Warm Welcome

I Fell in Love with My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When we stepped into the classroom, the class was already filled with around twenty students and the teacher was standing at a podium at the front of the classroom, awaiting our arrival.

“Okay, quiet class. We have two exchange students this year,” the teacher, Miss Li, instructed. The class erupted with murmurs of excitement. “Please give them a warmly welcome.” She motioned for us to step to the podium, “please introduce yourselves.”

Kris began, “Hello everyone, my name is Kris, Wu Yifan. You can call me Kris or Yifan. Nice to meet you,” he bowed with all our books still in his arms. His casual introduction earned giggles and whistles from the girls in the glass. I guess being good looking did have its benefits.

I followed suit, “Hello everyone, my name is Janice, Ouyang Jiayi. You can call me Janice or Jiayi. I hope we can have a great year together,” I tried my best to smile affably at the class.

“Great. Please sit at those two open seats,” Miss Li motioned toward the two empty seats that were placed next to each other. We thanked her and I took the seat next to the window while Kris took the seat to the right of mine.

“Hello Yifan, I’m Xinyi, Chen Xinyi,” the girl sitting in front of Kris said and smiled charmingly at him after turning around. He simply smiled and nodded coolly and, thus, she turned around in defeat.

“Getting all the chicks already, eh?” I winked at Kris.

“You’re just jelly, Jan,” he smirked and threw my books at me. And by threw, I meant threw. If I responded a second too late, those books would be in my face instead of in my arms.

“Whatever you say,” I sang and turned my attention to front of the classroom. Wait, where did the teacher go? Did she teleport somewhere or something? I could have sworn she was just there a moment ago.

“Good morning. Did you settle in okay?” a soothing voice behind me asked. I turned around to meet the smiling face of a boy with silky brown hair. Wait...that hair, that cute dimple...oh!

“Oh, hi, Yixing. And yes, thank you,” I mirrored his smile.

“That’s good. This is my friend,” he pointed to a boy with a cute, baby face tousled light brown hair, who was nudging Yixing, “Xi Luhan.”

“Hello, Luhan, I’m Jiayi,” I gave my best shot at a charming smile, earning an adorable eye smile from Luhan. Gosh, was this boy cute.

“Getting all the boys already, eh?” Kris punched my arm and mocked my previous statement.

“Shut up, jerk Wu.”

“Oh, Yixing. Where’d the teacher go?” I asked Yixing.

“Actually, you can call me Lay. All my friends call me Lay,” he grinned widely. Yay! Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter