Without Words.

Bus No.07
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm leaving! Oh and I'm taking the bus home! Need to look for my access card", Soomi shouted from the front door of her house to her dad before closing the door and began making her way through the pathway of her lawn and out to the streets where Sehun was waiting for her with earphones plugged into only one of his ears and he was shaking his head to the rhythm of the music that he was listening to. Soomi and Sehun woke up super early that day as she had plans with Sehun to walk to school. Since the morning air was so refreshing, these two kids would do wonders together. Besides, they needed to be in school a little earlier as Chanyeol demanded to discuss with everyone except for D.O about his spying plans which he said should we carried forward to another week to reduce any suspicions that D.O might have towards them. Well, while everyone wasn't giving a care in the world about it Chanyeol was all over it like a child who had gone out of his house for the first time but of course everyone didn't want to pop his bubble of excitement and decided to just ride along to please him. Soomi stood beside Sehun and bumped him using her hips, "Are you done superstar?", she asked while Sehun finally noticed that Soomi was out already. He didn't wait long, Soomi hated being late so the moment Sehun calls her she would already be at her doorsteps heading out. Sehun scoffed as he kept his earphons; he wouldn't need it anymore since Soomi was around to accompany and tolerate his annoying habits, "At least I'm a superstar while you're a student", he said pushing Soomi from the back so they can start their walking journey to school. Soomi glared at Sehun and laughed, "But I sing better than you do". Sehun nodded, "Fair enough but you're too much of a scaredy cat to actually get your on stage while I'm already dancing up there", he said winning over Soomi in their little superstar topic. Soomi pouted her lips to the side and stayed quiet. Sehun was right. Sehun has been performing on stage since he was in middle school and he was good at it; rapping and dance to be specific while Soomi was just a normal student that is always beside him. Soomi has a great voice but she has the fear of being on stage or in other words, stage fright. Therefore, she never bothered trying. She rather being a normal girl with a cool talented friend. She prefered supporting her best friend that being on the same stage.

Soomi then quickly walked faster and began walking backwards facing Sehun. "You know, we never told each other what was our first impression of each other when we meet in elementry school. Tell me yours", she said with her hands holding on the straps of her bag pack. Sehun smiled as if he was about to laugh, "Ladies first", he said turning the table which got Soomi to glare at him again. "Arasso, I thought that you were a mean person and 'oh my god' (she said the '- -' it in english), you are! Chukahae!", Soomi teased but she was telling the truth. Soomi could tell Sehun almost anything which only brought their friendship closer over the years of growing up together. "Well, I thought you were pretty", Sehun said when Soomi turned to face forward with her back facing him and then started laughing. "Bo? Pretty? You're crazy", Soomi exclaimed but only to receive a flick on the side of her head. "I'm not done talking!", Sehun interupted Soomi back while she rubbed her head from the flick she received. Sehun smiled to himself with his hands in his pockets and said, "I thought you were pretty then I changed my mind, I thought I was going to hate you because you're all nice", making Soomi laugh forgetting the fact that she got flicked. It was funny the way two best friends meet, they were in the same elementry school together for 2 years as they shifted to the school in the same year but only got closed at the last year of elementry school. Soomi headed to te waiting area after an extra class and it had brought to her attention that there was a boy who was sitting there alone. There weren't usually anymore students waiting around when she finished her extra classes in school and it was definitely weird for her to suddenly see a boy there. She sat down at her usual spot to wait for her mum and noticed how the boy or should we Sehun, had a frown on his face. Being the kind girl that she is, Soomi took her things and sat beside the boy. "Why are you frowning?", she asked looking at the boy beside her but he took a moment to reply. Soomi could tell that he was about to cry. "My dad's really late", the young Sehun said. Soomi nodded, understanding what he said but then patted his shoulder, "Gwaenchana, I always go back late and I always have food to keep me accompany", she said  digging out all the junk food she carried with her; grabbing Sehun's full attention. "Here", she said passing Sehun a bun filled with chocolate cream which looks like a panda. Sehun looked at Soomi and got a little confused. Soomie smiled and said, "Eat it, you must have grown hungry while waiting". Sehun stared at the bun for a few seconds, "This is my favourite", he said. "Kamsahamnida", he continued speaking before he began eating the bun. His mood has definitely been enlightened.

