New Student

Take Me Away

 

 

 

Yonghwa hanged up his phone, put it in his pocket and ran to her house as fast as he can. Just like what he told her on the phone, he made it to her house less than 10 minutes. She was already waiting for him outside, with her hands interlocked behind her back, while she looked at her shoes. As he turned the corner of the building huffing and puffing, he saw her lovely as ever.

 

He walked slowly towards her without her knowing, while thinking to himself. Even if there’s streetlights, moonlight and starlights up in the night sky. She was the only one who shined the most, blinding him, he can only see her. She then looked up at the stars in the night sky, and saw a small figure at the corner of her eye, and turned her head.

 

“Oh, just in time. You’re faster than I thought.” she turned to face him, and slowly walked towards him.

 

He notice her walking. “Wait! Stay where you are. I’ll come to you.” she stopped walking, as he came face to face with her.

 

She stared at him. “Why did you wait outside for me? You should've just stayed inside.” he asked her, in a worried tone. “Or else you’ll get sick.” he took off his jacket and covered her with it.

 

She held onto his jacket. “What about you, you could get sick also.” she was about to take the jacket off of her shoulders, but then he quickly hugged her.

 

“Uhmmm, this is much more warmer. Should I just hug you all the time so that I won’t get sick.” he joked with her.

 

As he hugged her, he just noticed how cold her cheeks were when his cheek touched hers. He broke off the hug, looked at her, and put both of his hands on her cheeks to feel his warmth.

 

“Why is your cheek so cold? Have you been waiting outside for me the whole time?” he asked, with his hands still on her cheeks.

 

She gave him a cheesy smile. “I’m okay really.” she took his hands on her cheeks and held them instead.

 

He just stared at her. “I’m sorry for earlier. I was being a jerk right.” he apologizes.

 

She shook her head. “Lets just forget about everything bad that happened today okay.” she gave him a reassuring smile, while he nodded.

 

“Before you get any sicker, go straight to bed and warm yourself up.” he demanded her.

 

“Araseo. You better go straight to bed and warm yourself up too.” she copied him.

 

He nodded at her demand. “My jacket.” he held out his hand.

 

“Nope. You gave it to me.” she pouted at him, and he giggled at her cuteness.

 

“Araseo. Then I’ll be leaving first.” he turned around, but she held onto his wrist, turning him around to face her.

 

“Wae?” he asked confused.

 

She suddenly tip-toed and gaved him a light peck on his dye lips.

 

“A good night kiss.” she smiled at him, and went inside.

 

Stunned at first with her sudden action, he touched his lips. All the way to his house, he smiled like a lunatic, thinking to himself that it couldn't get any better than this.



 

***



 

The next day, Yonghwa got up pretty early to get ready and pick up Shinhye. Took a warm shower, got dressed, fixed his hair, and headed to the living room. For breakfast he just took an apple with him. He got his car keys, and went into the garage to get his car.

 

A few minutes later, he arrived at her house. He knocked on their door, and Dahee was the one who opened it.

 

“Oh it’s Yonghwa. Shinhye’s still getting ready. You can come in and wait for her.” he came in and closed the door.

 

He went to the living room, and sat on their cushion. “So…..Yonghwa? Did Shinhye say anything to you yesterday?” Dahee asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

 

He turned his neck, looking at her. “What do you mean?” he thought for a few second. “Oh, you mean the argument we had.”

 

Dahee seemed confused with what he just said, until Shinhye showed up and gave her a look that says, “She forgot to tell him.” to which Dahee gave her a “Oh.” look.

“Did you wait long?” she changed the subject.

 

To which he replied, “No, shall we get going then.” they headed to the door, but was stopped.

 

“Oh, the professor asked me to tell you guys to stop skipping classes and attend them.” Dahee warned them.

 

“That’s what we’re doing. You wanna come along, to see if we attend our classes.” Shinhye asked her.

 

“Okay.” she happily agreed.



 

***



 

As Yonghwa parked his car at the school’s parking lot, they got out of the car. Yonghwa and Shinhye held hands while they walked to their classes, while Dahee was the third wheel. They were greeted by Minhyuk, Jungshin and Jonghyun when they entered the room. The teacher came in, and took role.

 

“As class is now starting, I would like to introduce you to our new student before we get down to business. You may come in, and introduce yourself.” the teacher said, as the new student came in.

 

“Hello, everyone. My name is…….”