Searching Where You Are

Take Me Away

 

 

 

Back in the US, Jongsuk’s search for Park Shin Hye wasn’t successful. It’s been more then 2 weeks, and she still wasn’t found. He was stressed out, he didn’t know what to do. All day long, he would yell at his secretary, whenever he fails to bring good news to him. He hasn’t been home a couple of days, no, he wouldn’t leave his office.


 

“Where could she be?! Is she not in this state?! Where else could she go?!” he yelled in frustration, across his office.


 

His cellphone on his desk then took his attention. He looked at the caller’s ID and answered it with a low voice.


 

“Deh,...omma.” he said through the phone.

 

“Jongsuk ah, it’s been more then 2 weeks, you haven’t been resting and eating well. Just come back home for the time being, and when you’re all better you can get back to finding her. I know it’s hard for you, but in time she will come back.” Mrs. Lee tried to reason out with him.

 

“I know, but if I come back home empty handed then what kind of man will that make me. A useless bastard! If I can’t find her, then I’ll never leave this place. I’ll have to find her until then, so don’t worry I can take care of myself. Besides, I already promise Mr. and Mrs. Park that I’ll find her to prove that I’m the one for her. So I can’t go home now.” Jongsuk explained to his mother.

 

“Ok fine, I approve, but only under one condition. Just don’t over do it.” his mother said.

 

“Thank you. I’ll be hanging up now.” he said and ended the call.


 

A knock then came through his door. It was his secretary, Jongsuk allowed him to come in. When he came in, he was holding a folder on his right hand.


 

“Yes, can I help you.” Jongsuk said, tiredly.

 

“Sir, we were able to track down her passport, sir.” he said, while looking down.

 

“What?! Does that mean you know where she is!” he asked his secretary.

 

“Not exactly sir, but we know that she’s not in this state. We’re only beginning to search right now, all the other men are interviewing the airport workers. They’re looking through all of the files for the search of her name. As soon as they find it and report it to me, then I’ll report it as fast as I can right to you.” he assured his boss.

 

“Good, very good. Now I can rest assure knowing that I have a chance of finding her. You can go back now.” he said, as his secretary went out.


 

He immediately called his assistance.


 

“I would like a vacation, about a month and a half for now.” he asked his assistance.

 

“As you wish sir.” he said, and schedule it to his calendar.


 

“Finally the time has come. I knew that only time can give me the answer to finding her.” he opened his drawer and got out something shiny, “And when I do find you, I’ll confess and we can proceed out wedding engagement, and then I’ll promise you I’ll never let you go.” he said, as he caress the shiny object.



 

***



 

“Ahhh, finally some fresh air, it feels like it’s been months.” he said to his friend, while stretching his body.

 

“Aigoo, you were stuck in that office of yours for how long, 2 weeks, and for what, searching for a girl who ran away from home.” he said as he shook his head at him.

 

“What did you say, a girl? Yah Kim Won Bin, she’s not a girl, she’s a women.” Jongsuk said as he smacked his head.

 

“Yah, there’s plenty of women out their. There’s cute ones, and y ones, but knowing what kind of person you are, you would prefer the cute ones. Lets just hang out in the club, get some drinks, dance like there's no tomorrow with girls.” Wonbin told him, putting his arm around his shoulder.

 

“No thank you, I prefer to just relax, after a long and tiring day. If you want to go that badly, go by yourself. Also, I just don’t like any other girls, besides I have a one already, we’re planning to get married soon.” he said to him, thinking ahead of what he thought might happen.

 

“Who is it? Is it the one that ran away? Ha, tell me why she ran away if you guys were getting married? Were you that horrible looking that she didn’t want to marry you. It’s okay buddy, you still have me left. Even if you didn’t show me a picture of her, I’m pretty sure she wasn’t that pretty all.” he said to Jongsuk.

 

“She is super pretty! Prettier than any of the girls you probably met before!” he defended Shinhye.

 

“If she is, then why don't you show me a picture of her then. We’ve been friends for so long, and you’ve never shown her picture to me.” he said.

 

“Because if I did then I’m pretty sure you would have tried to court her, or maybe check her out.” he said to him, and walked ahead of him.


“I’m serious though, I’m really curious ever since you told me about her. You’ve never even mention her name to me once.” he yelled at Jongsuk as he picked up his pace.