~ 22 When Curiosity Kicks In ~

The World As I See It

Since I can't hold it in much longer and my dear readers are asking for it, here's an update. Enjoy~ :Y

 

 

 

 

 

Did she just…?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey Stepho, guess what? Jessica has been looking for – ” The voice I recognized as Sooyoung’s faltered.

 

“Okay. Talk to you later!” I heard the sounds of the door closing with a thud and hurried footsteps going down the stairs.

 

“Why do I always get interrupted when I’m about to – ” I didn’t let her continue with what she was about to say as I leaned in and kissed her.

 

I… I kissed her.

 

Her lips were cold. It was cold against mine but what really surprised me was her response.

 

It was gentle. It was as gentle as her cold hands sliding down my sides and finding their way on my waist.

 

I let my arms encircle on her neck, my fingers grazing the hair on her nape.

 

After what seemed about a minute-long kiss, she let out a low growl and softly bit on my lower lip before pulling away.

 

She looked me in the eyes and said, “I knew those lips of yours weren’t just for show. I think I’ve got a new addiction.”

 

I shivered when her right hand made its way on my left cheek.

 

“I’m warning you though, there are things… Things that you might not like about me.”

 

“I’m willing to accept you for who you are. I don’t know why but in this short amount of time I’ve been with you, I think I’ve fallen deep and you’re the cause of it.” I confessed.

 

“Exactly what’s on my mind. Are you a mind reader?” She smiled; that kind of radiant smile she rarely shows to everyone.

 

I chuckled.

 

“You’re just so hard to resist.” I tapped the tip of her nose with my forefinger. “I can’t further deny or hide what I’m feeling for you. At first I thought it was a mere crush but there’s something in you that’s making my heart do somersaults.”

 

“And make the butterflies on your stomach do a rampage?” I can stare at her perfectly sculpted facial features all day and never get tired of it.

 

“Don’t zone out on me, please. It’s scary.” She pinched my cheek.

 

“Sorry. It’s just that you’re so goddammit gorgeous.” I blurted out.

 

“I know.” She grinned and I rolled my eyes.

 

“You’re so conceited.”

 

“Baby, I was born this way.”

 

“Don’t go all Lady Gaga on me now.”

 

“Okay, okay. This might be a bit sudden but can you listen to what I’m about to say?” Now she looked serious.

 

“Is it that serious?”

 

“If you put it that way then yes. To the extent that if Sooyoung didn’t have a single clue to what I really am, she might not eat for a month.”

 

“It is a serious matter.” I agreed.

 

“Gosh I hope you don’t freak out.” She muttered but of course, due to the lack of space between us, I clearly heard what she’d said.

 

“I’ll try not to.” I rubbed her arm as a sign of assurance.

 

“I’m not like you.”

 

“What do you mean?” That was confusing.

 

“I’m not human.”

 

I stayed silent.

 

“I’m one of those supernatural beings. If you thought that you can only read them in books then, surprise.” She added with a somewhat bitter chuckle.

 

“This isn’t a prank, right?”

 

She sighed, “No.”

 

Right at that moment, I thought of any possible scientific explanation about what she had said. Or just any possible explanation.

 

Then it hit me.

 

Her loss of appetite or so I thought every lunch time, sleeping during day time, her cold body, her perfectly sculpted facial features, how the pupil of her eyes sometimes changed size and even its color; changing from black to hazel brown and maybe, many more.

 

“You’re – “

 

“I’m secretly a guy.”

 

“Oh would you please shut up for a moment.”

 

She did a zipping motion with her hand. I smiled.

 

“You’re a vampire.”

 

“How’d you…?” She asked, a bit flabbergasted.

 

“It wasn’t that hard to guess. Considering the fact that,” I took her hand which was caressing my cheek. “You always find ways to hold me close.”

 

“Oh right, my hands.” She laughed.

 

“And your eyes.” I gave her a long stare.

 

“You’re not afraid of me?”

 

“Am I supposed to?”

 

“Not really, but this isn’t the initial reaction I thought you’d be in when I tell you.”

 

 

“I’ve read books about your kind so many times now but I’ve never thought that I’ll meet one myself. Honestly, I was a bit at shock. And you proved the authors of fictional books wrong.” We both laughed.

 

“Glad that I’ve contributed to the things that you’ve proven wrong. Do you have a collection?”

 

“Is this a question and answer portion? What if I tell you I have one?” I held the collar of the polo shirt she was wearing to get her closer to me.

 

“Yes and  I wouldn’t mind if you have one, as long as you share your knowhow with me from now on.” She smiled her dazzling smile.

 

“I think we’ll have no problem with that.” I smiled as well. “Can I ask you more questions, then?”

 

“Go on, I’m all ears.”

 

“But first, umm, can we… The position we’re in is kinda awkward. Can we sit on the bed?” I fiddled with her collar. I can feel my face heating up with my own request.

 

She let out a hearty chuckle.

 

“Dear princess, your wish is my command.” I gasped. She lifted me off my feet and carried me, making her way to the bed she was slumped in a few moments ago.

 

“As expected, you’re as light as a feather.” She placed me on the side of the bed and she settled beside me. “Better?”

 

I nodded, “I thought vampires have inhuman speed?”

 

“We do.”

 

“How come I never see you run fast?”

 

“Because it will blow my cover?”

 

“Right.”

 

She moved closer and pinched the bridge of my nose, “You’re cute.”

 

 

 

 

 

~

Dun dun. I'm currently brain storming because this is the last chapter that I've written so far. (I don't even have a draft for the next chapter OTL) But oh well, if it wasn't for you guys and your interest and love for this fic, I wouldn't have posted this. You guys are just so hard to resist. ;u;

Heol. So I guess it would take a long time 'til I update again. But please do wait for me \o/ OTL And considering the cliff hanger I left for this one, I think the next chapter's gonna be fun to write about. :3

Insipiration comes rare nowadays. No OTP moments so far. I'm currently getting inspiration from reading JT fanfics, watching past moments & FMVs and Sakura Trick (because PH surfers recommended it XD <3) and reading some NanoFate doujinshis too. I'm tryna get all the inspiration I can get. Rofl.

 

Ayt, 'til next time my lovely readers. <3 Wait for me, neh? We'll have more ACE family moments to come on my next updates, more facts and mysteries to be revealed. Hoho. :3

Thank yooooou so much for the subbies, upvotes and readers. Silent readers, please don't be shy and talk to me. I don't bite, not like vamp Stepho. :B

 

Ayt, your comments are very well appreciated. Please do leave one behind, it'll be my pleasure. :))

 

~ XOXO