Young Soomi ate some other food that she had brought with a smile on her face. She felt really happy to have help someone. After waiting a little longer, the two kids were already friends as they started playing games to kill time while waiting but it was cut short when Sehun's dad arrived. "I'll see you tomorrow Soomi. You're a good friend", Sehun said after rolling down the window from the passenger sit and since that day, they continued to bond and grow up together; all the way through the last year of elemetry school to middle school and now here they are going through high school. Back to the present, Soomi nodded. "I was too much of a goodie back then than I am now right?", she said admitting that she was very very obedient back then. People often misunderstood her back then but her surrounding grew to know that it was just natural for Soomi to be nice. She was raised that way. If she had to give away her favourite bun to make her friend happy everyday, she would and she never told Sehun how the panda cream bun was her favourite bun too. She ended up bringing it everyday to school for Sehun back when they're younger. Sehun and Soomi started walking beside each other ones more, "Actually, this is pretty tiring. We're only half way there", Sehun said complaining already. Soomi turned to him with a mischievious smile, "And who came up with the idea to walk?", she asked teasing her best friend and making the atmosphere fun because Sehun started chasing her. When they got to school, they both decided that they should just ride Sehun's bike the next day. Soomi and Sehun were definitely a pair of best friends who like to try and experiment new things together. They found it fun although it doesn't seem that way.

"So this is what's going to happen in next Friday. We're going to go on the mission in 3 teams. That'll be Baekhyun and Xiumin. Kai and me, then Sehun and Soomi", Chanyeol said prepping everyone when everyone settled themselves down in the morning as usual; before D.O came. Chanyeol clapped his hands once, "We'll all spy on them from different angles. If one team gets caught, do not blow the other teams covers. This will be fun!", he said out of excitement when he finished laying out the plans. Baekhyun showed a very annoyed face, "Can we stop talking about this now?", he asked closing his eyes with his hand covering half of his face. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun and showed his tongue at him; making Baekhyun lean forward motioning his hand as if he was going to punch Chanyeol; a little joking threat. "Alright alright!", Kai said a little loud to settle Chanyeol and Baekhyun down. He turned his head to the rest and asked, "Should we go somewhere after school? I mean, I feel bored nowadays". Xiumin nodded, "Wanna go play pool? I'll go with you", he asked. Kai nodded and invited the others, "Lets. Anyone else wanna join?". Everyone shook their heads, everyone had plans already. Dinner with parents and so on but for Soomi, she needed to catch the bus to find her access card. How funny isn't it? So much trouble so one card. Soomi walked slowly to the bus station after school; alone. Sehun's dad picked him up for the day as they were going to head out for dinner. Soomi had a book in her hand; reading a book called Lovely White Bones. Soomi was fluent in English. She had taken classes since she was in elementry school. Her parents thought that it would be a great advantage once she grew up and was already exposed to the world. When she got to the bus station, as expected she was early so she sat there and occupied herself by continue to read her book. On the inside, she was hopping that she finds her access card or her dad will actually go mad.

Not long later, she looked up and sighed. She was starting to get worried about her card. There was a possibility of someone taking it or throwing it out throughout the whole day. I mean, a lot of people takes the bus; apparently. She started thinking of excuses or a good way to cover herself up until the bus arrived. With hope in her eyes, she hopped on the bus and immediately asked the bus driver. "Ahjussi, yesterday I took this bus home. Did you possibly found an access card? It's plain white", she asked politely since the driver was already going into his old age. The bus driver quickly shook his head, "Aniyeo, I didn't see or received any. Mianhamnida, I'm going to drive now. Please take a seat", he said destroying Soomi's hopes of finding her card. She bowed her head and made her way to find a seat but while doing that, she was looking all over the floor to see if it may have dropped somewhere. She bit her natural red lips and  continued looking until she was really convinced that it was gone which brought her to just find a seat and wait to get off the bus. As she looked around, it hit her. She saw the sit she sat on before was empty with the same person by the window. Weird. She felt weird about the whole situation. 'Does the person sit there everyday?,' she aske

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter