~ 21 Giving In ~

The World As I See It

Here's the other update that I've promised. Enjoy! :)

 

 

 

 

 

I hurriedly ran down the stairs and made a quick U-turn. I’m running. WTH, my motto is doomed.

 

I passed by the canteen and in to the special class’ private place. I opened the door, hoping to find someone on the first floor. But with no luck, there wasn’t anyone there. I guess the chef and the staffs’ been gone to do more errands somewhere. I halted for a moment. I get tired so easily these days, I need to exercise more often. As my breath steadied, I walked up to the second floor. Again, the entertainment area’s isolated. I stared on the door of the only room I haven’t checked yet.

 

Please be here. I muttered as I slowly turned the knob. And with a click, it opened.

 

I scanned the room. My eyes instantly landed on a sleeping figure on the lower bunk of a double deck bed.  Gods, is she sleeping again?

 

I quietly sat down on the sofa near the bed. I observed her sleeping figure.

 

How can someone sleep so comfortably during this time? And she looks so peaceful this way.

 

I waited for her to regain her consciousness for a few minutes but you know me, I’m short tempered. I huffed a few times then shouted on her left ear.

 

“WAKE UP YOU CONCEITED BRAT!”

 

It seems like she heard me. She turned around and covered her ears for further unwanted sounds. Augh. She’s smart.

 

“Stephanie…” I tried to shake her by the shoulders. She only let out a soft whimper as a reply.

 

“Are you really sleeping or are you just trying to avoid me?” I asked.

 

Silence.

 

“Fine. If you don’t want to talk to me, atleast listen to what I’m about to say.” I sat back on the sofa.

 

“You know, you’re acting like a jealous girlfriend.”

 

Her eyebrows formed into a frown. Heh. I knew it. She wasn’t sleeping at all.

 

“Yes, you heard me right. Like a freakin’ jealous girlfriend of some sort.” I smirked. “You haven’t even asked me out on a date. Kris was just kindly introducing himself to me, and looked at the impact of it to you now.”

 

She turned around, her body facing the wall.

 

“I know you’re listening, Tiff. You’re such a bad actress.”

 

She didn’t budge.

 

“When are you planning on talking to me again? After a thousand years? Surely, I’d be dead by then.”

 

“You shouldn’t be talking about you and death.” Oh. She finally responded.

 

“Can’t I?” This is not actually my plan but I guess getting her to talk to me again is good enough.

 

“No, you can’t.” She turned again. This time, facing me.

 

“And why?”

 

“Because I can’t imagine living in a world without you.” Shoot. She caught me off guard.

 

“…”

 

She gave me one of her mischievous smiles. “Turn of events, princess. Any change of plans?”

 

“W-What are you talking about?”

 

“I caught you off guard didn’t I?”

 

“Oh please. I didn’t come here to listen to your sweet talks.” I muttered.

 

“I see.”

 

“No, you don’t. You’re being blinded by jealousy.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“For Edward Cullen’s sake, admit it!”

 

“No!”

 

“You are so hard headed!”

 

“I thought you’ve come here to patch things up with me?” She asked.

 

“I did! But how can I, when you’re trying to deny and dodge things?!”

 

She stared blankly into space for a while then answered, “I’ll listen.”

 

“Good, then.” I let out a sigh of relief.

 

“If you’ve got things to ask me, then shoot.”

 

“Why have you been avoiding me for weeks?”

 

“It’s none of your business.”

 

“What the hell? Of course it is my business. It’s me you’ve been avoiding!”

 

“Why asked the question when you already know the answer to it?”

 

“You’re getting in my nerves again…” I closed my eyes and breathed in. “So you were jealous.”

 

“Who wouldn’t be?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know. The rest of the class maybe?” I sarcastically replied.

 

“Why are we even further drifting off the main topic?”

 

“As I said, you’re trying to avoid things. Try to be serious, Tiff.”

 

“Ok, I’ll try.”

 

“Promise?” I held out my pinky.

 

“Promise.” And her pinky with mine sealed the deal.

 

“You were jealous?” I asked again.

 

“…”

 

“I told you to be serious but I never told you to not answer my questions.”

 

“Why is it so hard to admit things to you?” She whined.

 

“You’re the one making it hard for yourself, don’t ask me.”

 

“Dammit.”

 

“I’m just asking you if you were jealous. I ain’t asking you out for a date or anything.”

 

“Fine.” Tiffany sat on the bed. “I… was…”

 

“You were what?”

 

“Jealous.”

 

“What? I can’t hear you.”

 

“I was jealous!” She shouted.

 

“Ok, I got it. No need to shout it out load.” I chuckled.

 

“He was all over you and he’s getting on my nerves like a – like a,” She pondered.

 

“Like what?” I can’t help but to stifle a laugh.

 

“Like that Robert Parisian of yours!”

 

I sighed, “How many times do I have to correct you? It’s PATTINSON.”

 

“Whatever. I don’t like that guy.” She muttered.

 

“Who do you like, then?” I tried to .

 

“You really want to know?” She flawlessly jumped off the bed and took slow steps to get closer to me.

 

She steps forward, I took one step backward.

 

Not until my back hit the wall.

 

I gulped.

 

“I got you.” She grinned yet again while placing her palms on the wall, trapping my body.

 

“You got me.” What I said came more like a whisper.

 

“And,” A cold yet soft hand tenderly caressed my left cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I like you.”

 

 

 

 

 

~

Hohoho. A sudden confession is just what we need to lighten up the mood~ Lol.

Seems like things are going smoothly (?) for JeTi. About two to three more chapters and I'll be including the POVs of the other characters. :))

Things are getting more and more interesting nowadays. Haha. :D

You see, after this chapter, my mind can't quite comprehend what to write anymore but I tried my best for the next one.

And here's a sneak-peek:

 

“I’m not like you.”

 

“What do you mean?” That was confusing.

 

“I’m not human.”

 

I stayed silent.

 

“I’m one of those supernatural beings. If you thought that you can only read them in books then, surprise.” She added with a somewhat bitter chuckle.

 

“This isn’t a prank, right?”

 

She sighed, “No.”

 

Sooooo~ I'll see you on the next update. I don't know when but I do hope that I can update soon. I'm a bit busy with training and all. ^^;

 

There are about 200+ subscribers for this fic but the comments are as rare as Jessica running. Why is that? ;u;

Please do leave comments behind. I'll be more than happy to read two or more~ <3

Thanks for the old and new subbies and upvoters! You guys are daebak! \o/

 

~ XOXO