chapter 38

My feeling is not a bet!

 

Yunho POV

 

Jung Yunho ! You almost hit him! You almost hit Jae, damn it! I wipe my hand against my face and run it along my hair harshly. What's happened to me? I don't even understand myself anymore! All the images of incident last night vividly playing in my mind. The way his body fall on the floor while his body is trembling violently. His tears....I swear I don't wanna to see any of them anymore. I'm was supposed to gain his trust but then, I destroy that little faith.

For the whole night, I can't sleep. There is no way I can sleep because everytime I close my eyes, the image of him crying appear in my mind. It's ing hurt. I turn to look at the clock beside my bed. It's already 6 am. I should go take a bath. I will go and meet him. We may have a little talk on the ride I send him to school. I get outside my room and look at my watch. It's already 6.30 a.m. Jae probably in the kitchen, helping mom to prepare the breakfast.

"Good morning Yunho! You are early!" Mom greeted me cheerfully. I look at Jae beside her but as expected, Jae quickly averted his eyes.

"Morning, mom." I replied shortly.

"Oh dear...you looked so sad! It is because mom and dad are gonna leaving you today?" Mom pulled me into her embrace.

"Mom, please don't be over reacted." I slightly push her away.

"Oh our shy Yunho." She pinched my cheek causing me to wince a bit. I take a seat opposite him. He still doesn't even look at me. He must be afraid of me now.

"Good bye you two. Mom is gonna miss both of you so much." Mom hugged me and Jae. Her eyes are glistening with tears.

"We will miss you too. Please take care." Jaejoong said with a smile. How I wish that smile was for me.

"Thank you, Jae. Yunho, make sure you take care of Jae." Dad warned sternly.

"Yes, Dad!" I answered and glance at Jae. He shows any response.

"We have to go now. Good bye, take care." I said and get inside the car while Jae follows after me. We are both waving at them and disappear from their sight. I take a deep breath. Now, there is only me and Jae in the car. Only us.

"We don't know how long they will be gone." I started, trying to attract his attention. He didn't respond at me instead, he keeps looking at the window. I let out a sigh. It was so damned awkward along the ride and the worst is he never looks at me. His eyes keep locking at the window. Afte  a while, we reached at his school. End of the hell ride.

"Jae..." I reach for his hand. I had to be the first one.

"Don't touch me." He quickly yanked away his hand, surprising me. I look at his face and startle for a moment when I saw he was scared. Of me? Obviously.

"I...I...will be going first." He rushed to get out of the car and walk away. I clench on my fist tightly. He was scared of me! Jung Yunho, what are you had done?!

 

 

 

Jaejoong POV

 

"What?! He wants to slap you?!!" Both Yoona and Heechul shouted in unison after I told them what happened last night including the story about the phone, and Siwon. I nod my head slowly. I swear I feel so scared of him last night. He was not the same Yunho I knew before!

"How dare he?! Let me give him my flying kick!!!" Yoona yelled and walk away madly.

"Yoona stop! Where are you going?" I hold her hand.

"Let go off me!! Let me kick his so hard so that he will regret raise his hand toward my friend!!" She exclaimed and struggling to release his hand from my grip.

"Yoona, calm down!! Heechul, help me!!" I was practically holding Yoona hand tightly. Heechul stand up and standing in front of Yoona.

"Yoona!" He clapped his hand causing Yoona to startle.

"Errr...sorry..." She apologised causing me to release her hand.

"Did he say anything to you this morning?"Heechul asked curiously.

"He did but I ignored him." I answered. I just can act like nothing happen.

"You should be." Yoona interrupted. She is obvious in annoying mood.

"Jae, give me your phone that his mom gave you last night?" He suddenly asked me. I nod my head slowly and take out the phone from my pocket. Honestly, it feels so awkward to hold it. I had never had any handphone before. My first handphone ever. Heechul takes the phone.

"Whoah...it’s a latest brand." He praised. I just nod my head. I don't know what he did to my phone but then, he put the phone at his ears. I looked at him in wonder.

"I’m not your baby, jerk!!" Both Yoona and I gasped when suddenly Heechul snapped. Who he was talking with?

"I just want to say that Jae is gonna back with me today so you don't need to fetch him. That's all!" He hangs up the phone and smiling at us.

"Heechul!!" I yelled loudly. I finally realise he was talking with Yunho.

"Jae, you really have to do something!!" Heechul said firmly causing me to gulp. What's wrong with him?

 

 

I look around, scanning the people surrounding us. Most of them were dressing in expensive outfits. But, it is humiliating since they were looking at us weirdly.

"Heechul, why we are here?!" I asked curiously as I lower down my head. We are currently in the clothes shop and to be specific in the male underwear's garment with various weird kind of underwear.

"Jae, please don't ask such stupid question. Of course, we are gonna buy you underwear!!" He said fiercely.

"Ssshh...Heechul, slow down your voice." I whispered, notice a few pair of eyes were looking at us. They must feel weird seeing two high school boys wandering around here. Heechul are pratically ignoring them and dragging me to the aisle of scary looking of underwear. My mouth opens widely in shock.

"Close your mouth...you looked so deprived now." He blurted causing me to immediately shut off my mouth.

"What are these?" I whispered. This is my first time seeing these kinds of underwear.

"Don't tell me you don't know about them?!" Heechul asked while I shake my head innocently.

"This is thong and lingerie." He answered. I looked at one of them which are in red colour. It had shaped like elephant face with its long nose.

"You like that?!" Heechul grinned. My eyes open widely. Never once I imagined I will wear this kind of thing.

"Boy likes that. I'm pretty sure Yunho like it." Heechul answered making me froze. Yunho likes it?

"Do you think...he knew about this kind of thing?" I asked slowly, almost inaudible.

"Of course Jae. I bet he was a lot expert in this." He said causing me to gulp down.

"Okay now, tell me how he is on the bed?" Heechul looked at me causing me to startle.

"I mean...did he likes to or more into thing?" He added. I can feel my face was burning hot. Heechul is so blunt.

"Jae, don't be shy. We are deadly serious here." He snapped.

"Well...he kind of rough." I whispered slowly.

"Really?" Heechul tapped his finger against his chin slowly. He looks like a detective.

"He will definitely rip off yours." He said and I can't hold anymore.

"Heechul, I'm gonna go!!" I said and walk away. He was so weird and crazy.

"Jae, stop! You are not going anywhere!!" He holds my hand.

"Listen! Do you want Yunho to leave Ara and being crazy over you once again?!!" He asked. I nod my head slowly. Heechul was right.

"So follow me." He said sternly. I reluctantly follow him.

 

 

We finished after almost 2 hours. I ended up buying a pair of thong and the weird elephant underwear. It’s all because of Heechul. He was so noisy and annoying.

“You must be hungry right?” He asked.

“No. Yunho must be worried right now. You have to send me home.” I said plainly. Eventho I was so hungry right now, I should go back. It’s already too late.

“Relax Jae, it’s still early. We should go eat first. Just ignore that jerk.” He complained.

“But Heechul…” I whined.

“No but. Let’s go!” He said and dragged me toward the lift. Food court is at upper level.

There are a lot of peoples in the food court. Fortunately, there are few of empty seat. After ordering the foods, we sit on the empty seats.

“Heechul, is this really okay?” I asked worriedly thinking about Yunho right now. He must feel so anxious.

“Chillax Jae, don’t think about him. This is your problem. You gave too much.” Heechul’s voice turned serious making me fell silent.

“Did he ever thought about your feeling when he sleep at Ara’s house before?” He continued while I say nothing.

“Hey, don’t you believe at your bestfried, Kim Heechul?” He smiled and suddenly he sound so calmed. So assure.

“Never.” I joked causing him to yell in frustration. I laugh in response. Suddenly, both of us caught Yunho and Ara enters the food court. My heart is beating nervously and I can feel like it almost jumps out of my chest.  I stand up, ready to walk but Heechul stopped me.

“Stay.” He commanded. What did he think?

 

 

 

Ara POV

 

"Yunho, are you okay? Am I disturbing you?" I asked in concern after hearing him sighed heavily. He looked so different today. He didn't talk more and always spacing out. Fortunately, he agrees to have a drink with me in this evening. It's weird since he was supposed to fetch Jaejoong. But I guess it's my luck.

"Nothing." He put a slight smile and takes a gulp of his juice.

"Tell me." I said firmly making him sigh once again.

"It's about Jae right?" I guessed even thought I know so well. Just tell me Yunho. Open your heart to me.

“Well, you know about Jae and I right?” He began. I nod my head silently. Somehow, it makes me curious.

“Jae was a bet.” He said and I feel like my heart is stopped beating. My mouth froze.

“Jae was a bet I made with Yoochun, Donghae and Changmin before.” He continued and I just want to scream happily. Oh God, thank you so much for letting me know the truth.

“I all start with a bet. Everything is just to win the game. To prove my words.” He continued slowly.

The sound of fork steel fall against the marble floor distracted my attention. I glance and to my surprise I was Jae and his friends. The tears were falling shamelessly down his cheek. His friend stands up and dragging Jae away from the table. His friends turn to look at me. Our eyes meet but neither of us says anything.

“Ara?” Yunho called after seeing me spacing out.

“Ah nothing. What did you talk before?” I asked, quickly changing the topic. Yunho shouldn’t know about Jae is here. He turns to look at my direction and to my relief, Jae is already disappearing. A lot of peoples were enough to block Yunho’s sight.

“So Yunho?” I called causing Yunho to look at me back.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yes. Please continue about the bet. I mean Jae?” I was stuttered. But Yunho said nothing.

“Then?” I asked curiously. I must act like nothing happened. Acted like I had never saw Jae.

“I fall in love.” He answered making me startle. The thought of Jae is already dismissed.

“You love him?” I asked, almost whispering. Yunho’s lip curves a smile. The genuine smile full of love and sincerity. The smile that I had never seen before. And it’s from Jung Yunho. He had never smiled at me like that during our high school even thought we were a lover.

“He is my other half. My life is never complete without him and I don’t think I can live without him by my side.” He confessed and I swear I feel so different. Its aches.

“Cheesy right?” He let out a fake laugh. 

“Yunho…” I called slowly. He looked so fragile.

“Everything was really hard and tough for us these days. I don’t know Ara, what should I do? What should I do to prove my love toward him? What should I do to gain his trust back?” He raise his voice a little and I can tell he was so desperate right now. I fell silent. Nothing could register into my mind right now. Seeing Yunho in this state broke my heart deeply. He looked down while his fingers were playing with the straw of his drink.

“I miss him. I miss him too much. I can’t afford this feeling. It’s ing hurt.” He continued and why I, Go Ara didn’t say anything? Where is my acting talent? Where is my brilliant idea? I don’t know anymore. He raise his head and look straight into my eyes.

“I lose, Ara.” He confessed but his lip is smiling happily. Jung Yunho, the man that would never admit his defeat. But he lose against his love. He lose in front of Kim Jaejoong. My heart is aching painfully at those thoughts.

“I already lose the bet long time ago. The moment I fall in love with him is the moment my defeat. I had fall deeply into his love. Day by day. Time by time. It’s already too late.” He said. His voice sound so weak and different from the usual confident Jung Yunho.

“Then, what do you want to do?” I asked, forcing the words to come out. He takes a deep breath and breathing slowly.

“I want to fix my mistake.” He said firmly.

“Means?” I asked while my heart is beating nervously waiting for his answer.

“I want to cancel off the bet. I want to admit my defeat. Because what’s matter is our happiness.” He said and put a smile. The relief smile but I say nothing. The images of Jae crying just now are flashing in my mind.

You are already too late Yunho. I’m sorry.

 


 

“Don’t cry Jae. Don’t be like this Jae!” Heechul snapped harshly seeing Jaejoong who was crying in despair in front of him. It was his fault. If he didn’t stop Jaejoong to leave before, Jaejoong will never know about the bet. He will never see this pitiful state of his bestfriend.

Jaejoong said nothing and just keep crying. No matter how much he tried, he can’t stop his tears. His heart is aching painfully. He can’t stand it anymore. He feels like he wants to die. So, everything was a bet. Yunho did never love him. No wonder Yunho didn’t want to let go off him. It’s all for the sake of the bet.

Heechul’s palm balls in fist. He decides to bring Jaejoong to his house. Jaejoong needs him at this moment not that damn . Jaejoong bring his knee against his chest and hugging them tightly. He was like a baby. A broken and fragile human being.

“Jae…” Heechul reached for Jaejoong hand and he can feel it was trembling hardly against his skin. Jaejoong must be hurting too much. Beyond everything. 

“Hey…” Heechul get on the bed and lays his body beside Jaejoong, facing Jaejoong’s wet face.

“Don’t cry, please.” He reached his hand and wipes the tears on Jaejoong’s cheek. Jaejoong said nothing but shakes his head slowly. His sobs become louder. Fortunately, Heechul parent is not at home. Never. Without a word, Heechul pull Jaejoong against his chest and embracing him tightly.

