She hasn't spoken to her mother since then, she hasn't seen her mother since then. She never trusted love. She never understood it. She never want it after witnessing a broken love. She never believed in marriage since then. She never wanted love since then. All she wanted was the love from her dad and her friends. Nothing more. She was scarred when she saw how terrible and uncanny love could be. How cruel and unmerciful it could be to a person's heart but most importantly how painful or in other words hurtful it could be for a person and their heart. Watching her father struggle for a year was hell to her. She wasn't able to do anything to help. All she could do was hug him and watch him cry alone in his bedroom. She couldn't even tell him that it was going to be okay but she wasn't even sure if the future was going to be okay for them seeing them already at that state It was a fortune that they did found themselves back up on their feet. Soomi didn't want anything to do with her mother since then causing her to cut out all connections even though her father refused to do so. She just wanted to protect the ones she loves from ever getting hurt again. She couldn't bare watching it anymore. She couldn't bare holding it in every night like the way she used to but her eyes suddenly widened when something caught her attention. A hand holding a phone was in front of her with a message written on it saying, "Dangsi-neun gwaenchanh-a?". It was obvious from the stranger who was always beside her on the bus and so with her hair still covering her face, Soomi lifted her trembling hand and showed an 'okay' sign as she tried to stop her tears and was sniffing since all crying leads to a runny nose. The person beside her pulled back his phone and continued listening to his music while Soomi kept breathing and regained her cool. When the bus stopped in about 20 minutes later, Soomi immediately bowed her head and stood up; not showing her face at all. She then got off the bus and just stood there as the bus drove off with her back facing the bus. Lay who was on the bus watched her, he somehow wanted to see her face. After a month plus of seating beside each other, he suddenly grew curious about the girl's face. They never once saw each other's faces when they're just right beside each other. Unfortunately, it wasn't his luck. Soomi stood there staring at whatever was in front of her while she set her mind to forget whatever happened in the morning. She didn't want it to ruin her day as the pass drove right by her with Lay watching her the whole time with music being played through his earphones.

Soomi took one last deep breath and she was all set. She took out her phone and called her best friend. As she waited for Sehun to answer the phone, Soomi walked over to the sheltered bus station and sat down. "Oh Soomi-ah", Sehun answered after a few more seconds. Soomi let out a sighed of relief, "Sehunnie, are you free right now? Can you meet me at the diner?", she asked with hope in her voice. She needed a distraction and Sehun was the best of out the best for her. It would be nice to spend some quality time too since they were pretty busy studying at home the day before and didn't go out like they usually would on Friday nights. "Yeah sure, I just finished breakfast. See you in 30 minutes?", Sehun said as he ran up to his room to get his coat and his wallet after hanging up the phone call. Slowly, Soomi made her way on foot to their usual diner and remember how it was only 8am in the morning and the diner hasn't opened yet. Which only means that she's stuck standing outside in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter