~ 26 Caught In The Middle ~

The World As I See It

Hey guys, it's been a while. Here's an bit longer update! 

 

 

 

 

 

“I think it’s time we go home.” I said. But I don’t want to leave her embrace anytime soon.

 

“I think it is.” She muttered as she buried her lips at the top of my head.

 

“But I don’t want to leave just yet…”

 

She chuckled.

 

“It’s not like we won’t be able to see each other tomorrow, princess.”

 

“Do you really want me out of your sight that much?” I scoffed.

 

“Oh no no no no. Of course not,” I can feel her shake her head. “It would’ve been so much better if you were with me 24/7.”

 

“Then why?”

 

“I’m sure your sister’s worried about you. Not to mention your driver, whom may I remind again, you’ve sent a death threat message and ignored his calls for the past few hours.”

 

“I just told him that I can go home by myself.”

 

“A princess going home by herself,” She rubbed my arms. “I’m not sure if that’s legal.”

 

“Huh, funny.” I tried to sound sarcastic which of course, I always fail to do so.

 

“Alright. How about I take you home?” She offered.

 

“You serious?”

 

“If I’m not then I wouldn’t be carrying you right now and going down the stairs with you in my arms, won’t I?”

 

“How the actual hell…?” I almost loss my sanity when I took noticed of our surroundings, we were already on the ground floor.

 

“Aren’t I amazing?” She grinned as she continued on striding flawlessly out of the door with me in her arms.

 

“Not really. You’re just too proud of yourself, thank you.”

 

“I’m running.”

 

“You’re wha-?” Before I can even continue what I was about to say, we were already in front of a very luxurious-looking car.

 

“Gods that was fast.” I said to myself while she gently put me down.

 

“Good thing I never run in school, huh?” She said with a smug grin on her face.

 

“Tiff, you just did.”

 

“I mean, when there are other people around.”

 

“Because it will blow your cover.” I remembered what she told me just a few hours back.

 

“Are you coming in or are you gonna try on walking back home by yourself?”

 

“You mean here?” I asked as I pointed at the car which was in front of us.

 

“Want to jump on my back and do what Edward and Bella did on Twilight, then?”

 

“Sometimes, you humor me too much.” I smiled.

 

“Better than having a humorless lover.” She opened the door of the passenger’s seat and hauled me in.

 

I scanned the interior of her car and I was quite amazed at how neat it looks. I love how the leather seats accentuated with the over-all customized design of the car’s interior.

 

So she has a thing for ‘toys for the big boys’ too.

 

“How do you find it?” I haven’t noticed that she has already occupied the driver’s seat while I was eyeing her car’s interior design.

 

“Pretty neat.” I nodded my head. “Are all vampires really this rich?”

 

“It’s just a car, Jessi. How do you measure my wealth with a car?”

 

“First of all, just by the looks of it on the outside, it’s one of a kind. Second, I know it’s customized for your own liking. If it’s customized, then you probably threw millions for it to be this well-made.”

 

“I find girls with a lot of knowledge about cars hot.” She gave me a flirtatious wink.

 

I can’t help the spreading of heat coursing through my cheeks.

 

“Just give me a second.” She said as she started the engine and drove off the parking area and out the high way with an earpiece on.

 

“Hey, Tae. I’m driving Jessica home- What?! Not our house, dummy. Their house, of course.”

 

I let out a low laugh.

 

“I get it, I get it. You can talk about it with Jessi tomorrow. I’m hanging up, I’m still driving. See you guys later.”

 

“Talk with Taeyeon about what?”

 

“They want to invite you back home soon.”

 

“Do they…?” I trailed off.

 

“I think they do. Those fools have their own ways of finding out about certain things.”

 

“You never told me about their true identities.”

 

“I think it’s best if they tell you themselves.” She gave my hand a reassuring squeeze.

 

“You sure do know what road to take to get to our house.” I said.

 

“I got it imprinted in my mind. I told you before, that big tree near your window is my hang out place.”

 

I only smiled. It’s interesting how out of all the trees out there, that big tree by my window is her hang out place. Small world, small town.

 

“Jessi?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you and we’re here.”

 

I snapped out of my self-reflection and was about to open the door when Tiffany suddenly opened it for me.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“Where are my manners if I haven’t opened the door for you, eh?” She grinned yet again as she took a hold of my hand while we walk.

 

“Is grinning really that necessary?”

 

“Oh princess, grinning is a part of me.”

 

“How’d you manage to enter through the gate?”

 

“Easy. I showed the guards your face while you were in your own little world, smiling to yourself.”

 

“…I shouldn’t space out so much. I’m missing out on embarrassing things.”

 

“You look adorable when spacing out though.” She caressed my cheek and smiled.

 

“Shall we?” She extended her hand out again and I reached for it with no difficulties.

 

“So, this is how your house looks like up close.” She said, scanning the exterior of our house. “Looks grand.”

 

I chuckled. “Does it? You haven’t been here before?”

 

“Nope. I don’t like trespassing into other people’s properties that much.” We were only a few steps away from the door.

 

“But your hang out place is on that big tree near my window.”

 

“That,” She tapped on my nose. “Is an exception. And that has been my hang out place even before I met you.”

 

“Excuses.” I stuck my tongue out.

 

“You have a very tempting tongue.”

 

“…”

 

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon what time- Oh god, why is Tiffany Hwang standing in our doorsteps?” Great. I didn’t even hear the sound of the door opening (I’m sure Tiffany did. Gods.) and now my very annoying sister enters the scene.

 

“A wonderful night to you, baby Jung.” Tiffany greeted my sister with much ease.

 

“I-” That’s my sister having difficulties in forming words.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow in school?” Tiffany hugged me and whispered to my ear, “Dream of me tonight.” Then she pecked on my lips and ran (more of like walk in her own vampiric way) to her car.

 

Krystal and I watched as Tiffany waved goodbye and dashed off on her to-drool-for car.

 

The both of us stood in our doorsteps, dumbfounded.

 

“Did she just…?” My poor sister is still having a hard time in processing what right words to say.

 

Before she can even continue her sentence, I hurriedly ran to my own room with frantic steps.

 

“I’M TELLING DAD!” Was all I can hear from my sister as I slammed the door to my room shut.

 

I ignored the sounds of hurried footsteps, the constant knocking on my door, and my sister’s voice saying “You two just kissed in front of me! Oh god my tainted eyes!”

 

Not even bothering to change clothes, I laid down on my bed, threw my shoes off and closed my eyes; hoping to dream of one particular vamp as I sleep.

 

 

- -

 

 

The next day came more like a blur as I quickened all my morning rituals (which kind of left Krystal gawking)

 

I was done with everything and I only had to wait for Krystal, the current lazy mumbling incomprehensible words while she was wearing her shoes.

 

“Done?” I asked and Krystal nodded.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

 

- -

 

 

After Mr. Han drops us off the school, Krystal and I stood in front of our building’s main entrance.

 

“I knew there was something between Tiffany unnie and you the first time I saw you two together.” Krystal grinned.

 

“You’re not mad?”

 

“Why would I be? Gosh unnie, you really are slow. I was just teasing you back then when I asked you if I can have Tiffany unnie by myself.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

 

“I thought you were- Your reaction last night-”

 

“I wouldn’t want anything else but for you to be happy, unnie.” She smiled at me. “Like hello? My sister, dating the most famous campus celeb? Dammit woman!”

 

“Quiet Soojung! And watch your words, young lady.” I glared at her.

 

“We’re the only one’s here, unnie. Given the fact that you woke up so early today, I think we’re few of the first people in school.”

 

“We better get going before you spazz like a crazy retard over the girls.” I pulled Krystal’s hand and entered the building.

 

“Your room’s the other way, remember?” She chuckled and tugged for my hand to let go. “I’ll see you later, unnie.”

 

 

- -

 

 

I was about to enter our classroom when someone tapped on my shoulder’s from behind.

 

“Gods, Sooyoung. I almost had a heart attack!”

 

“You can’t have a heart attack! Tiffany’s going to kill me! I won’t be able to eat my precious food again!” Ok… I didn’t know that would set Sooyoung off.

 

“Calm down, Sooyoung. I was just kidding.” I chuckled.

 

“Oh thank God.” A sigh of relief escaped from . “I didn’t expect you to be this early.”

 

“I woke up early today.”

 

Sooyoung only gave me a knowing smirk.

 

“Shut up, Choi Sooyoung. I know what that smirk means.”

 

“Ok ok, geez. Prof’s already inside by the way.”

 

“You mean our class’s adviser and resident teacher?”

 

“Uh-huh. I’m sure he’s excited to see you.” Sooyoung smiled as she opened our classroom’s door.

 

As I entered the room, I saw Tiffany glancing at me while she talked to a man; the man’s back facing me.

 

I smiled at her and she smiled back while mouthing a “Good morning, princess.”

 

I turned my attention back to the man as Tiffany continued to talk with him, a bit into their conversation.

 

He seems familiar.

 

Very familiar.

 

I made my way to the teacher’s desk, where the said man was seated on his chair.

 

Freaking. Blood. Of. Olympus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“DAD?!”

 

 

 

 

 

~

Oh-hoh. And so the said professor came out to be none other than Jessica's very own dad. :O

I know you're wondering if Tiffany or Jessica's father himself knows of JeTi's 'blossoming' romance. Want a hint? I DON'T KNOW. :3

I'm just kidding. Haha. You'll know as the story progresses. I had a bit of a hard time writing this chapter coz I had no inspiration. But then Tiffany's going to be on Jessica&Krystal's show next week and my energy boosted up, big time. So maybe after watching J&K's episode 2, I might drop off a new one-shot on my JeTi fics collection, My Piece Of Heaven and maybe another update here too. Depends on my current state of mind. :))

 

I have nothing much to say rather than wait as Jessica knows more facts about the girls and why her dad has suddenly appeared out of nowhere and is actually their class's adviser.

As for the rest of the girls and JungLi, I'm planning on writing about them after the 'conflict' which will only be written in one chapter between Jessica and her father is solved. Pretty much soon.

 

And school's coming up. Maybe I won't be able to update that much again but I'll try my best.

Now won't you do this poor author who's having her birthday this weekend a favor and leave some comments behind? It'd be a very precious gift from my dear readers. ;u;

Thanks for the upvotes, subbies, readers and comments! Ciao ciao~

 

~ XOXO