“It’s hurt Heechul. It’s ing hurt.” Jaejoong clenched on Heechul’s shirt and crying louder. Heechul caress his bestfriend back while his lip is bleeding because of how hard he bites his lip. No matter what, he shouldn’t cry. He had to be strong for Jaejoong.

 

 

 

Yunho drives his car inside the garage. He turns off the engine and takes the deep breath. He already makes a decision to tell Jaejoong everything. Everything! And of course, it involves the bet. No more secret, no more hurts, no more pain, only happiness. Jaejoong deserves happiness and Yunho will do anything to makes his loved one feel happy. And tonight is the night. But, why does his heart feel uneasy and different? He not usually believes this kind of sign but somehow, it makes Yunho curious. He stepped inside the house. Jaejoong was not in the living room and he must be in his room. Yunho walk toward his room and takes a bath. He needs to calm himself first. After finish dressing, he walks toward Jaejoong’s room and knocks the door repeatedly but he gets no response.

“Jae? It’s me.” He called again but still no response.

“Jae, please open the door. We need to talk!” He knocked harder but still useless. Jaejoong didn’t come to open the door. Yunho’s heart is beating faster.

“Jae, open this door!” He knocked louder and raised his voice. But still he gets no response. Yunho sighed and push the knob but to his surprise, Jaejoong is not in his room.

“Jae?” He called and wandering around. Jaejoong was not in the bathroom. Yunho’s heart is beating violently against his chest.

“Jae, where are you baby?”  Yunho chanted in his mind nervously and run downstairs. Jaejoong’s school shoe was nowhere to found.  No way…

He grabbed his phone and dialled a number. ! He cursed as he gets no answer. He tried again but still no response. He keeps press the same button but still failure. Yunho throw the phone harshly on the floor and rubbed his sweaty face. Jae, where are you? School? Yunho run to his room to get his car key and without thinking, he drive the car to the school. He speed the car around 140 km/h. He didn’t care anymore. The school is already dark and empty.

“Can I help you?” A security guard walked toward him.

“Did you see Jae?” Yunho asked anxiously. The guard startle.

“No. I mean a male student.” Yunho asked back, slowing down his rage.

“Sorry mr, but there is no student here. They have already back home.” The man answered calmly.

“Seriously? Have you checked all over this damn place?” Yunho raised his voice. He starts to get impatient.

“We are serious. For your information, one of our staffs had already checking around the school to prevent any unwanted accidents.” He answered back. He probably notices Yunho’s anxious state.

“What about Heechul? He said he want to send Jae home. Do you have his phone number? His address?” Yunho burst out. The guard say nothing but slowly shaking his head.

“Damn it!” Yunho get into his car and drives it away.  He didn’t know where to go, he lose it. Jae, where are you baby? Yunho returned to home around 4 am. He just keeps wandering around like a homeless person. He didn’t have anybody to call. He didn’t know Heechul’s address or phone number. He didn’t know Yoona’s. And he can’t call his parent. His mom will get a heart attack. He walks toward Jaejoong’s room and fall on his bed hopeless. The scent of Jaejoong lingering on the bed causing his heart to aching painfully. He felt so tired and weak. Where are you Jae? Please come home? I’m sorry. I know I am the wrong one. Please give me a chance to fix all the mistakes I had done. Jae, just come back okay! Yunho curls his fist tightly.

 

 

Heechul POV

 

I get off the bed ever slowly, not wanting to wake Jaejoong up. He finally falls asleep. He must be so tired after all the things that happened today. I put the comforter over his petite body and walks toward the door. I open the door and walks downstairs, to the kitchen. I grab the glass and to my surprise, it’s fall on the floor. Breaking into smaller pieces. I stood motionless, unable to think of anything. My body was trembling.

“Young master, are you okay?” I turned aside to see him. He grabbed my hand and check for the injuries. Fortunately, I have none. I raise my head to face him and stumble into his chest.

“It’s ing hurt, Hankyung. I can’t stand anymore.” I cried loudly against his chest. Seeing Jaejoong crying in front of my eyes is like a déjà vu. Why I had always failed protecting my friends?

“Ssssh…it’s okay. You have me, remember young master.” Hankyung caressed Heechul’s hair smoothly while the latter keep crying wetting his shirt.

 

 

 

 

Hi everyone, thanks for reading my fics. Sorry for any mistakes since English is not my first language. Hope u enjoy it :D

And i know everyone will feel curiousabout Hankyung, heechul's partner. Hehehee...there will be another secret.