Running Away

Take Me Away

 

 

 

Looking straight at his eyes, she saw something that she knew she didn’t like.


 

“Let go.” she said again but calmer.


 

Which he did let go.


 

“Now that’s more like it.” he said and smirked at her. “We should probably get going, you wouldn’t want to them to wait any longer.”


 

Shinhye then left first, and kept him behind.



 

***



 

They all were gather in the dining room.


 

“So, I see that Shinhye has gotten very prettier than the last time we last saw her.” Mrs. Lee said while looking at Shinhye.

 

“The last time we saw you, was when you were 16. I can’t believe its been 3 years, time flies so fast.” Mr. Lee added also.

 

“Ah, yes time does seem to fly fast. I also remember seeing Jongsuk when he was 21 while Shinhye was 16.” Mrs. Park replied to them.

 

“And the fact that they’re going to be engaged is like a blessing.” Mr. Park said.


 

Shinhye then gave a silent scoff, at her father’s statement.  


 

Shinhye then caught a small glance at Jongsuk. He was staring at her the whole entire conversation.


 

“Jongsuk my boy, it seems like you’ve been silent the entire time, so what do you think of this engagement.” Mr. Lee asked his son.


 

Jongsuk then swiftly turned his glance to his father and smiled politely.


 

“I think it’s going to be interesting, father.” he replied back and turn to look at Shinhye’s reaction.


 

Shinhye only looked away.



 

***



 

They then returned home after a long day at the Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s house.


 

Shinhye was about to leave to her room, but then her mother stopped her.


 

“Your engagement party will held in about 3 months.” Mrs. Park told her.


 

She said nothing in return, and headed to her room.


 

“Good, because I won’t be attending it.” she said to herself.  



 

***



 

The next morning, her parents went off to work. It was about 6am. Shinhye then got up and prepared her bags and luggage.


 

“It seems today is the day.” she told herself.


 

She called in a taxi, and waited for about 25mins for the ride.


 

The taxi then came, and she got in the car.


 

“Please take me to the international airport, please.” she requested.

 

“Yes, ma’am.” the taxi driver said.


 

***


 

In the international airport, Shinhye got in line for her airplane plane ticket. It took her about half an hour since the airport was packed with many people.


 

She then got in the airplane, a few minutes later. She arrived in South Korea, in Seoul. When she reached in Seoul, she call her best friend, Dahee to come pick her up.


 

“Wahhh!!! Shinhye ya is that really you.” Dahee said when she arrived in the airport.


 

Shinhye turned around, took off her sunglasses and gave her a huge smile.


 

“It’s been awhile Dahee ya. It’s nice to meet you again.” Shinhye said and gave her a hug.

 

“Wow, you’re more ier now, and prettier.” Dahee told her.

 

“What, are you saying that I wasn’t before.” Shinhye teasingly said.

 

“Aniya, that wasn’t what I mean.” Dahee replied.

 

“I know I was just kidding.” she said.

 

“Then lets get going, you're probably hungry.” she took one of her bag and leed the way.


 

***


 

They arrived at her house.


 

“It’s good to be in Seoul again.” she said while unpacking her stuff.

 

“Well, it’s good to have you back again.” she told her.


 

Shinhye got done with packing so she went to the kitchen to help prepare food for them.


 

“What do you need help with.” she said.

 

“No its ok, you just stay still and rest.” she assured her.

 

“Are you sure?” she asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m 100% sure.” she said.


 

When Dahee was done cooking, she prepared the dining table for them.


 

“So, how was life in the US.” she asked, wanting to know what the US is like.

 

“Well, you can say its totally different than Seoul.” she replied.

 

“What kind of answer is that. Well anyways, since you’re here, we should have a girl’s night out don’t you think.” she suggested.

 

“Yeah, but not right now, I still have to apply for college.” she told her friend.

 

“Apply for college? But didn’t you say you were just visiting.” she asked confused.

 

“Ah, did I just forgot to tell you that my parents let me stay in Seoul, how can I left that important news out.” she pretended to forgot to tell her. She basically lied to her best friend.

 

“Now, that’s very odd. Earlier you said your parents letted you visit not to stay.” she asked curious about her explanation.

 

“Araso! You caught me. I ran away from home. So I’m trusting you to not bail me out ok.” she told the truth to her.

 

“But why did you lie, unless you have a reason too. Spill it out already.” she forced it out on her.

 

“Do you really want to know?” she asked.

 

“If you want my trust, then you must tell me the reason why.” she said.

 

“Fine, but don’t say I didn’t warn ya.” she told her.